Sign in to follow this  
michelle08

Chair Ties on White Wooden Chairs?

What are your thoughts about the chair ties that you see on the chairs with the chair cover...but tied on the white wooden chairs instead?

I personally like the white wooden chairs better but I like the ties too?

I actually have seen that a few times on shows like "Whose wedding is it anyway?" I really like the look of it. The sheer fabric is what I typically see.

I know what you're saying. Both are really nice. It's a tough decision. Maybe you can use one type for the ceremony and another for the reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding View Post
I know what you're saying. Both are really nice. It's a tough decision. Maybe you can use one type for the ceremony and another for the reception.
Okay Jen...although that's a good idea...you are talking to the biggest tightwad on the face of this earth!!! :)

I am having them move the ceremony chairs to the dinner tables afterward because I don't want to pay for 80 chairs...only 40!!!

I know that might be tacky but I don't care!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle08 View Post
Okay Jen...although that's a good idea...you are talking to the biggest tightwad on the face of this earth!!! :)

I am having them move the ceremony chairs to the dinner tables afterward because I don't want to pay for 80 chairs...only 40!!!

I know that might be tacky but I don't care!!! :)

That's not tacky. I would say, go with the white wooden chairs without the covers and ties. They're very pretty and easy to move without worrying that the ties will get messed up. Plus, since you're having your wedding at the Imperial Suite, it's a more casual atmosphere and your guests may move the chairs around themselves after dinner. Again, no worrying about the ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisco4 View Post
I bet those organza ties would look good on wooden chairs. What are your colors?
What are the organza ties? I have no fashion sense...

My colors are light pink and chocolate brown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak27 View Post
Ooooh, I like the chocolate against the white chairs, what a great contract and would make for some beautiful pictures.
Yeah, I like it too actually.