Photo

The Royal Cancun

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 JosieM

JosieM
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hey girls!  I just recently decided on the Royal Cancun for September as well!!!  So happy I found this site!  I still have a bunch of details to plan and I think your help will be invaluable.  I'm still hemming and hawing about the spot for the ceremony.  Any thoughts about the different choices? 

#32 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
    • 261 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Congrats!!! I'm getting married at a Real Resort too!  Gran Porto Real in Playa - June 2.

I'm using Terrah at Legacy Travel. She is truly awesome. One thing I love is they give you a website too keep up with the guests. When they arrive and when they depart...

The guest only need $200 to lock in their rooms and payment in full is not due until a month before departure.

We did not block off rooms because if my guests find a better deal elsewhere, Terrah will match that offer.

Here is our travel website and her number is included.

http://www.legacydes...d-steven-newton

#33 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
      • 261 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

Twillia

The resort flowers are really pricey. I'm going the non floral route.

The resort quoted me $60/table that looked like crap. I am doing my own for about $17/table.

Centerpiece - Dollartree.com for vase and candles / Walmart Seashells / Ebay for starfishes

so im about six months til my wedding and I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!... im kind of freaking out but i cant really do anything since i have no idea how many people are actually coming!!!!... i dont want to order things in bulk if some arent going to go.. How did you girls manage this?????????!!! help.. any advice!!!! any of you girls used the resorts centerpieces????? pics??

#34 Labebita911

Labebita911
        • 303 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

soooo... i was wondering.. Im debating on wether using SPazul for hair and makeup.. or hiring outside vendor.. problem is i really really wouldnt want to pay $350 just to have someone do that!! that sounds crazy to me... anyone had bad or good experience with spazul. also did you reall yhave to pay the vendor fee or a day pass??

Also .. i contacted my WC and she told me if i wanted to have photography and videography wether its by the same person or not i have to pay double!!! thats crazy too!! if the same vendor is providing both photo and video why do i need to pay an extra $350!.. anyone encountered this?..Im really starting to get annoyed with all these fees!!! cuz the fee itself is soo high.. other resorts are like 100.. that sounds more reasonable considering all my guest are staying at Real Resort..wtf.gif

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#35 Txgirl001

Txgirl001
          • 43 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Happy planning all!!! Just returned from my fabulous destination wedding!!! both the Royal and Gran Caribe are amazing.

I was very happy with the wedding coordinator Elizabeth at the resort and Marianna at the Spa.

My photographer did an amazing job and am super pleased with his work, he edited my pictures and had them ready before I left Mexico! Not many of the big companies do that. They usually take several months. Feel free to look at my photos on Face book - email is Rebeca_Steele@yahoo.com.

my photographer is Nestor nestorfotografia@gmail.com he is super reasonable and just amazing!!!!!

I used him for my engagement pics in cancun and then hired him for the wedding through email !!!!

#36 Txgirl001

Txgirl001
            • 43 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twillia2 

I'M NEW AND HAVE NO CLUE

I'm pretty sure there's a forum for the questions I'm about to ask but I simply can not find them.  I'm attempting to plan a wedding in Cancun Mexico.  I say attempting because right now I have no clue what I'm doing.  So I thought having a destination wedding would be less fuss, easy breezy!  Well, so far it has been hard not knowing what the end product is going to look like.  I'm hoping there are other brides on this site that are going through the same thing or have already experienced having a wedding at this particular resort. I have a few questions:

1: Whose the photographer for the Royal Cancun?

2: Will I be able to taste my cake before I have to decide? Does the cake taste good?

3: Will I be able to taste the food before I have to decide?

4: Does the resort have a vendors list?

5: Do you make all the decisions when you get to the resort?

6: Where can you get hair & makeup other than their spa?

7: Are there any real pictures of weddings for this resort?

Well i got married next door at the Gran Caribe Real- I don't think things are too different.

Funever photos is the photographer and honestly I wasn't pleased with there photos. I used a photographer i met when I got engaged in Cancun and set everything thing up through email. He was amazing .. has all pics edited and done before I left Mexico....you can check out my face book  Rebeca_Steele@yahoo.com for his work and he can be reached at Nestorfotografia@gmail.com.

I had the vanilla cake and it was delicious.

When I got to the resort a lot of the things were verified and decisions finalized. I had Elizabeth as my WC, she was awesome.

#37 Labebita911

Labebita911
              • 303 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:22 AM

so funever is no good??

Originally Posted by Txgirl001 

Well i got married next door at the Gran Caribe Real- I don't think things are too different.

Funever photos is the photographer and honestly I wasn't pleased with there photos. I used a photographer i met when I got engaged in Cancun and set everything thing up through email. He was amazing .. has all pics edited and done before I left Mexico....you can check out my face book  Rebeca_Steele@yahoo.com for his work and he can be reached at Nestorfotografia@gmail.com.

When I got to the resort a lot of the things were verified and decisions finalized. I had Elizabeth as my WC, she was awesome.

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

#38 Labebita911

Labebita911
                • 303 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:22 AM

so funever is no good??

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

#39 Labebita911

Labebita911
                  • 303 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

so funever is no good??

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

#40 Labebita911

Labebita911
                    • 303 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

so funever is no good??

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users