Jump to content

Photo

The Royal Cancun


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Twillia2

Twillia2
  • Newbie
  • 3 posts

    Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

    I'M NEW AND HAVE NO CLUE

     

    I'm pretty sure there's a forum for the questions I'm about to ask but I simply can not find them.  I'm attempting to plan a wedding in Cancun Mexico.  I say attempting because right now I have no clue what I'm doing.  So I thought having a destination wedding would be less fuss, easy breezy!  Well, so far it has been hard not knowing what the end product is going to look like.  I'm hoping there are other brides on this site that are going through the same thing or have already experienced having a wedding at this particular resort. I have a few questions:

     

    1: Whose the photographer for the Royal Cancun?

    2: Will I be able to taste my cake before I have to decide? Does the cake taste good?

    3: Will I be able to taste the food before I have to decide?

    4: Does the resort have a vendors list?

    5: Do you make all the decisions when you get to the resort?

    6: Where can you get hair & makeup other than their spa?

    7: Are there any real pictures of weddings for this resort?

     



    #22 Labebita911

    Labebita911
    • Jr. Member
    • 303 posts

      Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

      Hi Twillia2

       

      Welcome to the forums, I am soooooo thankful to have found this website because it s is soooo helpful. Anywho I am planning my wedding for July 14, 2012 at The Royal Cancun, Now i have a question for you.. Have you ever been to the Royal? and I agree I thouhgt it would be easier to plan a DW but soo not the case its so hard not having control. so i dont know all the answers to your questions but i will try
       

      1: Whose the photographer for the Royal Cancun? From what i heard they use Funever Photos some people say they do a good job and other say the opposite so its kind of hard to tell if they would work for what your looking for (if photos and video is something really important to you) I have heard of Ivan Luckie and Del Sol Photography that are really good but depending on your budget since also if the reosrt doesnt use them you will need to pay a vendor fee of $350.00 plus ost of photos

      2: Will I be able to taste my cake before I have to decide? Does the cake taste good? Im sure they will let you taste it when you meet before the wedding

      3: Will I be able to taste the food before I have to decide?

      4: Does the resort have a vendors list? Im not sure but you can email the resort, which that is on my list to get a list of vendors if i get it i will forward it to you via PM

      5: Do you make all the decisions when you get to the resort? No, you will be assiged a WC and you communicate via email or phone

      6: Where can you get hair & makeup other than their spa? There is a mall down the street from the resort they have a store which is like a macy's im sure you can go there for it

      7: Are there any real pictures of weddings for this resort? This there are definetly lacking of, you can go on tripadvisor and check out pics.. also on youtube they have some videos..

       

      Hope all this helps, if anything PM me.. I have been to the royal twice.. LOVE IT!!!
       

      Originally Posted by Twillia2 

      I'M NEW AND HAVE NO CLUE

       

      I'm pretty sure there's a forum for the questions I'm about to ask but I simply can not find them.  I'm attempting to plan a wedding in Cancun Mexico.  I say attempting because right now I have no clue what I'm doing.  So I thought having a destination wedding would be less fuss, easy breezy!  Well, so far it has been hard not knowing what the end product is going to look like.  I'm hoping there are other brides on this site that are going through the same thing or have already experienced having a wedding at this particular resort. I have a few questions:

       

      1: Whose the photographer for the Royal Cancun?

      2: Will I be able to taste my cake before I have to decide? Does the cake taste good?

      3: Will I be able to taste the food before I have to decide?

      4: Does the resort have a vendors list?

      5: Do you make all the decisions when you get to the resort?

      6: Where can you get hair & makeup other than their spa?

      7: Are there any real pictures of weddings for this resort?

       




      Future Mrs. Perez 2012

      The Royal Cancun

      Cancun, MX

      July 14, 2012

      Bride and Groom plus

      20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


      #23 GVphotographer

      GVphotographer
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,667 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

      Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

      Hi,
      Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your wedding.
      Happy planning!!



      #24 Twillia2

      Twillia2
      • Newbie
      • 3 posts

        Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

        Thanks for the response! I have not been to the Royal yet, my first time will be when I arrive for my wedding. Congrats on your engagement!  We are kind of in the same boat.  I would definitely like to keep in touch as we both go through this process:) 



        #25 Labebita911

        Labebita911
        • Jr. Member
        • 303 posts

          Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

          Defintly we can keep in touch as we go thru this process.. When are you looking to get married? What made you look into choosin the Royal? PM if you wanna see some of my pics
           

          Originally Posted by Twillia2 

          Thanks for the response! I have not been to the Royal yet, my first time will be when I arrive for my wedding. Congrats on your engagement!  We are kind of in the same boat.  I would definitely like to keep in touch as we both go through this process:) 




          Future Mrs. Perez 2012

          The Royal Cancun

          Cancun, MX

          July 14, 2012

          Bride and Groom plus

          20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


          #26 Twillia2

          Twillia2
          • Newbie
          • 3 posts

            Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

            I love love to see some pics! I'm getting married on October 15, 2011. I chose the royal because the property loves amazing, I heard great things about this resort. I hope everything people have been telling me is true.

            #27 Labebita911

            Labebita911
            • Jr. Member
            • 303 posts

              Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

              Cool... October is a good month to go... I went in Oct in 2008 and the weather was really comfortable... then i went in July 2010 and it was still good but a lot more humid.. The royal def. does not disappoint...
               

              Originally Posted by Twillia2 

              I love love to see some pics! I'm getting married on October 15, 2011. I chose the royal because the property loves amazing, I heard great things about this resort. I hope everything people have been telling me is true.

              Future Mrs. Perez 2012

              The Royal Cancun

              Cancun, MX

              July 14, 2012

              Bride and Groom plus

              20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


              #28 Labebita911

              Labebita911
              • Jr. Member
              • 303 posts

                Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

                so im about six months til my wedding and I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!... im kind of freaking out but i cant really do anything since i have no idea how many people are actually coming!!!!... i dont want to order things in bulk if some arent going to go.. How did you girls manage this?????????!!! help.. any advice!!!! any of you girls used the resorts centerpieces????? pics??


                Future Mrs. Perez 2012

                The Royal Cancun

                Cancun, MX

                July 14, 2012

                Bride and Groom plus

                20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                #29 Pierre Violle

                Pierre Violle
                • Jr. Member
                • 272 posts

                  Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

                  Welcome and congratulations!

                  The Royal has a variety of locations for both the ceremony and the reception.  A few of you were asking for pictures so here are a few to give you an idea of the different style weddings you can have!  Check out Beachfront chapel wedding in the Royal Cancun, Mexico.

                   

                  Larger Ballroom Reception

                  Ballroom wedding reception at the Royal Cancun, Mexico.

                   

                  Intimate Beach Ceremony

                  Beach wedding at the Royal Cancun, Mexico.

                   

                  Intimate Wedding Dinner

                  Small wedding dinner / reception at Royal Cancun, Mexico.

                   

                  Hope that helps!  Happy planning!



                  #30 Moments That Matter

                  Moments That Matter

                    Diamond Vendor

                  • Insiders
                  • 3,074 posts

                    Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:42 AM

                    Congratulations and welcome to the forums! The Royal Cancun is a fantastic location... I love it!

                    Best of luck with all your planning.

                    Linkn


                    MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

                     

                     

                    Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

                    Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

                     

                    Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

                    Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

                    Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

                     

                    We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                        100% Deposit Guarantee

                                        100% Satisfaction Guarantee





                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users