Photo

Has Anyone Hired a DJ through Lomas for Azul Sensatori or Azul Beach?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 melfaybik

melfaybik
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

Hi!

Has anyone hired a DJ through Lomas for Azul Sensatori or Azul Beach and what did you think of them? I am getting married at Azul Beach on May 28th, 2011 but have yet to book a DJ. I have heard mixed reviews on the DJ's through Lomas and am looking for feedback and suggestions on DJ's you  have used and really liked.

Thank you!!!

Melissa

#2 KerryL613

KerryL613
    • 113 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

I would love to hear...I asked my wedding coordinator at Azul for their name so that I could read reviews. 

#3 FutureLoRe

FutureLoRe
      • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

I am having the same problem. I am getting married 11-1-11.  My wedding coordinator has been a little "absent" lately and I haven't heard back from her in about 2-3 weeks.  I am concerned regarding some of the reviews on here that any decisions made are gonna get lost in translation.  Any word yet on DJ or photo services? 

~Michele 

#4 Maritza919

Maritza919
        • 421 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:55 PM

I checked on that lomas wedding website and it doesn't say who the dj is. I know they use Caribe for photos and they look nice. Are you bringing in your own photographer? That outside fee is crazy $800!

#5 Afaybik

Afaybik
          • 99 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

I would not suggest going with Caribe Photo.  If you have to pick someone from Lomas, then go with Claudia Photo.  They don't really offer that information since they want you to use Caribe.  If you go with Claudia,  you will not have to pay the $800.  We are going with Samuel Luna (very reasonable) and he is splitting the vendor fee with us but our fee was $500.  Karisma has since raised the fee to $800 which is really outrageous.  We also hired DJ Doremixx as our DJ since we could not find out any info on the Lomas DJ.

Other than the $800 outside vendor fee, Azul Beach is AMAZING!!

#6 angi111111

angi111111
            • 108 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

I am getting married on 11-11-11 also, but at El Dorado. My wedding coordinator has been "absent" lately too. I last heard from her about a month ago. I am hoping it is just because we are still kind of far out. 

Originally Posted by FutureLoRe 

I am having the same problem. I am getting married 11-1-11.  My wedding coordinator has been a little "absent" lately and I haven't heard back from her in about 2-3 weeks.  I am concerned regarding some of the reviews on here that any decisions made are gonna get lost in translation.  Any word yet on DJ or photo services? 

~Michele 

#7 melfaybik

melfaybik
              • 187 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

Who is your wedding coordinator?  Ours is Maria and she has been great!!

Originally Posted by angi111111 

I am getting married on 11-11-11 also, but at El Dorado. My wedding coordinator has been "absent" lately too. I last heard from her about a month ago. I am hoping it is just because we are still kind of far out. 

#8 angi111111

angi111111
                • 108 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by melfaybik 

Who is your wedding coordinator?  Ours is Maria and she has been great!!

Our WC is Carolina....hopefully it is because our Wedding is in November. Crossing my fingers anyway  

May will be here before you know it! We have visited Azul Beach ~ very nice! Best wishes for a great day and great weather! 

#9 KerryL613

KerryL613
                  • 113 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

How did you guys get Doremixx?  i was told I couldn't have him or Mannia for my wedding at Azul beach!

#10 Afaybik

Afaybik
                    • 99 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

We had to pay a $500 outside vendor fee to get Doremixx but felt it was worth it since he charges $800 for 5 hours and Karisma used to charge $1,500  for 4 hours but has since lowered their DJ price to $1,300 for 4 hours so we get an extra hour with Doremixx and from the reviews they are a great company!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users