Photo

Bikini Waxing?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 lavender

lavender
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

Has anyone tried bikini waxing and lasering? If so, do you recommend it? Do you use numbing creams in advance? I've gotten my underarms lasered and although I am glad that I got it done now it sure hurt like heck!!!!

#2 royfa

royfa
    • 2,201 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:33 PM

I do bikini waxing and I don't use any cream in advance but it sure hurt a bit but it's not that bad! Don't worry! I go once a month and I'm ok but don't let it go too long, it hurt! Eventually I will go for laser but not quit yet!
      Fannie & Pierre

#3 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

I get Brazillian's all the time. It hurt a lot when I first started, but its so much better now. I take 2 extra strength advil before I go. 1 half hour before and the other 15 mins before. I find it helps a lot.

I have not had laser, I have wanted to try it but because I am really fair and have light soft hair, they say its a lot harder for me and takes longer. So, I have not done it.

#4 coming together

coming together
        • 162 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

I had my underarms done and it hurt SOOOOOOOoooooooo bad. I am going to have to say on the bikini.. OUCH!! I hurt just thinking about it.

#5 soltamargo

soltamargo
          • Vendor
          • 216 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:55 PM

I go with the brazilian as well, when i first got it I told my self, O wow!, I'm 10 again!... haha!.. it's a nice feeling !

I have done both, wax and laser... both hurt soo much..., but i keep thinking this worth it, this is worth it...

Take the advils, AND, I use a numb cream, in spanish the ingredients are: lidocaina & prilocaina, not sure if in english the names stay the same, I think you can get something similar at any pharmacy..

Another thing that have help me it's ICE, bring a cooler with ice on it, and put the ice on the skin for as long as you can take it, this will numb the area ...

Good luck! ...

#6 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:27 PM

Bikini waxing is not that bad. I actually have an appointment tonight! It really is only uncomfortable for a couple seconds. But I am certain that a Brazilian may be quite a bit more uncomfortable.

Start with just a regualr bikini wax and know that you won't have to get another one for several weeks!

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

i did a bikini wax for the first and only time like a week before the wedding. Sure, it was painful, but not too bad at all. And i've been doing electrolysis too - i'm addicted but haven't had a lot of spare time in recent months.

#8 Jessica

Jessica
                • VIP Member
                • 11,939 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

I had two bikini waxes before the wedding. Even with Advil... OUCH! I did like the results, but it's probably not sometihng I'm going to do again any time soon.

I'd like to do laser treatments though. I had no idea it hurt!

#9 BayBug

BayBug
                  • 852 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

I do bikini waxing. I actually have one scheduled for this weekend. At first it was painful, but once you keep doing it the pain is not so bad. What I like is that you are nice and clean for like 3 weeks!
                    Angie

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:48 PM

i've heard lasar is more painful than electrolysis just becuase it's a slow burn rather than the quick zap - but i've never had lasar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users