Jump to content

Photo

Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton - 2011 Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#301 lindsayraz

lindsayraz
  • Newbie
  • 109 posts

    Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

    I believe you have the option to pay for a cocktail and hors d'oevres reception in between the ceremony and dinner. I think they mgiht even set it up on the beach or wherever your ceremony is?? Don't quote me on that though... 



    #302 lindsayraz

    lindsayraz
    • Newbie
    • 109 posts

      Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

      Hey girls, just making sure you noticed that a new review has been posted.

      http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/5562



      #303 lindsayraz

      lindsayraz
      • Newbie
      • 109 posts

        Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

        Found it:
         

        Hors d’Oeuvres Reception at Your Ceremony Site, Or Location of

        your choice ----- 15 USD

        Upgrade your Toast to Love with delicious, beautifully presented nibbles and your choice of signature

        cocktails for your guests’ right after the ceremony.

         

        (I assume that's $15 per person)


         

        Originally Posted by Alysia85 

        Hi BeachBride and Lindsayraz,

         

         

        My ceremony is for 2pm at the gazebo (wanted 4pm but that was already booked!!) .... I see you guys have scheduled drinks for your guests after the ceremony ... was this an extra cost ... or are you referring to the included champagne toast???????? I have the waves of love package ... and im not quite sure what to do with our guests between the 2pm ceremony and 5pm reception ?????? anything? or should we just say after the ceremony (like how weddings are here) OK SEE YA at the 5pm reception for cocktails!!! lol



         



         



         



        #304 lindsayraz

        lindsayraz
        • Newbie
        • 109 posts

          Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

          I was wondering if the Zurielamaka show could be done indoors, since it involves fire lol. I think that is such a great idea to book it during dinner!  

          So you thought it was definitely worth the $750? Did they engage the guests at all? Like could the guests do the limbo? Or was it more just a show to watch?
           

          Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

          I'm definitely FOR a DJ/MC.  I told our WC that I wanted dinner to be served during the Zurielmaka show, scheduled at 7p.  The entertainment was an hour long and dinner was served during the show.  We only booked the DJ for 4 hours, so we danced from 8-10p and then continued the party upstairs at the Infinity Bar.  Having the DJ and MC made our reception feel like a "true" wedding reception back home.  I will say, if you get the DJ then definitely get the MC otherwise, why not just hook up an I-Pod?  The MC made the experience!  Hope this helps! :)
           



           



           



          #305 BeachBridein11

          BeachBridein11
          • Member
          • 610 posts

            Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:27 PM


            My parents were the first to arrive and requested everyone in our group to be in the same villa.  We had about 30 rooms booked, 70% of guests were in the same building, the rest were right next door.  Hopefully it works for you!

            Originally Posted by lindsayraz 

            I just received my music/meal/guest list forms to fill out for Omeshia!!! Exciting! Only 51 more sleeps til we leave!

             

            Everyone in my group prefers to be close to each other (either in the same villas or at least nearby villas). Did you girls find that the resort accomodated that? Or were your guests pretty spread out over the resort?  I know with all inclusives, it's pretty much just "you get what you get".  I just wonder if they will make an effort or if it will just fall on deaf ears like most room requests do in typical all inclusive bookings.



             


            Married in Paradise!!

            June 17th, 2011

            Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa


            #306 BeachBridein11

            BeachBridein11
            • Member
            • 610 posts

              Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

              It's as easy as saying, "I want the Zurielamaka show" lol.  Just let your WC know!  When to have it is completely up to you, but I didn't feel like the show interrupted dinner at all.
               

              Originally Posted by Alysia85 

              Hi BeachBride !!!!

               

              We are definitely wanting the Zurielmaka show for our wedding ... it sounds like an awesome suprise for our guests .... but i have nooo idea how the booking works.

              Is it up to US to schedule the show??? OR do we simply say "I want the Zurielmaka show" and the resort says... okay it will be booked for this time (regardless of dinner, etc) ????

              I like your idea of having it during dinner...never would have thought of that!!!!  But is it too much when guests are trying to eat and converse over dinner????

              Our ceremony is early ... at 2pm... so im wondering if maybe we should have dinner at 6pm (if possible) and then have the show at 7pm.

              that way our guests can relax after dinenr and enjoy a really cool (and unexpected!) show



               



               



               


              Married in Paradise!!

              June 17th, 2011

              Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa


              #307 BeachBridein11

              BeachBridein11
              • Member
              • 610 posts

                Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:34 PM


                A LOT of guest engagement!!  I even participated! :)  Not sure about the ability to have it inside, definitely ask the WC.  But we definitely thought it was worth the money! No regrets!

                Originally Posted by lindsayraz 

                I was wondering if the Zurielamaka show could be done indoors, since it involves fire lol. I think that is such a great idea to book it during dinner!  

                So you thought it was definitely worth the $750? Did they engage the guests at all? Like could the guests do the limbo? Or was it more just a show to watch?
                 



                 



                 


                Married in Paradise!!

                June 17th, 2011

                Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa


                #308 BeachBridein11

                BeachBridein11
                • Member
                • 610 posts

                  Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

                  Champagne toast was included.  We had a 4p ceremony w/reception at 6p, so all our guests went to the Infinity Bar before the reception.  No complaints on time.
                   

                  Originally Posted by Alysia85 

                  Hi BeachBride and Lindsayraz,

                   

                   

                  My ceremony is for 2pm at the gazebo (wanted 4pm but that was already booked!!) .... I see you guys have scheduled drinks for your guests after the ceremony ... was this an extra cost ... or are you referring to the included champagne toast???????? I have the waves of love package ... and im not quite sure what to do with our guests between the 2pm ceremony and 5pm reception ?????? anything? or should we just say after the ceremony (like how weddings are here) OK SEE YA at the 5pm reception for cocktails!!! lol



                   



                   



                   


                  Married in Paradise!!

                  June 17th, 2011

                  Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa


                  #309 Alysia85

                  Alysia85
                  • Newbie
                  • 101 posts

                    Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

                    Thanks so much for the info ...and sorry to keep bugging... BUT lol

                     

                    Which package did you go with??? i'm curious about the place settings .... in the waves of love package on the palladium weddings website... it shows a place setting picture of 3 squared vases with shells and floating candles. Now... is this centerpiece included for ALL tables set up ????? So do you get 5 if you have 5 guest tables???

                     

                    I'm just not sure if i should  bring my own centerpieces to add ... or if those will be enough ??????????

                     

                    Also.. i heard you cant ADD any outside items to the packages .... like you cant add a personalized fan on each chair for the ceremony.. unless u buy it through the resort (at $5 a fan)
                    If this is true (?????)  ... i was going to make "fan style" programs to get around that ... but are we allowed to do this ???????????

                     

                     


                     

                    Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

                    Champagne toast was included.  We had a 4p ceremony w/reception at 6p, so all our guests went to the Infinity Bar before the reception.  No complaints on time.
                     



                     



                     


                    May 10, 2012 Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, Jamaica (46 Guests)


                    #310 lindsayraz

                    lindsayraz
                    • Newbie
                    • 109 posts

                      Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:09 AM


                      I bought fans from Michaels and asked Omeshia (my WC at the GPJ) if she would place themon the chairs for us. She said no problem!

                       

                      I'm curious about the centrepieces too ....   I went with Waves of Love.  No clue what to expect!  My weddig is on March 26th so I'll find out soon enough lol.  But yeah. I'm curious if it's just the head table that gets the centrepieces, and the rest of the tables get nothing???
                       

                      Originally Posted by Alysia85 

                      Thanks so much for the info ...and sorry to keep bugging... BUT lol

                       

                      Which package did you go with??? i'm curious about the place settings .... in the waves of love package on the palladium weddings website... it shows a place setting picture of 3 squared vases with shells and floating candles. Now... is this centerpiece included for ALL tables set up ????? So do you get 5 if you have 5 guest tables???

                       

                      I'm just not sure if i should  bring my own centerpieces to add ... or if those will be enough ??????????

                       

                      Also.. i heard you cant ADD any outside items to the packages .... like you cant add a personalized fan on each chair for the ceremony.. unless u buy it through the resort (at $5 a fan)
                      If this is true (?????)  ... i was going to make "fan style" programs to get around that ... but are we allowed to do this ???????????

                       

                       


                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users