Photo

Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton - 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#191 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
  • 610 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:57 AM

hdinsmor-

When I filled out the music form, I was confused on the Kissing song as well.  We changed the order of the ceremony, so that the Kiss and Recessional was at the same time (same song).  We also decided to sign the documents after the ceremony.  Just a thought!

Your day is so close!!!!!!!!  So excited for you!!!

-Stephanie

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#192 hdinsmor

hdinsmor
    • 178 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:57 AM

I didn't even think of that as an option, Stephanie!  As always, you are SO HELPFUL!!  You solve my problem!  I am going to do it the same way you did it!  Thanks again! 

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

hdinsmor-

When I filled out the music form, I was confused on the Kissing song as well.  We changed the order of the ceremony, so that the Kiss and Recessional was at the same time (same song).  We also decided to sign the documents after the ceremony.  Just a thought!

Your day is so close!!!!!!!!  So excited for you!!!

-Stephanie

Marrying My Aussie Prince on 9-10-11 at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa

#193 Mikie

Mikie
      • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

Stephanie,

I hope your wedding was perfect:)  I can't wait to hear about it!

#194 hdinsmor

hdinsmor
        • 178 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hi Ladies!  I'm back home, and I am officially a married woman!!  Yay!!  To start on a positive note, I want to say that Rashel Edwards (make-up), Fionna (Rashel's assistant who did my hair), and TrueColors photography are absolutely AWESOME!!  They all went above and beyond to make me feel special on my day!  I already have all of my professional pictures back, and I LOVE them!  And my hair and makeup was PERFECT...better than perfect, actually! 

Sadly, I have to report that I was very disappointed in the Grand Palladium.  :(  I will write an in-depth review later when I have a little more time, but to make it short, I paid for day passes for Rashel and Fionna, and the resort wouldn't let them in when they arrived.  I had to wait an hour until Omeshia got to work to get them in, so we were an hour behind on getting ready.  Then the flowers showed up 50 minutes AFTER the ceremony was supposed to start.  So, instead of getting the morning ceremony I wanted, we didn't start until 11.  And no one told my husband or any of the guests what was going on, so they were just standing outside for an hour waiting. 

Not to mention that we were treated like an inconvenience at every corner of our trip.  We had people travel across the world from Australia to come to our wedding, and I felt terrible to have them come so far to be treated so poorly.  It was one thing after another.  You would think that since they are such a big resort and they do so many weddings/ large parties, that they could accomodate groups easily, but this isn't the case at all.  I wasn't even able to get a cart to pick me up for my rehearsal dinner.  I don't think they even cared that it was our wedding.

However, the ceremony was GORGEOUS, and the resort is beautiful.  Our cocktail hour reception was also perfect.  And, they do have many good employees, so I am making generalizations.  We met several people who work there that were GREAT!  Here are a few pics, and I will post a full review and more pics later. 

We are Married! After CeremonyRashel & Fionna did amazing work!

#195 sunset2012

sunset2012
          • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Heather you looked beautiful!!! Congrats to you both.

I'm soooo sorry to hear about the resort. I was hoping that they had themselves together by now since they have been operational for a few years now. I'm glad to hear that makeup, hair and pics went well. I'm going with TrueColors too so I'm def glad you were pleased with them. Can't wait to read your in-depth review and see more pics.

Originally Posted by hdinsmor 

Hi Ladies!  I'm back home, and I am officially a married woman!!  Yay!!  To start on a positive note, I want to say that Rashel Edwards (make-up), Fionna (Rashel's assistant who did my hair), and TrueColors photography are absolutely AWESOME!!  They all went above and beyond to make me feel special on my day!  I already have all of my professional pictures back, and I LOVE them!  And my hair and makeup was PERFECT...better than perfect, actually! 

Sadly, I have to report that I was very disappointed in the Grand Palladium.  :(  I will write an in-depth review later when I have a little more time, but to make it short, I paid for day passes for Rashel and Fionna, and the resort wouldn't let them in when they arrived.  I had to wait an hour until Omeshia got to work to get them in, so we were an hour behind on getting ready.  Then the flowers showed up 50 minutes AFTER the ceremony was supposed to start.  So, instead of getting the morning ceremony I wanted, we didn't start until 11.  And no one told my husband or any of the guests what was going on, so they were just standing outside for an hour waiting. 

Not to mention that we were treated like an inconvenience at every corner of our trip.  We had people travel across the world from Australia to come to our wedding, and I felt terrible to have them come so far to be treated so poorly.  It was one thing after another.  You would think that since they are such a big resort and they do so many weddings/ large parties, that they could accomodate groups easily, but this isn't the case at all.  I wasn't even able to get a cart to pick me up for my rehearsal dinner.  I don't think they even cared that it was our wedding.

However, the ceremony was GORGEOUS, and the resort is beautiful.  Our cocktail hour reception was also perfect.  And, they do have many good employees, so I am making generalizations.  We met several people who work there that were GREAT!  Here are a few pics, and I will post a full review and more pics later. 

We are Married! After CeremonyRashel & Fionna did amazing work!

#196 GP Bride

GP Bride
            • 19 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

You looked beautiful! What photographer did you go with. Aslo how much did the cocktail party cost and what was included? Thanks Holly Getting marriend Jan. 30th, 2012

#197 lindsayraz

lindsayraz
              • 109 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

hdinsmor,

You looked absolutely stunning!!! Your photos are beautiful! I'm so glad to hear that your ceremony was gorgeous and perfect!

Boo to the other stuff though

I had a feeling it might go down like that for most of us GPJ brides. It has been my main overall concern for myself and my guests. I have quite a few elderly people coming so I'm worried they will be waiting forever for shuttles etc. My fiance and I are basically "vouching" for the hotel by having our wedding there, and our guests will expect it to be fabulous. We stayed there in 2010 and had a wonderful time. But now I'm so worried it won't live up to our and our guest's expectations! We just want everyone to have a wonderful experience. hdinsmor, would you say that, overall, you and your guests had a positive or negative experience?

I am normally a very controlling, micro-managing, stressed person! So to avoid any huge disappointment, I am trying to maintain the "no problem mon" attitude and just let things be how they will be. As far as the wedding, I am trying not to have any set expectations or have my mind/heart set on anything in particular. And I just hope that overall, it will be a fantastic experience for my fiance and I, and our guests!

Looking very forward to reading your review and more pics!!!

#198 hdinsmor

hdinsmor
                • 178 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:11 AM

Thank you, Holly!  I used TrueColors Photography, and they were amazing!  They really managed to capture the love story of our day, and they were just the sweetest people to work with!  The best part....I left Jamaica with all of my wedding photos!  Yay!  No waiting!  haha!  The cocktail party was $15 per person per hour, and it was a really nice set up.  They did it at the infinity bar and we had our own private area.  It included 9 hor'derves (sp??), 5 hot and 4 cold, and they were all very good and filling.  It also included our own private, open bar.  The champagne at the resort is quite good, considering.  We brought a bose player for background music so we didn't have to pay the $150 to rent the resort's system for an hour.  We cut our cake at the cocktail hour and the speeches.  It was a really nice time!  I would recommend it to other brides if you are going with GP.  However, I do recommend you read my full review under the resort reviews section if you haven't made your final decision. 

Hope this helps!  Let me know if you have any further questions!  I'm happy to help! 

Originally Posted by GP Bride 

You looked beautiful! What photographer did you go with. Aslo how much did the cocktail party cost and what was included? Thanks Holly Getting marriend Jan. 30th, 2012

#199 hdinsmor

hdinsmor
                  • 178 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Thank you, Lindsay!  I am very pleased with how the photos turned out!  :)

I have written my review...you can find it under the resort reviews section. 

I do not want you to worry or stress.  I am hopeful that you will have a better experience than we did!  Overall, most of my guests reported that they did not enjoy the Grand Palladium and they would not return.  HOWEVER, everyone said that we had a beautiful wedding and loved the cocktail hour. 

Through the whole planning process, as well and when we were in Jamaica, I was very laid back and not stressing over anything (and I am type A, so that isn't easy for me to do).  But, I think I was probably a little too laid back, and didn't put my foot down soon enough.  I was trying to let everything go, keep a positive attitude, and not let anything stress me or worry me.  I wish I would have sat down with someone in Guest Relations after the first bad experience.  Because, when I finally did speak up the night of the wedding, they were quite responsive....even buying me a very expensive bottle of champagne to try and compensate for the trouble they had caused.  But, at this point, it was my wedding day and I was in tears.  No one wants to be in tears (at least not that kind of tears) on their wedding day. 

My best advice.....get in contact with a guest relations manager before you go.  Tell her about hearing of my experience and ask for a point of contact you can reach should troubles arise during your stay.  Don't try and be too "go with the flow" like I was, because it will just keep getting worse. 

I hope this helps, girl!  Please let me know if I can do anything else to help you! 

I have written the Fiesta Hotel Group to let them know of my experience, but I haven't received a reply.  I will keep you posted.  :)

Originally Posted by lindsayraz 

hdinsmor,

You looked absolutely stunning!!! Your photos are beautiful! I'm so glad to hear that your ceremony was gorgeous and perfect!

Boo to the other stuff though

I had a feeling it might go down like that for most of us GPJ brides. It has been my main overall concern for myself and my guests. I have quite a few elderly people coming so I'm worried they will be waiting forever for shuttles etc. My fiance and I are basically "vouching" for the hotel by having our wedding there, and our guests will expect it to be fabulous. We stayed there in 2010 and had a wonderful time. But now I'm so worried it won't live up to our and our guest's expectations! We just want everyone to have a wonderful experience. hdinsmor, would you say that, overall, you and your guests had a positive or negative experience?

I am normally a very controlling, micro-managing, stressed person! So to avoid any huge disappointment, I am trying to maintain the "no problem mon" attitude and just let things be how they will be. As far as the wedding, I am trying not to have any set expectations or have my mind/heart set on anything in particular. And I just hope that overall, it will be a fantastic experience for my fiance and I, and our guests!

Looking very forward to reading your review and more pics!!!

#200 lindsayraz

lindsayraz
                    • 109 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

I'm so sorry that you and your guests were disappointed :( What a total bummer. Very disheartening to me.. but it's good for us future brides to know for sure, so we can hopefully avoid those problems. Will definitely take your advice on getting a guest relations contact for when Omeshia isn't there.

But you're married!!! Congrats again :)  I'm off to read your review!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users