Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BeachBridein11

Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton - 2011 Brides!

Recommended Posts

Turns out I panicked over nothing lol. I have communicated with her 2 or 3 times now and she has only taken about 24-48 hours to reply each time. But I was stressing because we really wanted to get our trip booked! We're going over Spring Break so we were worried about the prices going up and the flight booking up, etc. Anyway, we're officially booked! Trip and Wedding! YAY!

 

Have you heard back by now?


 

Originally Posted by Mikie View Post

Hello,

I seem to be a week ahead of you in my planning:)  We sent a request and heard back in two days.  We decided on G.P. and sent in all of our information last Friday.  Wednesday I heard that our information was received and I would receive another email when it was processed.  I am hoping that we are confirmed soon.  I have been trying to take everyone's advise and not stress, but I am excited and anxious too:)  I hope this helps:)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know our TA is holding 33 rooms for us...up until 2 months before the wedding APRIL 2012 i would think that if you only need 8 rooms that there shouldnt be a problem for them to hold them for you....i would look into this a little more. let us know what happends
 

Originally Posted by Mikie View Post

Question for anyone...... When I give her the go ahead, my travel agent can only hold our rooms for two weeks at the price she quoted.  Our wedding isn't until June 7, 2012.  How did you let people know this far ahead? 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question... Did they say your reception will be on the actual beach? Just double check because they had a "beach BBQ" when I was there, but it was on the sand volleyball court which isn't on the beach. I don't want you to worry, but check!

Hbond,

 

The beach BBQ is $55/ person, but there is no fee for the beach (I believe there is a fee for the other reception sites in addition to the per person fee).  I am not sure why they told you nothing on the beach...that is very odd.  We are also renting the sound system for the beach bbq, so we will actually have our reception on the beach from 6 pm to 10 pm.  However, one thing I have started worrying about that I did not consider when we decided on this.....what if it rains?!?!?!  For this reason, I decided to try and book a different form of reception, but all of the other areas are now booked.  Sooooo, we are stuck with it.  But, I would recommend you consider other options.  Hope this helps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're welcome! So happy I can help! More pics should be coming soon! I get the professional pics in about a week! Yea!!

BeachBridein11,

Thank you for the advice, I will look into it.  We only need eight rooms, so we don't have a contract... but she said that if we get to the magic number of ten, then we do.  If we could hold the rooms for two months, I would be less stressed.

 

Your wedding looked amazing and is one of the reasons we selected G.P. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I didn't even think about that!  Thank you SO MUCH for letting me know about the "Beach BBQ" you witnesses.  I would be really disappointed if I paid so much money for a reception on a volleyball court!  I will write my WC now.  Thanks again!!  As always, you are SOOOOO helpful!! 
 

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 View Post

Quick question... Did they say your reception will be on the actual beach? Just double check because they had a "beach BBQ" when I was there, but it was on the sand volleyball court which isn't on the beach. I don't want you to worry, but check!
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All.

 

I just wanted check to see what you girls are or did for attire for the men.  I have myself and the bridesmaids.  I was thinking groomsmen in beige/khaki pants and white shirts (linen if I can find them) and then my FH in a beige/khaki suit so he's a bit more formal.  Any feedback is appreciated.  And any info on where I should look would be fantastic.

 

Thanks in advance for your help ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Katis,

 

I decided that the khaki pants & white shirts were too common, so I decided to switch it up!  I went with light gray linen shirts & white pants.  I figured that was still very neutral, but different from the norm beach wedding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay ladies, I am in a pickle and I need your help!!  I have not received final confirmation yet, but I am pretty sure that BeachBridein11 was right and my "Beach BBQ" will not be on the beach at all!  In fact, it will be on the sand volleyball court!!  I do not want to pay $55/ person to eat on a volleyball court!  Trouble is that all of the other reception locations at the resort are booked.  :( 

 

So, I am considering looking into a location not on the resort.  Even if it was a nice restaurant where we could have dinner and do toasts, etc.  I need options!!  Any suggestions?  I am less than a month away, and I need to get this figured out ASAP so I can print out the agendas for the weekend, etc. 

 

Thanks, ladies!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your beach reception is on the actual beach!!

 

But to answer your question... the GP is kinda in the middle of nowhere.  The town of Lucea is nearby, but when we drove through it to go to Negril, I didn't really see anything.  Downtown Montego Bay is about 20 minutes away, so I'm thinking that might be your best bet.  I just hope it doesn't come down to that!

 

Though to try to calm you down... the beach BBQ setup was nice though!  They took down the nets and had a lovely setup with white linen.  Not sure of all the decorating they would do for a wedding reception though.  The court is situated next to the pool and overlooks the beach (it is right next to the beach, but the beach is "below"... you have to go down stairs to get to it).

 

What time is your wedding ceremony?  How many guests?

 

Originally Posted by hdinsmor View Post

Okay ladies, I am in a pickle and I need your help!!  I have not received final confirmation yet, but I am pretty sure that BeachBridein11 was right and my "Beach BBQ" will not be on the beach at all!  In fact, it will be on the sand volleyball court!!  I do not want to pay $55/ person to eat on a volleyball court!  Trouble is that all of the other reception locations at the resort are booked.  :( 

 

So, I am considering looking into a location not on the resort.  Even if it was a nice restaurant where we could have dinner and do toasts, etc.  I need options!!  Any suggestions?  I am less than a month away, and I need to get this figured out ASAP so I can print out the agendas for the weekend, etc. 

 

Thanks, ladies!! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did exactly what you are thinking of doing.  Groomsmen and fathers wore linen (khaki) pants w/white button up shirts (fathers had short sleeves, GMs long sleeves).  My husband had a linen (khaki) suit.  All from JCPenny. 

 

Shoes.... GMs and Husband = Reef sandals, Fathers = huaraches
 

Originally Posted by Katis46 View Post

Hello All.

 

I just wanted check to see what you girls are or did for attire for the men.  I have myself and the bridesmaids.  I was thinking groomsmen in beige/khaki pants and white shirts (linen if I can find them) and then my FH in a beige/khaki suit so he's a bit more formal.  Any feedback is appreciated.  And any info on where I should look would be fantastic.

 

Thanks in advance for your help ladies!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Searching for discount wool wedding dresses? Browse David's Bridal wedding dresses for sale, including discount plus size & designer wedding dresses online now!
    • Online shopping for Magic Kits & Accessories from a great selection at Toys & Games Store
    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
  • Topics

×