Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton - 2011 Brides!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by vcooper View Post

Hi Ladies,

I get married May 5th,2011! Cant Wait! Getting nervouse now but Simone my wedding planner at GPJ has been fantastic!!

Vanessa

Congrats!  It's getting close!  Can't wait for your review...hope everything goes fabulous for you!  

Hi there

I am  getting married at the Lady Hamilton on 19 May and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the food for the wedding party? I have been sent some menus and have to choose an appetizer, soup, entree 1, entree 2 and dessert for all of my guests in advance which I am struggling with as I have not eaten in any of the restaurant and can't really see any reviews which mention the wedding food specifically - does anyone have any advise? How did you decide what to go for?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best wishes

P

Hello Ladies

I am getting married at The Lady Hamilton, Jamaica on 19 May and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the wedding party dinner? I have received menus for Bhogali, Bubbas, El Mariachi, Lotus, Reggaetoni & Xaymaica options but I have to choose for everyone in advance (an appetizer, soup, entre 1, entree 2 and a dessert) which I find quite daunting having never eaten at any of the restaurants. Did you all have to do that? How did you choose? Any recommendations?

Best wishes

Phinel

Every bride has to go through this and unless you've been to the resort prior, unfortunatly you don't know.  I chose the Xaymaica menu... figured we're in Jamaica, so we should have Jamaica food!  Good luck choosing!!!

BTW, we had the menu chosen before we sent the invites.  The guest will at least be able to choose their entree.

Originally Posted by Phinel View Post

Hello Ladies

I am getting married at The Lady Hamilton, Jamaica on 19 May and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the wedding party dinner? I have received menus for Bhogali, Bubbas, El Mariachi, Lotus, Reggaetoni & Xaymaica options but I have to choose for everyone in advance (an appetizer, soup, entre 1, entree 2 and a dessert) which I find quite daunting having never eaten at any of the restaurants. Did you all have to do that? How did you choose? Any recommendations?

Best wishes

Phinel

• 2 weeks later...

We also went with the Xamaica menu.  Unfortunately, our invitations went out long before the menus were sent to us. We just had to contact everyone coming down to ask, but it actually wasn't such a huge undertaking. 

Originally Posted by Phinel View Post

Hello Ladies

Best wishes

Phinel

Hi Ladies, 

And congrats to you all. We are married March 1st at the Riu Ocho Rios and then honeymooned at the Grand Palladium.  It was an amazing two weeks at both resorts!

In my opinion the best resturant we ate at was the Italian (Reggaetoni).  Both my husband and I thought the same. We tried all but the Bhogali I believe....

Good luck with all your planning!

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting married at The Grand Palladium Jamaica on September 10, 2011!  I am working with Simone, and she has been WONDERFUL!  She gets back to my emails on the same day usually, and she always seems happy to help and reply!  What package did you ladies pick for the ceremony?  We are actually doing the 10 am wedding time......anyone else?  Any good/ unique ideas for welcome baskets for our guests?