• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NurseM

NurseM
  • Site Supporter
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hey everyone,

So everything is confirmed I am getting married at Dreams Cancun May 24th 2011, just got engaged Christmas eve, really quick planning.....ahhh sooo excited but so overwhelmed. Thank god for finding this website!!!

Dress bought

Bridesmaids dresses bought

Invitations ordered

Room block and travel agent found and done!

Looking forward to the rest of the planning.

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

Congrats!! And happy planning!

#3 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
    • 610 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

OMG I can't believe you already have so much done after getting engage on Christmas Eve!!!  Congrats!!!!!!!!!  I've been engaged since July and still haven't settled on bridesmaid gowns! LOL

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#4 NurseM

NurseM
      • Site Supporter
      • 187 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

Ha Ha thanks! I didn't think it would be this easy but it is. Now I really don't have all that much to do, I just thought I should get all that initial stuff done because it is only 5 months away

#5 jas101080

jas101080
        • 43 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

Wow..you are good! I just started really planning all the small details. My wedding is May 7, not too far from yours I did do a site visit in August and went over almost everything with Cecilia. Since then i haven't really done much and I am starting to get worried about getting my invites out and get the rest of the small details settled. Congrats on the engagement and happy planning!!!

#6 NurseM

NurseM
          • Site Supporter
          • 187 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

THANKS!!!

I know its a bit stressful at the beginning. I am getting nervous since we won't be doing a site visit so if you can put my mind at ease and tell me its as nice as it seems on the website i will be happy! I have read the bad reviews on trip advisor and they really scared me.

Invites should be here next week then we can send them out, i am not too worried we have also made a website and told lots of people about it already. I feel like invites will only be a formality.

What looks like the best site to have your reception?

#7 jas101080

jas101080
            • 43 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

Don't worry it will beautiful no matter what! Remember you're on vacation celebrating your wedding. The hotel is beautiful..the only thing that I wasn't crazy about was the main entrance. I was expecting this elaborate entrance like I have seen in other hotels I have stayed in. Don't get me wrong though, it's still nice.  Other then that it's beautiful, huge,clean, food is good and the staff is very friendly. The location is great..it's minutes away from all the fun of Cancun.  I met Cecilia and she is supppppeeerrr nice. I know things will work out in the end so i am trying not to stress all the small stuff that might go wrong. I read reviews all the time and drive myself crazy too but I am telling you it's beautiful and your guests will enjoy every minute. So exciting your big day is almost here!!!

#8 Michele4172011

Michele4172011
              • 194 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

Congratulations! Wow, you are a mover and shaker... you'll have no problem getting everything accomplished before May! We went to Dreams Cancun last June and loved it. Beautiful scenery!

You will get great ideas and advice from the ladies on this site. Happy reading!

#9 ronsoliman

ronsoliman
                • 233 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

Congrats! That's the week I will be in Cancun shooting another wedding, but theirs is few days before. Did you find a photog?

#10 NurseM

NurseM
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

i was going to use the one in our package, but could you send me info on you too that would be great!!! just PM me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users