Photo

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 egordon

egordon
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

Hello,

I am a new member and im planning to have my wedding in Jamaica in the next two years. Any suggestions?

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Welcome!! You will find tons of useful information here.  What we did is first decided on a location, and then listed all the resorts and went through them all and narrowed it down to about six.  We then took that list to our travel agent and she told us approximate prices and some more about resorts.  Based on that we decided on a resort, emailed the wedding planning and booked a date!  Hope that helps!  Congrats and happy planning!

#3 mmcst38

mmcst38
    • 237 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

We chose our resort, the Riu Ochos Rios, because we stayed at the Riu Palace in Aruba last year and we loved it and felt it was in an appropriate price popint to ask guest to pay for since we gave them about 6 month notice. This site has a lot of info, look at the pics of other brides, read reviews but mostly figure out what you are comfortable asking your guest to do. good luck!

May 13, 2011
      Riu Resort
      Ochos Rios Jamaica

#4 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
      • 610 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Welcome!! You will find tons of useful information here.  What we did is first decided on a location, and then listed all the resorts and went through them all and narrowed it down to about six.  We then took that list to our travel agent and she told us approximate prices and some more about resorts.  Based on that we decided on a resort, emailed the wedding planning and booked a date!  Hope that helps!  Congrats and happy planning!

Great idea JayKay!!!

Congrats egordon!!!!  Jamaica Bride here!!!  We're getting married at the Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa!  Just outside of Montego Bay!! Can't Wait!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#5 NurseM

NurseM
        • Site Supporter
        • 187 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:45 AM

Me and my fiancee took a trip to Ochos Rio Sandals in Jamaica and saw a few weddings going on while we were there, I loved that resort and the whole sandals feel. We were thinking about going back to there to get married but decided on mexico instead. Good Luck with the planning

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

#6 lisa_mhb

lisa_mhb
          • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

Welcome...another Jamaica bride here.  We chose RIU Ocho Rios. I had previously attended a wedding at RIU Negril and also stayed at RIU in Cancun.  As others have said, you'll find LOTS of info on this site.  Good luck!!

#7 Michele4172011

Michele4172011
            • 194 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Congratulations! Jamaica is gorgeous. I would recommend Montego Bay, its right by the airport so your guests don't have to travel far once they land. This site is a life saver in the planning process. Happy reading!

#8 sweetness

sweetness
              • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

Welcome ! Happy Planning !

#9 Marlena

Marlena
                • 254 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

Welcome!

I've just starting planning our wedding in Jamaica. We chose Montego Bay because it's close to the airport, and a few of the tourist spots we would like to go to!

#10 summafool1

summafool1
                  • 223 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

congrats! montego bay is awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users