Photo

Our wedding pics by Del Sol Photography @ The Royal Cancun :)

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#11 BethHeppert

BethHeppert
  • Site Supporter
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

The ceremony was on the Gran Caribe's gazebo and the reception was on the Villas Terrace (which is also technically the Gran Caribe side) but we stayed at The Royal. We did not choose one of the packages, we did the free wedding and added everything a la carte. We used their DJ and their videographer (both of which we liked) but obviously choose our own photography (which we are also very happy that we did). You can feel free to send me a message with any other questions you have! :)

#12 JDAD11

JDAD11
    • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

Your pictures are beautiful.  I am getting married there in April and seeing your pictures just made me even more excited!

#13 scottandmel

scottandmel
      • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the reply!

The villas look like a great option! was that something that you choose when you got there with the wedding planner or was it all agreed in advance? Also did anyone in your party stay in the Grand Caribe Villas for you to be able to hold your reception at them? xxx

#14 BethHeppert

BethHeppert
        • Site Supporter
        • 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

No, all of my guests stayed at The Royal. We choose that before we went (you will need to reserve it before as well as it is a popular place). lt is beautiful, it overlooks the beach/ocean!

#15 scottandmel

scottandmel
          • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

It does look lovely in the pictures and is exactly what we are looking for as it seems alot more private than some of the other options in the packages. It seems very hard to track down that these options are even available as an option - the website doesnt seem to have much information.

sorry for the million questions! do you know if the gazebo and having the reception at the villas allow for kids to attend as we know that the royal is an adult only resort?

when did you find out all your options of where you could have the actual wedding and reception? was it after you had agreeded to book the Royal?

Thanks again for your help xx

#16 BethHeppert

BethHeppert
            • Site Supporter
            • 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

We did not have any kids but yes you could have kids.  We had visited the resort several times before and were familiar with the gazebo. We were shown the villas terrace and loved it. The coordinators did not do a very good job at all of describing the exact locations and we nearly missed out on this (they tried to put us somewhere else).  I think these are the best locations they have! Good luck with your wedding planning and feel free to ask any other questions you have. I am happy to help! :)

#17 farlem311

farlem311
              • 219 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

Lovely pictures.  You look stunning.

#18 nadennec

nadennec
                • 215 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

Just gorgeous!!!! our wedding looked amazing!

:)

Nadenne C

#19 speedy130

speedy130
                  • 102 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

Stunning photos!

#20 Kristibear

Kristibear
                    • 63 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

You pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!  I am getting married at the Moon Palace and they have the option of the gazebo overlooking the water as well.  I am truelly torn between getting married on the beach or in the gazebo.  What made you choose the gazebo over the beach?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users