My OOT Bags (Oh Sh!t Kits, Koozies, Key Card Holders, Cameras w/ Scavenger Hunt & More) PICS!

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 BethHeppert

• Site Supporter
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

I purchased the bags from discountmugs.com for $8.54 each (for 25 of them). They double as a beach bag and cooler bag (how cool!). I designed the front of the bag using Word. I wanted to make it wedding-ish, of course but did not want to include our names because I wanted to have the option of selling extras (on one of the many destination wedding blog websites I have stalked for the past 8 months).

Of course, I blinged it out a bit by gluing rhinestones on the front and added cute labels that read "To Have & To Hold...& To Keep Your Drinks Cold." (chuckle chuckle). Clearly I had way too much fun with these bags. The other goodies included:

Welcome Book/Meet the Guests

My invitation RSVP cards were mad-lib style so I included a copy of everyone's RSVP with their photo and how they know the bride and groom. This was a last minute add that I really loved (and hopefully it helped everyone with names/faces)!

Room Key Card Holder

I attached these to the inside of the bag by gluing a safety pin together (so no one got pinched if it came un-done) and clipping it on with the handy-dandy heart shaped retractor clip. :) These were made out of badge holders I purchased from securityimaging.com for 60 cents each (the badge retractor reels were 65 cents each). Of course I added some personal touches like the cute "vowels" (see pic) in the shape of a heart.

Our guests really did seem to love these and used them (which of course made me the happiest bride everrr)!

Of course, I had koozies, I mean what is a destination wedding without them? I purchased these from kustomkoozies.com and made them custom with my heart design that I put on the bags. I also added a rhinestone to the heart (I couldn't resist) for a touch of bling. :)

Oh Sh!t Kits

For these I bought little first aid kits that were only $1.00 each and removed the label and added my own (which I designed on Word and printed on to name badges/tags). As you can see, I included bandaids & cleaning wipes, Pepto-Bismol, Excedrin & Gatorade packs.

"In Sickness & In Health" 

For cuts or for hangovers or when Montezuma attacks, 

Find what you need here and know that we've got your back!

Scavenger Hunt Disposable Cameras

I made several different check-lists & the top read:

"Use your camera & scavenge around, 

Hunt for the pictures that need to be found. 

Shoot away & complete the list, 

Find the moments that we may have missed!"

To make these, I purchased bulk disposable cameras online from . I then took an outline of the paper cover and scanned it into Word. I did my designs and words inside of the layout and then deleted the outline. I created a second Word document and flipped the outline so I could print the outline and the wording on each side of the paper and cut around the lines without it showing on the final product. I used an exacto knife to cut the holes. I then folded and attached them to the cameras using tape and glue. Cutting neatly is not exactly my specialty, but they were still cute!

Not pictured, I also included underwater cameras in both of our parent's bags. These were passed around the pool and should make for good pictures (I haven't developed them yet!)

#2 june11bride

• 304 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

Everything looks great!!

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#3 QueenDiva

• 521 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

You really have some great ideas! I looked at those very same bags on another site (but they were in orange). Your guests are going to feel so spoiled!

#4 TLGnhci

• 899 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

Wow, your stuff is awesome.  What do your bags say in the heart shape?  That is adorable.  Do you have templates for any of your stuff that you could share? 

#5 BethHeppert

• Site Supporter
          • 45 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

Smile.                   Beach.

Celebrate.             Happiness.

Sunshine. Mr.        Mrs. Romance.

Our. Priceless. Memories. Cancun.

Friends. Family. Joy. Marriage.

Wedding. Laughter. Bliss.

Embrace. Dance.

Eat. Drink.

#6 BethHeppert

• Site Supporter
            • 45 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

You can use that to copy & paste. Let me know if you want anything else! :)

#7 R&DVolz2011

• 35 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

I'm really impressed, you have such great ideas!  And such neat ideas with the cooler bags and the scavenger hunt cameras - I just love it!

#8 missook

• 163 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:57 AM

I LOVE IT!!  I may use your heart, it's perfect on the OOT bags.

#9 FahKit

• 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

I love the idea of the kits and heart is fabulous!

#10 krsmith

• 528 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

Wow! The bags are so awesome! I love BLING too...I will have a hard time not blinging everything I touch! Cameras are awesome too! WOW! That looked like a lot of work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users