Photo

Honoring those that have passed away

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 myyooths

myyooths
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

There are 5 people that have passed away that we will like to honor at our wedding.  This includes my FI mother.  Its so sad.  Thanks for all these ideas ladies!

#42 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
    • 187 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

my FI mother passed in April of this year and I never thought that we would be planning this wedding without her. This thread has given me great ideas and some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one going through this

#43 Xarocas

Xarocas
      • 157 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

I think the candles are a good idea. It's hard to do something like that without creating a bad feel around your guests, specially the ones that knew the person too. I am thinking of doing something similar with candles for a few people that won't be able to be present on our special day: grandparents and a close friend that we lost this year... Good luck

#44 bridemoonpalace

bridemoonpalace
        • 151 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

Just great ideas. As I wipe my tears away! WE Have grandparents and my favorite cousin to honor and I want sure how to do it. Thanks for the posts!

#45 Bride2B26

Bride2B26
          • 157 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Oceanside
          • LocationBarcelo, Mexico

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Wow what a good idea of reserving a chair with flowers and a note on it!! I think I will definitely use that!!  We know the memorial slides will be sad and we don't want our slide show to be a downer, so we're having a lot of upbeat and fun songs in the other categories.

baby pics-

growing up pics

dad's memorial (pics of him and me)

pics of family

friends

dating pics of us

our precious pet

engagment

#46 Bride2B26

Bride2B26
          • 157 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Oceanside
          • LocationBarcelo, Mexico

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

I just opened a template from a brides welcome booklet for her OOT Bag and she had a tribute to her father with her fathers picture and the poem below, I thought i'd pass it along.  If anyone wants the booklet I'm more than happy to email it as I don't know how to post attachments on here.

Dear Lord, please clear a spot for him:
          he should have the perfect view.
          His little girl's a Bride today,
          and I am counting on you.
          Let me feel his presence;
          as I journey down the aisle.
          But let me notice his absence;
          if only for a while.
          Let me stop to think of him;
          As I am given away.
          And know that if he could;
          he would be here with me today.
          Dear Lord, please clear a spot for him;
          he should have the perfect view.
          And if he should get sad today;
          Dear Lord I count on you.

#47 sky186

sky186
          • 155 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

I just opened a template from a brides welcome booklet for her OOT Bag and she had a tribute to her father with her fathers picture and the poem below, I thought i'd pass it along.  If anyone wants the booklet I'm more than happy to email it as I don't know how to post attachments on here.

Dear Lord, please clear a spot for him: he should have the perfect view. His little girl's a Bride today, and I am counting on you. Let me feel his presence; as I journey down the aisle. But let me notice his absence; if only for a while. Let me stop to think of him; As I am given away. And know that if he could; he would be here with me today. Dear Lord, please clear a spot for him; he should have the perfect view. And if he should get sad today; Dear Lord I count on you.

How lovely

#48 kay2015

kay2015
            • 222 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
            • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Very sweet

#49 sharmer

sharmer
            • 165 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 3, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana
            • LocationKitchener, Ont, Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

can't decide if we want to do a table in memory, something on the programs, or something in the welcome passports. 

There's unfortunately a  lot of people we are missing including my own mother and all grandparents on my side and 1 on my fiances so we want to make sure we honour them well. I'm thinking the table is a for sure and then either the programs or the welcome passports. 

Thoughts? 

#50 Loreal30

Loreal30
            • 234 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

I am doing some things similar to you Irishgirl. My Father recently passed away on August 20, 2013...his trip to Jamaica was all paid in full. He will be there...just in a different way. I am honoring him in the following ways: - a chair beside my mom with a white chair tie - when I walk down the aisle, I will walk to his chair and place a flower on it - My Dad wrote a speech for my wedding that will be read during dinner (I haven't read it yet, but from what I hear there are a lot of funny memories in it) - a donation on behalf of each guest to Pancreatic Cancer Canada, because that's what Dad had. I miss him dearly and it absolutely breaks my heart that he won't be there to walk me down the aisle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users