~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#12 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
    • Banned
    • 206 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

My FI HATES fake flowers ....otherwise I would have ordered silk flowers a long time ago.

For a while, I thought fake flowers would be cheesy looking.  I just kept picturing the plastic ones that you can get at Walmart or something.  But you can get real touch ones that look so real, you honestly can't tell the difference.  It's all about finding a reputable vendor.  Some places even offer samples so you can get an idea of what they truly look like.

I personally could't justify spending a ton of money on real flowers that I won't even be able to take home with me. 

~~ Lea ~~
      January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
      (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#13 LaurenMarie

LaurenMarie
      • 86 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Hi Ladies!

I am doing the BB package, but don't want the standard bouquet.  My TA gave me quotes on upgrading my bouquet- between $250-350, and that's just for my bridal bouquet!  So, I decided to go with a real-touch bouquet, and have found a reputable vendor (wedideas.com).  They are going to replicate the exact bouquet I want (dark and light pink roses) for about $100-115...

I absolutely love real flowers, but I just cannot imagine paying an extra couple hundred bucks, just for my bouquet.

#14 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Yeah,...this is just one the things I know he isn't going to budge with so,  I will have to deal.

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
          ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#15 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
          • 191 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

All right, for the ladies interested in the real flower prices, here's what I have.  I am referring to the PDF, and these are the prices my TA gave me.  Sorry I don't have more, but these were the only ones I asked about:

Beautiful Beginnings

MS2/white dendrobium orchids (10 stems) $150

MS34/raffia bouquet wrap $10

Chic and Natural

MS6/white roses $165 (second fav)

MS8/calla lillies...can't remember exact price, but it was close to $500 ( I know, right?)

Island Paradise

MS42/magenta dendrobium round bouquet $400

MS12/peach roses and calla lillies $395 (leaning towards this if I don't cheap out and go for the roses)

Included theme bouquet can be purchased a la carte for $425

Hope that helps!  Let me know if anyone finds out if you can do variations from what is in the PDF...I'm thinking callas with the white roses would be pretty.  Happy planning!

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#16 JuanitaD

JuanitaD
            • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for posting the prices wilsonj, very helpful! 

#17 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
              • 191 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

You're welcome!  I just wish I had them all.

JB or anyone else, did you find out if they can customize bouquets...like mixing the callas with the white roses?  I'm still trying to decide...

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#18 futuremrswalls

futuremrswalls
                • 77 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

Have any of you considered fake flowers?  There is a wonderful company www.wedideas.com that does some amazing flowers for much less than what the resort charges.  You can also bring them back home with you, unlike the real bouquet.  They look real and everyone that saw them couldn't believe they were fake.  Many Sandals brides have used them.

#19 LaurenMarie

LaurenMarie
                  • 86 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:20 AM

That is the vendor I am going to use for my real-touch flowers.  The lady has been great to work with so far and is very responsive.  She is going to re-create the bouquet in the Flutter of Romance package for about $100 - $115.  The cost at the resort would have been over $250 (I am going w/ the BB package and the bouquet in Flutter of Romance would have been an upgrade).

Originally Posted by futuremrswalls 

Have any of you considered fake flowers?  There is a wonderful company www.wedideas.com that does some amazing flowers for much less than what the resort charges.  You can also bring them back home with you, unlike the real bouquet.  They look real and everyone that saw them couldn't believe they were fake.  Many Sandals brides have used them.

#20 futuremrswalls

futuremrswalls
                    • 77 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:05 AM

You will love them!  Mine were so gorgeous.  Of course I forgot to take a close up picture of them or I'd post it.  The rest of our professional photos will be here within a week.  The real touch flowers really are amazing.  In fact, I had a bee that stayed on the one orchid for the entire ceremoy and mos of the pictures.  He had to have been one confused little bee. 

Originally Posted by LaurenMarie 

That is the vendor I am going to use for my real-touch flowers.  The lady has been great to work with so far and is very responsive.  She is going to re-create the bouquet in the Flutter of Romance package for about $100 - $115.  The cost at the resort would have been over $250 (I am going w/ the BB package and the bouquet in Flutter of Romance would have been an upgrade).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by futuremrswalls 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users