Newbie - Summer 2012 Wedding

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MellyD

• 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:09 AM

My fianc© and I got engaged yeserday!!  (That still sounds weird, but amazing!!)

We're planning a destination wedding; it's something we've been talking about for a while.  That being said, he would like a "different location", something untypical (is that a word?).  So we have been thinking Aruba, Bahamas, Costa Rica or something like that?  We would like an AI with activities for our guests but the destinations mentioned above seem to not offer as much as your typical locations.... 

I'm super curious, how did you choose your location?

#2 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Congrats on your engagment!! Thats super exciting.  We went through many locations before finally deciding on Jamaica.  Firstly we wanted to go to Belize as I hear its beautiful, however, it was a little bit more costly and as there aren't as many weddings there it seemed like it would be a bit more work to plan a wedding while still finishing up University.  We then thought Mexico but I couldn't find a resort I liked.  We finally found a resort in Jamaica that we love and know people who have been married there fore and they said it was perfect.  I think for us picking our location was definetly the hardest part!  You will find tons of useful information on here for pretty much anywhere! Happy Planning:)

#3 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

Congrats!!!! You will find a lot of useful information here to help with making your decision.  We choose Jamaica because that is where my family is from....I know that doesn't help you too much. 

Happy Planning!!!!

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#4 schmizer

• 213 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

Maui is in between Taiwan (where fiance's family lives) and Wisconsin.  Plus it is the most beautiful place I have ever been to and is loaded with fun activities and great restaurants!

Also, none of my guests have ever been, so it's an adventure for all!

#5 BeachBridein11

• 610 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:24 AM

We chose Jamaica because after only dating a month and a half we decided to vacation in Jamaica together. Five years later... we're getting married there!!  :)

Congratulations on your wedding!  You will find a perfect place!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#6 kimbos

• 150 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

Congrats and happy planning!

#7 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:20 PM

Costa Rica is far from "regular". It offers ocean style weddings or something around the live volcano and rainforest.

See this link for an example:

#8 nairay

• 156 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!  You'll find tons of great information here! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users