Photo

Midwest Brides Unite!

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#191 mishi071411

mishi071411
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

Have any of you brides ordered pashminas? I emailed pioneergroup and received an almost immediate response (yae). However, he sent me the price list, and it doesn't make any sense to me!

hmmm...

On another note, my wedding planning bug is back! I'm excited to say I'm bridesmaid dress shopping again tomorrow, hopefully locking in a AHR location within 2 weeks, and should have my raffia fans on my doorstep tomorrow! Also, spent hours yesterday designing AHR invites... and I'm soooo excited!

oh... and someone had asked me earlier... I'll have 2 girls standing up and my FI will have 2 guys.

#192 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
    • 610 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

Here's my update... My dress is in!!!!  It came in last Wednesday and my mom and I went to pick it up Thursday.  I was SO NERVOUS picking it up 'cause when I ordered the dress, each area that they measured (bust, waist, hips) fell into a different size group. LOL  That was early December, before holiday eating! I'm so not good at dieting!!!  Anyway, I really didn't expect it to fit, but lo and behold it did!!!  I'm so excited!!!!  I was admiring it for so long before I realize what the back looked like!  It was awesome!! LOL I never really got a chance to see the back before since the sample sizes were so large and I was all clamped up!  Yea!!!  I have a month and a half to be in beach body shape; that's when alterations will start.

On a downer note... I ordered my fiance's suit from studiosuits.com and we received them on Friday.  We ordered him a size larger and it's too tight around the thighs.  :(  We're going to take it to a tailor this week and see if they can let it out, otherwise I'm SOL on all that money!!  Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#193 Lizk23

Lizk23
      • 222 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:35 AM

That's so exciting you got your dress!!! And a bummer about the suit, hopefully it can be altered enough!

I'm going to make an appointment today to try on dresses, I need to get the ball rolling on that since I have no idea how long it will take me to find the one. Actually...I found the one I think but you never know it might not look good on me! I'm on my 3rd week of P90X and it's kicking my butt so it better whip me into shape quick! My BD shoot is in a little over 2 months...yikes.

Good luck with the suit!

#194 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
        • 610 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:54 AM

My BD shoot falls along the same time as alterations.  So 1.5 months for me! Aaaah!

Originally Posted by Lizk23 

My BD shoot is in a little over 2 months...yikes.

Good luck with the suit!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#195 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:26 AM

Where did you get your raffia fans from and how much did they cost you?

Originally Posted by mishi071411 

Have any of you brides ordered pashminas? I emailed pioneergroup and received an almost immediate response (yae). However, he sent me the price list, and it doesn't make any sense to me!

hmmm...

On another note, my wedding planning bug is back! I'm excited to say I'm bridesmaid dress shopping again tomorrow, hopefully locking in a AHR location within 2 weeks, and should have my raffia fans on my doorstep tomorrow! Also, spent hours yesterday designing AHR invites... and I'm soooo excited!

oh... and someone had asked me earlier... I'll have 2 girls standing up and my FI will have 2 guys.

#196 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
          • 381 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

I ordered pashminas from pioneer group and they were $27/dozen plus shipping. They are thin, but I am very happy with the quality of them and I think they will be perfect for all the ladies on the trip. Plus, the service could not be beat, Daniel was wonderful to work with.

Originally Posted by mishi071411 

hmmm...

#197 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
            • 212 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:20 AM

Hello ladies! :)   This does and does not have to do with wedding planning...more so just venting.

My best friend of 14 years and I have had a rocky relationship lately...it seems every couple of years we go through something. So when planning the wedding, she told me she couldn't "justify" spending the money to go.  She has children and said she couldn't "justify" spending the money. I was hurt, but ok fine I got over it. So since September I've been texting and emailing her to hook up to do stuff.  She always avoids me. Finally today I sent her a email saying whats up, spill it, why are you avoiding me?! Not to get deep into it, she said she doesn't approve of the marriage, doesn't like my fiance, I deserve better, and from past experience I drop my friends when i get a man and then Im back around when the relationship falls apart. So, yeah, she said we grew apart and  pretty much broke up with me. I'm a little hurt...but I think I'm ok. Everything comes to an end i guess.... After I get married I'll be moving from WI and maybe its just best this way. I was just a little shocked I guess.

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#198 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
              • 610 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

OMG!!! I'm so sorry to hear this!  Hopefully she will come around and realize what she's losing!  Do you think she's jealous at all?  If you don't mind me asking... how old are you two?

Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 

Hello ladies! :)   This does and does not have to do with wedding planning...more so just venting.

My best friend of 14 years and I have had a rocky relationship lately...it seems every couple of years we go through something. So when planning the wedding, she told me she couldn't "justify" spending the money to go.  She has children and said she couldn't "justify" spending the money. I was hurt, but ok fine I got over it. So since September I've been texting and emailing her to hook up to do stuff.  She always avoids me. Finally today I sent her a email saying whats up, spill it, why are you avoiding me?! Not to get deep into it, she said she doesn't approve of the marriage, doesn't like my fiance, I deserve better, and from past experience I drop my friends when i get a man and then Im back around when the relationship falls apart. So, yeah, she said we grew apart and  pretty much broke up with me. I'm a little hurt...but I think I'm ok. Everything comes to an end i guess.... After I get married I'll be moving from WI and maybe its just best this way. I was just a little shocked I guess.

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#199 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
                • 212 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

I don't know if its jealousy? Of course FI thinks it is... they have some history of 'issues' in the past. We're old ladies   I'm  36 and she's 33 or 34 (I forget). I'm still just a little shocked. I dunno. Weird.

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#200 merrylee

merrylee
                  • 687 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

I am so sorry to hear this too :(  I think you truly learn who your friends are when planning any kind of wedding but especially a DW.  Well now you have all of us fabulous new friends she doesn't know what she's missing.

Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users