• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#161 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by merrylee 

Welcome Yuri!  

And Beach and See, I'm in the same boat too.  I just want 1 person to put their deposit  down.  Just one, is that asking too much?  Granted our wedding is still 14 months away, I NEED one person besides FI and myself to book so that I feel that all this work I've been doing is worth it.  Otherwise I've wasted time and money caring about the people who *might* be going. :(  Sorry for my freak out it's just everyone was so gung ho about the wedding and now it's like where are all my peeps at?

I know it's so easy to worry, but don't! I worried myself too, and wouldn't you know I still have a couple of people booking now?! Everyone was supposed to be booked by December! I have 55 days until my wedding, and finally have 25 rooms booked & paid for & 60 people going including FI and I. So, I'm sure it will all work out. I just don't know why people choose to book so close to the wedding?!

#162 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
    • 212 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by QueenDiva 

I know it's so easy to worry, but don't! I worried myself too, and wouldn't you know I still have a couple of people booking now?! Everyone was supposed to be booked by December! I have 55 days until my wedding, and finally have 25 rooms booked & paid for & 60 people going including FI and I. So, I'm sure it will all work out. I just don't know why people choose to book so close to the wedding?!

I just don't get it. I NEED to know who is going asap because I cannot fully plan my dinner reception without that info! It makes me want to stab someone!! LOL!

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#163 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
      • 521 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

SeeFlowers I feel your pain!

#164 merrylee

merrylee
        • 687 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

So.....do I just let it go or do I nag nag nag?

I don't want my wedding to feel like someone is buying a used car, but I also just want to feel like I'm having a wedding.  Tom and I had to put the deposit down on the room block which is also a stresser but not so bad because we know we have to pay that money anyway for our own room.

Once my TA emails and says guess what?  First deposit received I have a feeling it will start to feel real again.  Just right now, it feels like it is happening around me and not necessarily to me.  I feel like my dad is going to yell at me the next time I call him to say Hey what's up.

#165 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
          • 212 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Ok.... another thing to vent about. I had a dress fitting yesterday and tried it on again today. I hate my dress on my body! I just got done balling on the fone to FI. I'm PMSing too so that doesn't help anything (TMI). I'm such a procrastinating bride....this is what i get for waiting so long. I'm hoping and praying that I can get it altered somehow to look half way decent....

The moral of the story other brides.... DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

I swear my next post will be positive. Sorry for being so negative all the time!

#166 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
            • 610 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:16 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy right now with your dress, but what about the dress makes it not flatter your body?  What type of dress did you get?  I say take a deep breath and just know you will look fantastic on your wedding day! :)

Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 

Ok.... another thing to vent about. I had a dress fitting yesterday and tried it on again today. I hate my dress on my body! I just got done balling on the fone to FI. I'm PMSing too so that doesn't help anything (TMI). I'm such a procrastinating bride....this is what i get for waiting so long. I'm hoping and praying that I can get it altered somehow to look half way decent....

I swear my next post will be positive. Sorry for being so negative all the time!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#167 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
              • 610 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:18 AM

Since your wedding is over a year away, I hate to say it, but I say let it go for right now. I don't even think your guest can book flights right now, so that might be a reason why no1 is worried about booking their rooms.  People will book, don't worry!

Originally Posted by merrylee 

So.....do I just let it go or do I nag nag nag?

I don't want my wedding to feel like someone is buying a used car, but I also just want to feel like I'm having a wedding.  Tom and I had to put the deposit down on the room block which is also a stresser but not so bad because we know we have to pay that money anyway for our own room.

Once my TA emails and says guess what?  First deposit received I have a feeling it will start to feel real again.  Just right now, it feels like it is happening around me and not necessarily to me.  I feel like my dad is going to yell at me the next time I call him to say Hey what's up.

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#168 merrylee

merrylee
                • 687 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

See, I'm sorry that you are not happy with your dress :( That's not happy at all.

and Beach, I know I shouldn't be worrying yet.  Like I said it's the irrational fear plus FI and I put the deposit down for each of the rooms we are holding because people told us they would book in the next 30 days.  I know it'll work out eventually, but since I don't have anything else occupying my time that irrational thought just keeps popping in my head.

I think I need a project.

#169 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
                  • 521 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 

I feel so bad for you- and me-- I can't even fit my dress!!

#170 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
                    • 212 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:43 AM

Thanks all for "listening" to me vent. LOL!  I'm feeling better and will stay positive. I will go speak to someone about alterations this week and if worst comes to worst, i'll find an inexpensive davids bridal dress that flatters me. No sense of staying in a funk because of a dress. There are people in the world who never found their soulmate...i get  to marry mine and he wouldn't care if i was wearing a brown paper bag!

(don't get me wrong...i still wanna look hot! lol!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users