Photo

Midwest Brides Unite!

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#131 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Yay! The more the merrier...welcome ladies! 

I have exactly 61 days to go. Depends on the day if I'm freaking out or not... I think I have a lot to do, but I think I can handle it. I found my OOT bags this weekend at the DOLLAR TREE STORE!!! I couldn't believe it. I'm not doing a monogram or anything because if people wanna use them again, they don't have to worry about having a logo or anything. The bags are super cute tho...and you can't beat $1 each!!

I'm stuffing envelopes tonight with my pre-travel brochure! Yay!  ...and my FI promised me his undivided attention tonight for a wedding planning discussion. He's a typical man and doesn't care whats happening...but i want his opinion on a couple things. Today I feel content with things. I don't know how tomorrow will be though! LOL~

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#132 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
    • 610 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:08 AM

Too funny!! My fiance is exactly the same way! I told my him this weekend that March was going to be a big month on him helping with stuff for the wedding!  First up... ring shopping!!  Can't wait to pick out our wedding bands!

Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 

I'm stuffing envelopes tonight with my pre-travel brochure! Yay!  ...and my FI promised me his undivided attention tonight for a wedding planning discussion. He's a typical man and doesn't care whats happening...but i want his opinion on a couple things. 

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#133 acireta

acireta
      • Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

Hi Ashley! Welcome! I'm a cruise bride also - what cruise line are you using?

Originally Posted by AshleyW 

Hey ladies! Can I join in with you all? I'm Ashley, and another midwest bride. The fiance & I live in Iowa - we're getting married May 5, 2012 on a cruise!   I've been trying to keep my eye out for stuff for our wedding, but there hasn't been hardly any tropical themed items out in the stores in Iowa in the middle of winter, haha.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#134 AshleyW

AshleyW
        • Site Supporter
        • 35 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acireta 

Hi Ashley! Welcome! I'm a cruise bride also - what cruise line are you using?

Thanks for the welcome! We're actually going with Carnival. A bunch of our guests will be first time cruisers, so we wanted to try and keep it as cheap as possible for them.

Ashley & Zac - May 5, 2012 aboard the Carnival Paradise

30 sailing guests + 2 non-sailing guests

www.fieldswedding.com

#135 Lizk23

Lizk23
          • 222 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

Do any of you WI brides know of a bridal store that sells Sottero & Midgley dresses? I found the 'Adorae Louise' dress while browsing online and it's EXACTLY what I was looking for, but I'm having a hard time finding a vendor around here! Thanks ladies.

#136 acireta

acireta
            • Site Supporter
            • 750 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

Same here, we'll be on the Liberty, March 31-April 7, 2012. It'll be spring break so I'm sure it'll be insane! :D

Originally Posted by AshleyW 

Quote:

Thanks for the welcome! We're actually going with Carnival. A bunch of our guests will be first time cruisers, so we wanted to try and keep it as cheap as possible for them.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#137 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
              • 212 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

Do any of you WI brides know of a bridal store that sells Sottero & Midgley dresses? I found the 'Adorae Louise' dress while browsing online and it's EXACTLY what I was looking for, but I'm having a hard time finding a vendor around here! Thanks ladies.

maybe try ediths bridal? They're in fond du lac. I'm wearing a maggie sottero I bought from there....
                Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#138 Lizk23

Lizk23
                • 222 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:14 PM

Thanks I'll have to do so, I love Maggie Sottero dresses they're so many beautiful ones! I'm hoping to find one similar to mine that is a little less expensive but I love this one and it looks well worth 1300$ to me!

#139 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
                  • 610 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

Okay I could just possibly be having a bad day, but I need to vent and since I love my MidWest Brides... you get to be the lucky ones!  I don't know how many of you have been active today, but I am so upset with this fellow BDW bride! LOL  I know she was just trying to get to her 150 posts, but OMG she posted, I swear, over 60 "thanks for sharing" or "looks good" within 1 hour.  I'm just so frustrated 'cause she bumped all these old threads that have exactly no relevance.  She answered a question for a bride that got married in 2008!!  Uh!  It's one thing to welcome brides in the Newbie forum, I mean that's basically what it's for, but she did it in ALL forums!  Ugh!!! LOL I know it's not a big deal and you can all just tell me to relax, but uh!  Just upset about it right now. HAHAH I know, I know so petty!!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#140 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
                    • 521 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

Hilarious BeachBride, lol! She might've wanted to open an attachment really bad- you never know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users