Midwest Brides Unite!

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#91 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

Our office was closed today, but pretty much everyone is salaried and working (except for my lazy-ass boss). I had a huge manuscript submission deadline, so I've been answering stupid repetitive emails all day. Ok, I might be in a bit of a bad mood LOL

we got 3.5 feet of snow from 2 PM yesterday to 10 this morning! FI tracked it with a yardstick and took pics every two hours. I grew up in DC and a storm like this would cripple them for weeks. I can't believe we'll be back at work tomorrow! :-(

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#92 merrylee

merrylee
    • 687 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

I'm off today too, and I'm sorry but i am not salaried so I get the paid day off.

How much snow did you end up with?

#93 acireta

acireta
      • Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

i know its lame but this cracks me up.. here's FI's charting of our snow from last night and the dig-out this morning!

2:30 PM

230.jpg

4:30

430.jpg

6:30

630.jpg

8:30

830.jpg

10:30

1030.jpg

12:30 AM

1230.jpg

digout2.jpg

digout3.jpg

the roads are clear, so its back to work tomorrow!

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#94 merrylee

merrylee
        • 687 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

i don't think it's lame at all we probably should have done that too.  It was not a fun morning having to shovel at that snow.  And now I am all congested and not feeling well :(

#95 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
          • 610 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:10 AM

They actually closed the bank down yesterday!!  Was so happy!  I had to work a little bit from home since our boss told us on Monday that we could work from home Wednesday.  Once I got the word the bank wasn't opening at all (original annoucment said it would open at noon), I shut the computer down! LOL

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#96 Lizk23

Lizk23
            • 222 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

oh my goodness I'm glad we didn't get that much snow here, your pictures cracked me up too! 3.5 feet is a crazy amount of snow, even for the midwest. I'm from Neenah, Wisconsin (about 1 1/2 hours north of Milwaukee) and my FI Trever and I are getting married January 2012 in Jamaica!!! We haven't picked the exact date yet but it'll be towards the end of the month. I'm currently having a hell of a time deciding between the Grand Palladium and Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for the wedding. It's sooooo hard to pick a resort, i don't want to make the wrong decision!!!

#97 merrylee

merrylee
              • 687 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:42 AM

Lizk-there are truly no wrong choices, go with your heart or gut :)  Congratulations from one cold WI bride to another.  :)

You will have a blast planning and getting to know these ladies, they are amazing.  

#98 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
                • 610 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

I'm getting married at the Grand Palladium in June!  Though you will most likely have your resort picked out by then, I will let you know how it goes!

Originally Posted by Lizk23 

oh my goodness I'm glad we didn't get that much snow here, your pictures cracked me up too! 3.5 feet is a crazy amount of snow, even for the midwest. I'm from Neenah, Wisconsin (about 1 1/2 hours north of Milwaukee) and my FI Trever and I are getting married January 2012 in Jamaica!!! We haven't picked the exact date yet but it'll be towards the end of the month. I'm currently having a hell of a time deciding between the Grand Palladium and Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for the wedding. It's sooooo hard to pick a resort, i don't want to make the wrong decision!!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#99 Lizk23

Lizk23
                  • 222 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

I was kinda thinking the same thing too, that's why it's hard to choose because they are ALL so incredibly nice! I think we're going to have it at Iberostar! Now i just have to decide on a resort for the honeymoon ha! I am very glad i found the forum everyone has been very helpful and has some really awesome ideas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylee 

Lizk-there are truly no wrong choices, go with your heart or gut :)  Congratulations from one cold WI bride to another.  :)

You will have a blast planning and getting to know these ladies, they are amazing.  

#100 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
                    • 212 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:09 AM

Hey midwest brides! I'm candice and I live in Milwaukee, wi. My wedding will be on April 29th 2011 at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. My Fi lives in Philly part-time (where I met him) but stays here with me a week or 2 at a time. People often ask me how I got someone to move to WI in the winter.... It's called love!!! Lol!!! 

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users