Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
schmizer

Midwest Brides Unite!

Recommended Posts

Thanks Paula and Beach Bride! I guess we're in the same boat...I have daily alerts set up on Kayak.com, but I think they make me even more anxious watching everyday, lol. Paula, I am so sorry to hear about all that mess, but it sounds like you are exactly where you want to be! When we did our site visit in Cabo we only went to the golf club, because after we saw it we knew it was exactly what we wanted! Once you know that it seems like all the hassles are worth it! I'm sure it will all work out in the end!

Fingers crossed flights are going to be dropping soon!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Donie and Paula!

 

Have either of you ladies subscribed to the Trip Advisor forums of your place of marraige?  

 

I have found the people to be incredibly insightful about when to book and when rates are going to drop.  Most of the people that post are frequent travelers or live in the vicinity of that forum, so they are extremely knowledgeable.  

 

I am following the threads to get an idea of what rates will be like next year when our guests book.  Also,  I have gotten fabulous insight into activities, car rentals, restaurants, etc.

 

Look forward to hearing about your progress!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do go to Trip Advisor please remember to take the "bad" comments with a grain of salt!!!  I honestly don't go to that website anymore because there is no monitoring.  I read somewhere that competing hotels go on the site and write bad reviews for other hotels and then write an amazing review for theirs.  Not honest at all!

 

Though its a good resource for the reasons schmizer listed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Don't know how I didn't see this sooner! Hello there, nice to see another west suburban girl cheesy.gif
 

Originally Posted by bigredchibride View Post

Hello Ladies!!!!

 

@acireta ~ Du Page County in the house!

 

What a fun thread! My name is Jen and I live in Lombard, IL. Jason and I were engaged on December 27, 2010. We will be together 11 years this March and have known each other since 1992. I am thrilled to be getting married!!! I am frantically doing research about destination weddings. I love this website. I am really focused on OOT gift bags. We are days away from sending out 88 invites. Eesh! we will see what happens....


RIU Club Resort ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ December 30, 2011



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Remdog & Donie!

@Schmizer- I'm thinking about ordering the bags from either Hanson Ellis or Quality Discount Logo. I'm waiting for a sample from Quality so we'll see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice on the forums! I have checked out our villa resort there multiple times, but didn't realize until now they have forums for locations. I could have stayed on there all day if I didn't actually need to get work done!

Also, I watched flights for a year prior as well and it's so inconsistent even from year to year. It's so hard to know when to buy. My best advice so far is to figure out during that year what a good price is and then buy early as soon as you that price. 
 

Originally Posted by schmizer View Post

Welcome Donie and Paula!

 

Have either of you ladies subscribed to the Trip Advisor forums of your place of marraige?  

 

I have found the people to be incredibly insightful about when to book and when rates are going to drop.  Most of the people that post are frequent travelers or live in the vicinity of that forum, so they are extremely knowledgeable.  

 

I am following the threads to get an idea of what rates will be like next year when our guests book.  Also,  I have gotten fabulous insight into activities, car rentals, restaurants, etc.

 

Look forward to hearing about your progress!

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree.  Some of those reviews are incredibly bogus!   It helps to look at the post history for anything that seems unreal.  You can usually tell (just like here) who's being honest and who's not!

 


 

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 View Post

If you do go to Trip Advisor please remember to take the "bad" comments with a grain of salt!!!  I honestly don't go to that website anymore because there is no monitoring.  I read somewhere that competing hotels go on the site and write bad reviews for other hotels and then write an amazing review for theirs.  Not honest at all!

 

Though its a good resource for the reasons schmizer listed!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a Trip Advisor junkie.  I love reading the bad reviews, just to get a good laugh.  It's even better after I've been to a resort and I know for sure that the people who wrote them really are crazy.  Now granted they have had some issues lately with bogus reviews from other resorts but some of the other bad ones are very entertaining.  I always think really you were on vacation in a tropical location and your having a fit because it was hot, or it rained, or you had to keep the patio door closed for the a/c to work.  You got to go on vacation get over it.    I guess some people also don't realize that you can make lemon aid out of lemons.    It all depends on how you look at it.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of my mother: "are you trying to cool the whole neighborhood?? Close the door!!" LOL

 

Originally Posted by remdog View Post

I always think really you were on vacation in a tropical location and your having a fit because it was hot, or it rained, or you had to keep the patio door closed for the a/c to work.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite on TA was someone who ranted on and on about how awful his trip was because he never had a washcloth for 5 days!!!  Are you kidding me?!!? LOL I don't even use washclothes, but how the heck would that ruin your trip?!?  Gotta love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
  • Topics

×