Photo

January 2012 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#621 baririce

baririce
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

My wedding is January 28th at the Secrets Maroma Beach.  If anyone has any tips, I would love them about this specific resort.

#622 kya101

kya101
    • 645 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

OMG just finished packing my FIRST suitcase with OOT bags and stuff, ceremony stuff and wedding party gift stuff!!!! YAY!!!! I am thinking I may need more suitcases than I thought lol.... Cannot believe I'm leaving for Winnipeg in 2 weeks and flying out in 16 days!!!! Yay!!!!

#623 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

I tend to way overpack and found myself having to remove things from my suitcase!! My FI is a light packer so most of our OOT stuff and other wedding things are packed into his suitcase!  Its so hard to know what to bring and what to leave behind!!

Originally Posted by kya101 

OMG just finished packing my FIRST suitcase with OOT bags and stuff, ceremony stuff and wedding party gift stuff!!!! YAY!!!! I am thinking I may need more suitcases than I thought lol.... Cannot believe I'm leaving for Winnipeg in 2 weeks and flying out in 16 days!!!! Yay!!!!

#624 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
      • 335 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

I'm officially packed and ready to go!  We're off to the airport at 3am tonight for our early morning flight!  Can't wait!  In the end, both myself and my parents each have a 50lbs suitcase filled with OOT, decor, steamers, etc.  Then both myself and my FI each have one suitcase for clothes, cosmetics, toiletries, etc!  I honestly thought we'd end up with 5 suitcases in total but we managed to get it all in with 4, and there's some room left in the 4th!  Here's hoping we haven't forgotten anything!

Good luck with all of your last minute planning!  Can't believe our time has finally come! :)

#625 muzikgrrl

muzikgrrl
        • 193 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Congrats to all those leaving soon!  

We leave on the 14th and I've been off this week with the flu, this is the worst possible time to get sick!!!  I just started feeling better andstarted packing today, I've got one whole suitcase filled with OOT bags, wedding decor and accessories.  I've got half a carry on filled with the rest of the breakable stuff.  I also picked up my wedding dress today, our spare bedroom is filled with wedding stuff and suitcases, it really feels real now!

#626 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Yay, I can't imagine how excited you are!!  I hope your flight is good and I will see you down there:)

I have been packing today and am so afraid to be overweight for our suitcases, but I feel like I hadly have anything packed except for wedding things!!  Gosh this packing thing is difficult!

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 

I'm officially packed and ready to go!  We're off to the airport at 3am tonight for our early morning flight!  Can't wait!  In the end, both myself and my parents each have a 50lbs suitcase filled with OOT, decor, steamers, etc.  Then both myself and my FI each have one suitcase for clothes, cosmetics, toiletries, etc!  I honestly thought we'd end up with 5 suitcases in total but we managed to get it all in with 4, and there's some room left in the 4th!  Here's hoping we haven't forgotten anything!

Good luck with all of your last minute planning!  Can't believe our time has finally come! :)

#627 kya101

kya101
          • 645 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yeah I totally agree, packing seems to be consumed by wedding stuff. I'm 2 suitcases in and both are full of OOT and wedding stuff and I haven't even packed our CUPS yet!!!!! lol Thank goodness we get 6 suitcases between myself, fiance and son!!! I hoping to get son and fiance in one suitcase too.... fingers crossed  I keep telling myself two more weeks, two more weeks and we'll be outa here!!! Cannot wait, especially after having to redo my DIY programs THREE times... Our officiant changed, then I put prelude twice, ahhhhh!!! All good now, fixed and packed!!! Congrats January Brides we made it!!!

#628 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
            • 335 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

Can't wait!  We'll be in relaxation mode soon enough!  

Good luck with the rest of your packing!  It will all come together in the end!  I had my FI weight every single suitcase multiple times just to be sure!  I would hate to have to repack or rearrange at the airport! I always feel awful for those people!

Safe travels and see ya on the beach! :)

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Yay, I can't imagine how excited you are!!  I hope your flight is good and I will see you down there:)

I have been packing today and am so afraid to be overweight for our suitcases, but I feel like I hadly have anything packed except for wedding things!!  Gosh this packing thing is difficult!

#629 Shyla

Shyla
              • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hey girls,

2012 bride here too. Our date is April 11, 2012. We are getting married at Sandals Ochos Rios....any other Sandals Ochos Rios brides out there?

#630 MrsSlattery2012

MrsSlattery2012
                • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

I am new to this site but think it's awesome, I am getting so many idas!! But what is an OOT bag? everyone talks about them but I dont get it.... ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users