Photo

January 2012 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#21 perry1217

perry1217
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

Hey there Bride Lady!!  I agree with the person above about TripAdvisor.  Unfortunately, it's human nature that when something goes right, we tend to be less vocal about it than if something goes wrong.  My favorite part of TripAdvisor is the photos section.  The ones on the hotel's website never look authentic to me, so I adore seeing the shots that real guests are able to get.  Take a deep breath and enjoy every moment of the planning process.  I know it can seem a bit overwhelming, but if you take it in steps and stages, and try not to get too obsessive about it, everything will be planned before you know it!!!

Originally Posted by brideLady40 

I'm hoping to be a January 2012 bride but choosing the location is getting stressful.  We're thinking Antigua because we've never been, it looks gorgeous, and we already had a vacation planned there prior to the engagement - so we can check out the island/resort/etc - but I'm becoming obsessed with reading TripAdvisor reviews and they are so extreme!  How can one person love it on the same day some else writes a 17-negative-points review.  Because we do want some family/friend there - including my 8-year-old niece - we've had to look for all-inclusive, kid-friendly. moderly-priced resorts.  Currently, we are thinking/hoping for St. James' and may look at the Verandah and Grand Pineapple.  Our vacation to St. James is scheduled for the end of the month and I'm just hoping/praying that it is beautiful enough.  If these don't work, we may start looking at Mexico or DR.  Oiy!

Haven't really done much else up to this point except design our STD cards.

Anyone working with a travel agent?  Our thinking on this is to plan for a resort that has online package deals.  The resorts mentioned had great prices through our local warehouse stores.

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#22 Avens

Avens
    • 576 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

I think it's the best bet to look at the overall ratings.  Also after reading some of the negative reviews to you might realize alot of them aren't really all that negative.  Common ones i saw for my resort were

"The floor was slippery after it rained"

"There were to many mosquotoes"

"There was a lizard on our balcony"

#23 brideLady40

brideLady40
      • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

Thanks ladies. My fiance's rule is ignore the best and worst reviews.  So that's what I'm doing - that and not looking at reviews anymore.  I actually changed the date we are visiting the resort to coincide with a wedding they are hosting.  Getting a look at how a similarly-sized wedding is managed will put my mind at ease.  Though today's obsession is looking at alternative sites in Mexico (Riviera Maya) - just in case.  <sigh>

I read that there is a section for bride reviews here but I haven't found it yet.

#24 brideLady40

brideLady40
        • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

ah, found the bride reviews: http://www.bestdesti.../resorts-villas

#25 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:53 AM

Thanks ladies. My fiance's rule is ignore the best and worst reviews.  So that's what I'm doing - that and not looking at reviews anymore.  I actually changed the date we are visiting the resort to coincide with a wedding they are hosting.  Getting a look at how a similarly-sized wedding is managed will put my mind at ease.  Though today's obsession is looking at alternative sites in Mexico (Riviera Maya) - just in case.  <sigh>

I read that there is a section for bride reviews here but I haven't found it yet.

Just do a search on here and some reviews, if there are any for that resort, should come up.  I also find it helpful, if you have facebook, to use that as a tool.  Many resorts have pages on there that you can find pictures from people and weddings.  Also, you can get in contact that way with brides who have gotten married there!

#26 perry1217

perry1217
          • 355 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:32 AM

Any luck BrideLady?

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#27 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

Hey Ladies,

Hope the planning is going great.  January 2012 will be here before we know it!

#28 MsClarke724

MsClarke724
            • 244 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

Hey All!!  I am getting married January 28, 2012 at dreams Punta Cana!! :)

#29 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

Welcome, MsClarke724!

#30 Lizk23

Lizk23
              • 222 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

I'm getting married January 18, 2012 at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica!!!! can't wait, good luck planning everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users