January 2012 Brides!

Avens

I love the dresses and the color!! I don't think it will be to green!

Good luck with the move to Edmonton, it really is a beautiful city! 

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

Love them!

Saturday is moving day, we pack up and move 1400km to Edmonton.  Scary!  Wedding stuff is on hold until after then, hopefully everything falls into place.  My last bridesmaid found her dress on Monday, so that is all sorted.

I had the Wedding Shower/Stagette two weekends ago with my Winnipeg friends, then a going away party the following weekend. One more pub night going away party on Thursday then its for real!

dresses.jpg

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh!! 3 months to go!! How is everyone doing with their planning? This week has been CRAZY for us as our group booking deadline is Friday and it seems like everyone waited til the last minute to book. We are now at 63 guests. If we get to 68 then we get another free trip!! We gave away our first two free trips to my little sister who is in university and my FMIL who can't afford the trip otherwise, so this free trip would go to US - our reception is 80 bucks a head, so it will basically just cover some of the reception costs.

Has anyone sent out a pre-trip letter? Is anyone else thinking about doing this? I ordered some free business cards from Vistaprint to use as luggage tags and I was planning on sending them with some sort of information update/trip tips letter at the end of October.

What else are you ladies working on now?

Hi Avens,

Nice dresses! Don't worry,. it will fall into place. We will have to stay in touch once you are settled in Edmonton. I just realized our weddings are about a week apart and both in the Mayan! So much to do! I might get your thoughts on my decor ...It seems to be taking forever to put together.! Happy Moving!!

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

Love them!

Saturday is moving day, we pack up and move 1400km to Edmonton.  Scary!  Wedding stuff is on hold until after then, hopefully everything falls into place.  My last bridesmaid found her dress on Monday, so that is all sorted.

I had the Wedding Shower/Stagette two weekends ago with my Winnipeg friends, then a going away party the following weekend. One more pub night going away party on Thursday then its for real!

dresses.jpg

Hi Manda,

I am planning on doing a brochure-pre wedding mail out. Going to try and put it together this weekend with all of the Vistaprint free stuff. I will post it once I make it.I found one on here from another bride that I really liked, she made it using Vistaprint brochure. I am also sending the luggage tags with the letter, invite....more of a formality...I ordered them on Zazzle.ca.

Anyhow, maybe we will run into eachother at the airport, we fly into Cancun Jan 1, how about you guys?

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

Ahhh!! 3 months to go!! How is everyone doing with their planning? This week has been CRAZY for us as our group booking deadline is Friday and it seems like everyone waited til the last minute to book. We are now at 63 guests. If we get to 68 then we get another free trip!! We gave away our first two free trips to my little sister who is in university and my FMIL who can't afford the trip otherwise, so this free trip would go to US - our reception is 80 bucks a head, so it will basically just cover some of the reception costs.

Has anyone sent out a pre-trip letter? Is anyone else thinking about doing this? I ordered some free business cards from Vistaprint to use as luggage tags and I was planning on sending them with some sort of information update/trip tips letter at the end of October.

OMG! 3 months!!! I think it's finally sinking in that I will be married in a few months. Got our wedding bands and my dress and flowers come in November. Last 2 DIY projects are centrepeices and place cards/favours. Would be moving much faster on these if my bridesmaids weren't trekking all over the planet. One is climbing Mt Everest and the other one is in NYC. Good thing I'm such a chill bride ;)

Hey,

Planning is coming along great so far! Had my second dress fitting last night and LOVE my dress, I had the neckline completely altered so I was quite nervous but it came out better than I expected. Yay!

My mothers best friend threw me a shower on Sunday and it was great, they didn't do the traditional style where everyone brings small gifts, they gathered $20 from each guest and had everyone sign a card then she presented me with the money and told me to chose whatever large item my fiance and I wanted from our registry! I was so excited as we have lived together for years and have a beautiful house with most of those "small items" already so we were thrilled that we got to go out and pick out some of the more expensive items that we may not have gotten otherwise. So the next day we went to Costco and purchased the new Pet Roomba (robot vacuum), a food processor/blender, a wine kit (we love to make wine!) and still have around $120 left so not sure what we're going to get with that but I'm sure we'll find something we love! What a great idea, I was so impressed with her!

As for my decor planning, I am halfway done "accessorizing" my rafia fans with ribbon and mini silver starfish pendants, I just ordered a bunch of stuff off of Etsy like a personalized photo guestbook, my rehearsal dress, passport covers for my bridesmaids, shoe clips for my bridesmaids, Senor/Senora chair signs and a real touch orchid hair flower, then off Amazon I bought the Fujifilm Instax 210 camera with 5 packs of film. I will be ordering my big OOT purchases in about a month as my parents go down to Arizona for 6 months out of the year so I will have everything shipped to them as its MUCH cheaper than getting it to Canada.

I am waiting on a sweet sale from Vistaprint to do my ordering but here are a few items I will be getting:

Here are my brochures and luggage tags that I will be sending out probably at the beginning of December! Sooooo excited!

Pre-Travel Brochure Front.jpg

Pre-Travel Brochure Back.jpg

Luggage Tag Front.jpgLuggage Tag Back.jpg

And here are the lawn signs for my bonfire and Shoes Optional station:

Bonfire Lawn Sign.jpgShoes Optional Sign.jpg

And finally, here is one of our menus (I had a vegetarian one that is the same just different options), I've ordered these already:

Menu.jpg

So much more to do but am loving all this planning!

Hope you ladies are enjoying it as well, good luck to each of you!

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

We are going to be sending out a pre travel brochure, probably mid november to beat the Christmas mail rush!

I have made them on Vistaprint but just waiting for a good sale to order them.

Brochure1.jpgbrochure2.jpg

I like your shoes optional sign, is it an actual sign you are going to have? how big will it be?

Originally Posted by mllek1986 View Post

Hey,

Planning is coming along great so far! Had my second dress fitting last night and LOVE my dress, I had the neckline completely altered so I was quite nervous but it came out better than I expected. Yay!

My mothers best friend threw me a shower on Sunday and it was great, they didn't do the traditional style where everyone brings small gifts, they gathered $20 from each guest and had everyone sign a card then she presented me with the money and told me to chose whatever large item my fiance and I wanted from our registry! I was so excited as we have lived together for years and have a beautiful house with most of those "small items" already so we were thrilled that we got to go out and pick out some of the more expensive items that we may not have gotten otherwise. So the next day we went to Costco and purchased the new Pet Roomba (robot vacuum), a food processor/blender, a wine kit (we love to make wine!) and still have around $120 left so not sure what we're going to get with that but I'm sure we'll find something we love! What a great idea, I was so impressed with her!

As for my decor planning, I am halfway done "accessorizing" my rafia fans with ribbon and mini silver starfish pendants, I just ordered a bunch of stuff off of Etsy like a personalized photo guestbook, my rehearsal dress, passport covers for my bridesmaids, shoe clips for my bridesmaids, Senor/Senora chair signs and a real touch orchid hair flower, then off Amazon I bought the Fujifilm Instax 210 camera with 5 packs of film. I will be ordering my big OOT purchases in about a month as my parents go down to Arizona for 6 months out of the year so I will have everything shipped to them as its MUCH cheaper than getting it to Canada.

I am waiting on a sweet sale from Vistaprint to do my ordering but here are a few items I will be getting:

Here are my brochures and luggage tags that I will be sending out probably at the beginning of December! Sooooo excited!

Pre-Travel Brochure Front.jpg

Pre-Travel Brochure Back.jpg

Luggage Tag Front.jpgLuggage Tag Back.jpg

And here are the lawn signs for my bonfire and Shoes Optional station:

Bonfire Lawn Sign.jpgShoes Optional Sign.jpg

And finally, here is one of our menus (I had a vegetarian one that is the same just different options), I've ordered these already:

Menu.jpg

So much more to do but am loving all this planning!

Hope you ladies are enjoying it as well, good luck to each of you!