Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Hola ladies!!!! We're back and I am officially Mrs. Billings!!!! The entire trip and wedding from beggining to end was AMAZING!! I cried coming home because I didn't want it to end!! I had Valeria Vera as my WC and she was organized and on point for everything! Even when I gve her 2 suitcases full of stuff she didnt even bat an eye. We had all our welcome bags deliveried to everyone's room which they say they charge $3 per room but we were never charged.., we did the blood test there which was fine and they guy who takes the blood made sure he had a good vein so he didn't stick us more then once which was great!(I'm notorious for being a hard stick) we had a joint bachelor/bachelorette party at the swing bar, sunrise lobby bar and ending at the club in sunrise which was the best time ever! there is a lot of construction going on on the sunrise side as far as the outside so you do need to be very careful walking around outside at night but besides that its not that bad. We had a rehearsal dinner at the Brazilian resturant and it was fantastic! They set up tables out on the balcony for a private party for us with our own staff and everyone was wonderful! We flew our own photographers down with us so they took pics at all our vents which was great we felt like we has our own paparazzi lol! The day of the wedding we went the the spa at the golf course and everyone had their hair and makeup done which came out great.. There is a strong language barrier at the spa but with pictures everything came out just like the pictures. I'm a makeup artist and hair stylist so I did my own. Valeria came to my room to get me for the horse drawn carriage..I highly recommend this it was an amazing moment for my dad and I and as soon as I pulled up everyone started crying. We opted for a harpest and it was extremely romantic. The fireworks could not go off for our kiss because of the wind but they did set it up during cocktail hour so we can get some pictures. Cocktail hour was in tucan garden and besides from the Mosquitos(I highly recommend bring good big spray!) everything went very well from what our guests have said. We had 2 signature drinks and they even carried them overto our reception and brought our decor as well which was great! We had dj mania for the reception and they were FANTASTIC!! We brought a cd of all the music for backup but they were ontop of everything an even had a lot of popular songs that our guests recommended. Zuniga did most of the decor and I was so pleased! I was scared with not seeing any pics of anything how it would all turn out but it was better then I could have hoped for! We had alternating centerpieces and decor and it all was wonderful! We extended our reception for an additional 2 hours without any problem with we were very happy about since we were not ready to stop the party haha! They delievered a beautiful bouquet to our room the night of our wedding because my husband said he wanted to give me flowers ;0) the next day we had a brunch at the Caribbean reaturant in grand which was nice but I didn't find the food any different then the breakfast at the buffet in nuzic where we were. We then went to Le blanc for our honeymoon. I highly recommend doing a second resort for a couple days at least! It was so nice to get some alone time with my new husband. I'm a huge fan of moon palace with all the different things to do and all the space but le blanc is on a different level! We had our own butler with pillow menus and everything. This was seriously the trip of a lifetime! Every one of our guest said they had the best time ever! The weather was perfect everyday and the wedding went smoother then I ever hoped for. I'm sorry I just blurted everything out but I hope it puts everyone at ease about all their planning .. Ooo by the way if you did book before I believe April of this year you do not get charged any tax! This was awesome since all my guest booked before then! Here are a couple pics from our photographer :0) 400[/img] 400 400 400

Hi ladies! I was wondering if anyone has any input on which section of Moon Palace to stay in?? We are not getting married there, but going on vacation there for a week at the end of Januarycheesy.gif

We got married last year at Aventura Spa Palace, but decided to try Moon this year. I have read a lot of the reviews on tripadvisor and it seems that there is construction going on in the Sunrise section right now, so we should stay away from that. A lot of people seem to say that the Grand is the nicest section, but that Nizuc is close to everything...so I am torn on what to do?!?! If anyone has been there recently and has any input I would appreciate it!! Thanks

I was just there a month ago and we stayed in the colibri section in Nizuc (right next to the Catholic chapel and I thought that section was perfect! Right in the middle of everything! I would stay away from the Sunrise side and say go with the Nizuc or Grand (esp if you can get the section of the grand next to Nizuc and not at the far end) The grand rooms are bigger and quieter and nicer but you can't go wrong with either the Nizuc or Grand in my opinion! Golf carts will take you anywhere if you don't want to walk! Have fun! I wish I was going back we had so much fun there!

Originally Posted by amberm390 View Post

Hi ladies! I was wondering if anyone has any input on which section of Moon Palace to stay in?? We are not getting married there, but going on vacation there for a week at the end of Januarycheesy.gif

We got married last year at Aventura Spa Palace, but decided to try Moon this year. I have read a lot of the reviews on tripadvisor and it seems that there is construction going on in the Sunrise section right now, so we should stay away from that. A lot of people seem to say that the Grand is the nicest section, but that Nizuc is close to everything...so I am torn on what to do?!?! If anyone has been there recently and has any input I would appreciate it!! Thanks