Moon Palace 2012 Brides

You look amazing! Seeing everyone in their dresses makes me excited!

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

I finally got my friend to send me a pic she took with her phone of me in my dress! This was last summer (as we were supposed to get married mast Aug.) Its not the best view (somehow the best pic is gone), but it gives you an idea of what it looks like! I also have a cathedral length veil to wear with it.

dress.jpg

Exactly.  Once we put our list of Do's and definitely not I'll forward over to you. 

Originally Posted by Essential0929 View Post

I would agree with you about the music, I want people to party!!! I am using a mix of roses and orchids, I'm just obsessed with them; but we are lining the aisle chairs with paper lanterns instead of flowers.

Awww thanks! I haven't tried it on since last summer and I'm probably +5 lbs since then, but I'm determined to lose at least another 20 before the big day! Luckily it is a lace-up and when I had ordered it last summer I ordered a size down just in case! So either direction I end up going, at least I know they can close it up! Haha! 

I love seeing everyone's dresses too! Post them when you can ladies!!!! :)

Originally Posted by Essential0929 View Post

You look amazing! Seeing everyone in their dresses makes me excited!

Kelly you look beautiful!! Such a flattering dress and you look angelic!

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

I finally got my friend to send me a pic she took with her phone of me in my dress! This was last summer (as we were supposed to get married mast Aug.) Its not the best view (somehow the best pic is gone), but it gives you an idea of what it looks like! I also have a cathedral length veil to wear with it.

dress.jpg

No problem!

That is true (about it always being rosary beads), but I think in Catholic ceremonies they usually do use them. You do not have to do a Catholic ceremony to have one of course, and in those cases that is usually when they use something else for the Lasso. We will probably end up having my Mom do it as she is the most "Catholic" out of us! Haha! 

I know! It does add up to get married in the Catholic church! We had to pay for our counseling sessions ($100 each) for Pre Cana, the paperwork to get it all going, the test they have you both take, and then more fees once it is all done so they can "process" it through the arch diocese! DANG!!! Its crazy! 

Good Luck! I hope you can get it all done and changed at MP! :)

Originally Posted by rae12vb View Post

Thanks so much.  The lasso actually isn't always rosary beads  it can actually be a string of flowers or a shawl or anything that creates a figure 8.  We have been planning on doing the lasso ceremony from the start with the minister so I have done a lot of research on it. I am actually in the process of buying one right now! You can also have a family member or a friend do it.

I am going to ask about switching to the catholic ceremony tomorrow.  I'm not worried about the time frame with Palace. I didn't start booking my wedding until less than six months.  It's basically just getting the paper work scanned over on that end.

What I am nervous about is getting the pre cana done before hand.  I will have to look into that tomorrow. I live in Long Island, NY and out east where I lIve they don't offer it that often.  I know that it was offered back in March because that was when we were supposed to do it when we were getting married in a church.

I should have done this from the start but I was trying to save the money.  Between the $350 for the priest and the $150 for the pre cana that's adding on a lot of $$$!!! I will contact the diocies today. 

Thanks again for your help!

Coco-

Your dress is AMAZING, and I love seeing how happy you are in it :)  Congrats on finally having your day with Mr Lazaro. What an awesome memory.

KrSmith, I also have a lot of the information that you are looking for from the MP so let me know what you don't get and I can see if I can fill in the blanks.

I just got my welcome brochures from VP the other day it was round 2 since there was a grammatical error I didn't catch the first time.  Trust me have someone else look at it because no matter what it never fails that you'll miss something.

I am working on our photography scavenger hunt, and we are meeting with a gentlemen to see what we can do with our OOT bags to get a design on them.  We'll see if we can, but also since it appears that we may not have as many guests as we originally thought, I might upgrade my bags in the end.  We shall see.

I am going to sign up for a jewelry making class because I thought it would be fun to make my own for the trip and maybe make a piece for the ladies.  I am in need of more projects otherwise I start to panic :)