So far no answer, but I'm assuming it will take a LONG time...but I'm happy Janina at least forwarded it. Although she says they have a "new department that is assisting wedding couple with their pre wedding arrangements". Who knows that that means...maybe it will be a good thing and they will be better about getting back to people.
I just emailed Katie from Deco. Her email is on the website. I believe its firstname.lastname@example.org....
I asked a TON of questions...everything from general resort info to events. I'm pretty laid back too, but I don't want to end up wishing I had figured this stuff out earlier, so I'm just going to try and start the process now since I'm sure I will have to do some pushing to get them to respond!
Here are my questions. I am asking anything and everything I can so I can get it straight from their mouths and have it documented!
Immaculate Conception Package
* We are in the final stages of our Pre-Cana and are getting ready to submit our paperwork to our diocese. Is there anything you need from us?
* Because the Catholic ceremony is not legal in Mexico and we must do the legal part in our hometown, can we do it after we get back home if we chose instead of before we leave?
* Will you be sending us information of what we need to choose for our ceremony (readings, songs...etc)?
* We would like to do the Lasso ceremony during the mass. Is that that included?
* Will we need to provide our own Lasso?
* What is included in your standard decor for the Chapel (as well as aisle bases)?
* Does the CD system for the ceremony play Mp3 discs?
* What songs does the solo harpist play in the ceremony?
* Instead of the included bridal bouquet, can I use those flowers for decor for our cake?
* We would like to have a private reception instead of a dinner reservation for 35 people. Can we use that reservation for either the Welcome Dinner or Rehearsal Dinner?
* What is the Honeymoon Package that is included?
* I don't want wrist bands to be in our pictures, Can we take off our wrist bands on the day of the wedding without being charged a fee for us and our guests?
* I would like to get my hair done for the wedding. When am I able to schedule my appointment and who should I call?
* We are having Del Sol come and photograph our wedding. Can we please get 2 day passes for them?
* What does the driver of the horse carriage typically wear?
* We are putting together invitations now. Can we finalize cocktail hour/reception location and times so I can put them on our invitations?
* After our ceremony we would like to have a cocktail hour.
* Can we choose where we have it?
* Can we have the Mexican Trio or Mariachi play during the cocktail hour?
* We would like to have a private reception on a terrace. What are our options?
* Will you send me all the options for appetizers for the cocktail hour and buffet options for the reception?
* At this point, I don't think we will hire a DJ. What are our options for music and what is the pricing?
* Can we release "Wish Lanterns" during our reception? (They flame retardant and biodegradable)
* Can you send me a list of cake options?
* What would standard decor/setup for tables at the reception be?
* Do you provide printed menus to place on each setting at the reception since we will not know what the menu is until we meet with you?
* Will you provide a Complimentary room for guests to leave their belongings in or to freshen up in close by the reception?
* Do you have anything that we could use (basket/tray) to place Pashminas in at the reception?
* We are putting together Pre-Travel Brochures. Can you send me any information that my guests might find useful/helpful to know about the resort?
* Do you have a Resort Map that I can use for my brochures or Out of Town Bags?
* We would like to have a Welcome Dinner, a Rehearsal Dinner, and a Goodbye Brunch. We don't need these to be private functions, but is there somewhere we can have these semi private?
* Can we decide on where these will be so I can add them to our invites?
* Can you send me a list of all the different restaurants, what they serve, and what attire is required?
* Can you send me a list of the restaurants that we can have our entire group of guests sit together for the meals I mentioned above?
* Can you send me pictures of the different places we can have these?
* Is there anywhere we could possibly play a photo slide show during the rehearsal dinner?
* Will you send me the list of what we can use our "Vacation Dollars" on and any rules/limitations on using them?
Originally Posted by kris10kay
I notice your getting married a few weeks after us! Let me know if they do get you in contact with your on site coordinator! I asked once if I could get in touch and the Miami office flat out said no! You most certainly have knocked a lot off of your list! How did you get in touch with Deco? If you don't mind me asking what questions did you ask? I am so carefree about most things that I am afraid I should be asking more.
***We are 6 months away today***
Originally Posted by krsmith