Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#861 krsmith

krsmith
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Thanks! 

They seem to like them, so thats all that matters to me! Their dresses are also Henkka but I got them on ideeli.com when they were on a SUPER sale! Kepp your eye out for them!

#862 merrylee

merrylee
    • 687 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:05 AM

Thanks everyone!

I am in the process of trying to get information on the tours that you can pay for that are not a part of your vacation dollars.  There are fun things I want to try and I want to compare the rates with the places on line and the rates with my TA.

#863 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
      • 88 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

I thought I would share the update on our wedding date . . .

So our July 28th wedding that is "available" on the palace wedding page is "not availble" when I go to do the online request.

Call the Miami office they tell us there will be NO weddings that date.  Too bad our wedding contract says July 28, 2012 6pm!

Since they did not sign the copy after I signed it they will NOT VALIDATE this!

So after HOURS (4 in total) of being on the phone (one line with my TA and the other with either Melissa or Jennifer) (seriously at one point I had 2 phones up to my head . . . we had to change our date. 

So it's now July 21, 2012.  I'm going to have to update the caldendar with my date now!

The only way we got anything to happen was call th3 1-877 # and hit prompt #2 and got a live person on the phone.  I was insistent that NO one called me back. 

I don't mean to scare anyone but after 5 weeks of getting NO WHERE it was time for drastic measures.

That was my experience, still awaiting the confirmation from the Judge and the Priest before it's made official!

Waiting on Palace Resorts to sign our contract.

#864 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

I am so sorry that this happened to you. Being persistent pays off!!  I hope that your future planning goes better than this!

Originally Posted by Bojanglesgirl 

So our July 28th wedding that is "available" on the palace wedding page is "not availble" when I go to do the online request.

Call the Miami office they tell us there will be NO weddings that date.  Too bad our wedding contract says July 28, 2012 6pm!

So after HOURS (4 in total) of being on the phone (one line with my TA and the other with either Melissa or Jennifer) (seriously at one point I had 2 phones up to my head . . . we had to change our date. 

So it's now July 21, 2012.  I'm going to have to update the caldendar with my date now!

The only way we got anything to happen was call th3 1-877 # and hit prompt #2 and got a live person on the phone.  I was insistent that NO one called me back. 

I don't mean to scare anyone but after 5 weeks of getting NO WHERE it was time for drastic measures.

That was my experience, still awaiting the confirmation from the Judge and the Priest before it's made official!

#865 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
          • 385 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

For those of you ladies who ended up having their wedding at Moon Palace did you find it crowded?  I hear that they book up quickly but is it too noisy (both for the wedding and the honeymoon)?

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#866 Sdamian1

Sdamian1
            • 132 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:25 AM

sorry you had to go through all that! hope it goes smoothly soon

#867 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
              • Site Supporter
              • 201 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

I'm so sorry you are having so much trouble!! I hope things get better after this. I would be about ready to throw in the towel.

We changed our ceremony type and are still waiting on a contract. I emailed Janina to see where it stood she's out until Monday and we were supposed to have our group block to the TA this Friday. I pray the resort let's our TA extend the booking rate we were quoted since the wedding coordinator hasn't sent us the contract yet.

Originally Posted by Bojanglesgirl 

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#868 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
                • 88 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

Thanks to all of your words of encouragment.   I was very close to throwing in the towel. 

I will be sure to let you know when I get my contract and see how it all turns out!

Waiting on Palace Resorts to sign our contract.

#869 buttahfly2012

buttahfly2012
                  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:32 AM

Hello to all of you Beautiful Moon Palace Ladies!

It's been a minute since my last post, but I wanted to congratulate you all on your planning progress. I had to take a break from mine as I was moving like speed racer to get things done. Now that I am back in the wedding planning mode, I could use a little help.

I booked my photographer--Sweetfire Photography--and I am extremely excited about, but now I am looking for a reasonably priced make- up artist.  

cheesy.gif  Any recommendations? 

Also, I would like to have a girls night on the town in Cancun and was wondering if any of you knew of any packages that I could research. I saw something for Playa del Carmen--PlayaCrawl, but nothing for Cancun. Any recommendations?

Gracias Chicas! 

#870 beatyea

beatyea
                    • 288 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

I was also looking into a bachelorette night out down there and playacrawl you can do in Cancun also!  So I think thats what we will be doing!

Originally Posted by buttahfly2012 

Hello to all of you Beautiful Moon Palace Ladies!

It's been a minute since my last post, but I wanted to congratulate you all on your planning progress. I had to take a break from mine as I was moving like speed racer to get things done. Now that I am back in the wedding planning mode, I could use a little help.

I booked my photographer--Sweetfire Photography--and I am extremely excited about, but now I am looking for a reasonably priced make- up artist.  

cheesy.gif  Any recommendations? 

Also, I would like to have a girls night on the town in Cancun and was wondering if any of you knew of any packages that I could research. I saw something for Playa del Carmen--PlayaCrawl, but nothing for Cancun. Any recommendations?

Gracias Chicas! 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users