Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#61 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

I would ask to be able to include all guest bookings in your room count, no matter how they book, through membership, group booking, direct to resort or through a tour operator.

I'm still not sure how to handle the outside vendor policy, most brides just take their chances. Do you know specifically which items you want to use for outside vendors?

#62 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

My photog & DJ are the only outside vendor.  I'm bringing chair sashes/runners..

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

I would ask to be able to include all guest bookings in your room count, no matter how they book, through membership, group booking, direct to resort or through a tour operator.

I'm still not sure how to handle the outside vendor policy, most brides just take their chances. Do you know specifically which items you want to use for outside vendors?

#63 FutureMrsHammer

FutureMrsHammer
      • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

I JUST GOT THE CONTRACT WITH MY DATE AND TIME IN MY E-MAIL!!! YAY!! SOOOO EXCITED :-) Now I actually get to do stuff! I have been engaged since June and I have not done much planning! June 16th 2012!!!!! Woohoo!

Moon Palace Bride June 16th, 2012

#64 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

YAY!!!!

#65 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Future Brides,

Whose your wedding coordinator?  Mine is Janina she seems okay so far.

#66 FutureMrsHammer

FutureMrsHammer
            • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

Mine is Pilar, she works with members and my mom is one. :-) She seems pretty good so far as well, she has been giving me quick responses when I e-mail her; hopefully this continues!!

Is anyone doing the complimentary package? That's what I am doing so I can mix and match what I want, but on the "charge authorization form" there is a spot for how much you will be putting as a deposit and how much your final payment will be. I was just going to leave it blank. I know they need a credit card number in case of cancellation but I just wanted to check to see if anyone else did the same?

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Future Brides,

#67 FutureMrsHammer

FutureMrsHammer
              • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

I thought I already posted this but it did not show up so I apologize if you all see it twice

Future Brides,

#68 krsmith

krsmith
                • 528 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

I don't know who mine is yet!!! My FI said when he called they pulled up our name quickly, and had been assigned a WC...but he doesn't think she told him who specifically, and that our WC would MAIL us our contract! I wonder WHY she didn't email it to me?? I would have preffered that...it makes me antsy that we aren't 100% locked in yet! 

Future Brides,

#69 krsmith

krsmith
                  • 528 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

YES!! I agree!

What questions do you think are important for all of us 2012 brides to ask!? 

I was contacted by Vacations For Less Inc. after I submitted a request to Wright TA. It sounds like they will be able to get all the Group "added values". The prices still seem a little high still, but I guess it is to be expected since it is "high season" (I guess)! 

With your big day coming up so soon, is there any other advice/tips you would give us 2012 brides?

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

As an April 2011 Moon Palace bride, here is my word of advice. Once the contract is signed they will be very slow to respond. I try to make a list of several questions, at least 20, because I know it will take at least a week for a response. I also advise getting a TA to handle bookings, it might end up being cheaper that resort pricing. We're members so we're forced to pay a higher rate and now I worry I won't make the group numbers because it's cheaper for guests to book on their own. But at least I know I have enough for the free cocktail hour.

#70 FutureMrsHammer

FutureMrsHammer
                    • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

Mine is Pilar. So far she has been answering my e-mails pretty quickly and she seems helpful. Hopefully it continues!

Future Brides,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users