Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#6241 jackie44

jackie44
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kelly Hopkinson 

Hi,  myselfand my partner are also getting married at the moon palace & have also been advised of this new change and the further hidden fees chrges.  I have however called Thomas Cook and they have assured me that the $460 includes bloods and translation of docs etc and that there are no other fees payable.  Have you been told something different?  We too wanted to have a wedding abroad to make it easier but I have tosay i feel its a bit of a nightmare!!  When are you getting married?

hi kelly...

who ever you spoke to are not right ive just been told we have to pay..$460 hotel admin and gov fees

$40/60 each document that needs tranlating

$190 blood tests each

total cost $920

which i suppose is just the same as paying for a church at home but when you think about how much we pay for the holiday to start with they should at least try to keep this down as low as possible..

we get married the 25 feb 2013 so only 13 weeks to go :) ..when do you get married ?? x

#6242 karla5280

karla5280
    • Site Supporter
    • 19 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

I love all the support everyone is offering in on MP, I don't know how I would have made my decision of MP without all your help.  Now that we have made the decision I wasn't sure what types of room rates people are getting.  My last quote for 10 rooms was about $350 for a couple.  The wedding will be in June 7, 2013 so I would think that being the more rainy time of year the rates might be a little better but I thought I would get everyone else's thoughts.  Can't wait to share this journey with so many of you.

#6243 Kelly Hopkinson

Kelly Hopkinson
      • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hi,  after reading this i have emailed them in order to get everything in writing.  I spoke to the lady that I have been dealing with since Feb and she assured me it is all we had to pay aas when we recently received the email regarding the cost i rang having a heart attack lol!

I will let you know her 'in writing' responce as soon as she emails me back!

We fly out on the 26th Feb and have been allocated the 7th March.  So we will probably see each other :-)  do you know what time you are getting married and where?

Do you have many guests flying out with you?  xx

#6244 jackie44

jackie44
        • 54 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kelly Hopkinson 

Hi,  after reading this i have emailed them in order to get everything in writing.  I spoke to the lady that I have been dealing with since Feb and she assured me it is all we had to pay aas when we recently received the email regarding the cost i rang having a heart attack lol!

I will let you know her 'in writing' responce as soon as she emails me back!

We fly out on the 26th Feb and have been allocated the 7th March.  So we will probably see each other :-)  do you know what time you are getting married and where?

Do you have many guests flying out with you?  xx

let me know what comes back in writing then if this is the case at least if something is in writing it gives you more to argue with..but that is what i was told today :( ..$1000 dollars before you start with any add-ons...

yeh were getting married @4pm and im hoping to confirm the tucan gazebo so fingers crossed for that ..there is 19 booked so far including us 2..with maybe another 4 booking :) ..

are you doing any add-ons..im undecided wether to do any of this 

was thinking cocktail party then reception meal..what plans have you made so far ?

jackie xx

#6245 Kelly Hopkinson

Kelly Hopkinson
          • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hi, I have had management deal with this for me as I wasn't happy at all!  The have confirmed (in writing) the following: $460 government fee - which do include blood tests - $40-60 for translation of docs & in addition £30 for each document that need stampting by the britigh foreign office.  Its the first we knew of this!  Apparently we have to post any oroginal and then the send them back stamped - I presume saying they are true original etc etc!

I have however received an email from a lady I have been dealing with who wants a list of any extras we want in Mexico and it show: $300 - administrative/ Government fees (Legal ceremony) & $49 - translation of marriage licence.  Im now confused again lol!

Who have you been dealing with in Mexico?

we have only 11 in total including us and 3 kids!  So far we haven't booked any add-ons - and don't think were going too.  We were hoping to use the resort credits for photos but they have stopped you being able to use them on photos over the last few month :-(

Was hoping to get the cocktail hour too and we have 10 or more guuest (including us) so was advised that we were eligable however she has sent me an invoice charging $1000 + anpother $500 for an additional hour!  Do you know how many night you need to have to qualify for this?

Was then just going to have a meal.......and lots & lots of alcohol lol xxx

#6246 Krystabab143

Krystabab143
            • 43 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

Ahhhhhh! I can't believe we leave tomorrow!!!!!!☀🌴😍 I still haven't heard from my on site so that's cool but ill stalk her down as soon as I get there! I don't think ill be able to sleep tonight!! Have a great day ladies!

#6247 shan0487

shan0487
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Congrats Krysta!! Have fun!  Don't stress about not hearing from your WC- everything will work itself out once you get there! Enjoy it!! I wish I could go back tomorrow, lol! :)

#6248 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 3,074 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

yes, Enjoy Krystabab143 ! shan0487 has great advice.......it'll all work out great, and you'll have the most amazing wedding as you've dreamed about....... safe travels and exciting journey ahead filled with great times! CHeers :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                    100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#6249 Krystabab143

Krystabab143
                • 43 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

Thank you so much girls! Mani pedi time to relax before we leave Ahhhh.....

#6250 Fruitbinkie2

Fruitbinkie2
                  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

My wedding is March 23rd at Moon Palace. This forum has put me at ease a bit regarding the headache that is the Miami office. I still have a few months but I'm starting to worry because I'm not sure my ceremony and reception spaces have been reserved. Does anyone have contact info for the on-site planners? Phone number, email, anything would help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users