Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#6231 Mca1116

Mca1116
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krystabab143 

Lindsey: we actually leave to go to Leblanc on the 10th for our honeymoon so well just miss each other :0( I'm sure you'll have an amazing wedding as well! Have you talked to your coordinator yet? I've been assigned Valeria but have not received a single email from her yet and I even emailed her introducing myself... I leave on Tuesday so I'm hoping she responds soon!
    Btw I love the idea of skyping the bridesmaid in that sounds like a great idea! My brother is in the marine corps and they won't allow him to travel to Mexico, they say its "not safe" for the military! So I was hoping to do something similar but wasn't sure how that would work...

Just a heads up, the wifi connection at the resort is NOT that great, you get kicked out often and there are times it won't connect at all. I think it is probably because there are so many people logged on at the same time.  Also, the wifi doesn't seem to connect at certain spots on the resort.  I facetime chatted with my family back home in Philly while we were at the resort and our conversation was very delayed and would freeze up while the wifi was trying to stay connected.  I'm not sure if skype is any better, its definitely worth a shot.  

Hopefully you hear from your wedding coordinator before you leave, but if not I'm sure she has everything under control.  They really do an amazing job! Have a great time!  

#6232 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
    • 148 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

SO glad to know you loved Ocean Photo!!! We are going to use them as well so we dont have to worry about any outside fees or anything. These pics came out beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mca1116 

We have been back from Moon Palace for a little over a week now!! Our wedding was AMAZING!!! We had such a great time and all of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to! I will write my review soon.  Here are some of the pics from our photographer.  We used Ocean Photo Studio and I could not be happier with our pictures! They did a great job

#6233 ericamarquez

ericamarquez
      • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

LindseyColleen - Zaray is a great coordinator.  We ended up with her after our original coordinator was out on emergency medical leave.   She was wonderful - quick to respond to emails and phone calls while we were at the resorts.   I know she was swamped the week of my wedding, but she made it a point to stop by at all of my private events. 

#6234 SweetFire

SweetFire
        • Vendor
        • 330 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hey Moon Palace Brides! Just wanted to share a few shots from Lori's most recent wedding at the Moon Palace! Beautiful hotel and a gorgeous background at any of the ceremony venues! Moon Palace - Liz & Chris - Our latest shoot with a gazebo ceremony. Moon Palace - Jessica & Will - A gorgeous wedding with a chapel ceremony. [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/173346/width/500/height/1000[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/173347/width/500/height/1000[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/173348/width/500/height/1000[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/173349/width/350/height/700[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/173350/width/350/height/700[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/173351/width/500/height/1000[/IMG] Happy Planning! Sofia Lori's Office Assistant

#6235 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

I'm back!!!! I will hopefully share photos soon!!! Everything was amazing!!! There were a few minor mishaps- like having the salon redo my hair 3 times, my luggage was forgotten at my in-law's house and we ended up getting it in time to make our flight, phew! :).  Overall, I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding or a more perfect week spent with 39 people who love us dearly.  My wedding was actually at Sun Palace but my welcome/rehersal dinner was at Moon at we stayed at Moon.  Karen was my on-site for my welcome dinner and she was great- so sweet!!  Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer and I will hopefully post a couple pictures today or tomorrow! :)

#6236 Kelly Hopkinson

Kelly Hopkinson
          • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hi,  myselfand my partner are also getting married at the moon palace & have also been advised of this new change and the further hidden fees chrges.  I have however called Thomas Cook and they have assured me that the $460 includes bloods and translation of docs etc and that there are no other fees payable.  Have you been told something different?  We too wanted to have a wedding abroad to make it easier but I have tosay i feel its a bit of a nightmare!!  When are you getting married?

#6237 Rpc51

Rpc51
            • 106 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

I'm back!!!! I will hopefully share photos soon!!! Everything was amazing!!! There were a few minor mishaps- like having the salon redo my hair 3 times, my luggage was forgotten at my in-law's house and we ended up getting it in time to make our flight, phew! :).  Overall, I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding or a more perfect week spent with 39 people who love us dearly.  My wedding was actually at Sun Palace but my welcome/rehersal dinner was at Moon at we stayed at Moon.  Karen was my on-site for my welcome dinner and she was great- so sweet!!  Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer and I will hopefully post a couple pictures today or tomorrow! :)

CONGRAT!!!! 

#6238 shan0487

shan0487
              • 1,393 posts
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thanks RPC!! :)

Here's one! I'll add more later! :)

#6239 Krystabab143

Krystabab143
              • 43 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

Omg! Finally they made a mobile version!!!!!!!! It's been killing my eyes on here with only my iPhone.. I'm always on the go so sitting at my comp is nearly impossible lol! Welcome Back Shan! CONGRATS!Who did u have at the salon? I'm a hairdresser/makeuo artist so ill be doing my own hair/makeup but the entire bridal party and moms are getting hair and makeup done..

#6240 shan0487

shan0487
                • 1,393 posts
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Thanks!  I don't remember her name (I'll have to look at my binder) but she was apparently the best and she had to re-do my hair 3 times....  Alberto is amazing- he made the girls' hair look EXACTLY like the pictures they showed him!!! We were in the Golf Course Salon. 

Originally Posted by Krystabab143 

Omg! Finally they made a mobile version!!!!!!!! It's been killing my eyes on here with only my iPhone.. I'm always on the go so sitting at my comp is nearly impossible lol!
                Welcome
                Back Shan! CONGRATS!Who did u have at the salon? I'm a hairdresser/makeuo artist so ill be doing my own hair/makeup but the entire bridal party and moms are getting hair and makeup done..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users