Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#6151 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Well my fianc© and I leave for Cancun in one week!! We are super excited!!!! Except there always seems to be a bump in the road with something, we were all set and good to go with enough room nights to get us all of the group benefits (we had 80) until hurricane Sandy hit our area!! We now have at least 2 guests who are not going to be able to attend our wedding due to the damage occurred from the storm, that knocks us down to 73 nights :(.   I emailed asking if we could still receive credit for their nights because it is out of their control as to why they will not be attending and was told NO, I can't believe they won't sympathize with us over 2 freaking nights (I'm not asking for credit for all of their nights, just enough to get us back to 75), we had a natural disaster hit our area pretty badly, it's not like our guests had a choice in the matter and just woke up and decided they didn't feel like going to Cancun next week.  My next question to them is going to ask if we can just pay out of pocket for those two nights ourselves.  It still ends up being cheaper then paying for our reception and welcome dinners out of pocket.  I'm really stressed now because we had all of our events budgeted around the unlimited events.  Is anyone else having to deal with something like this?

As far as I know, you CAN buy the two room nights in order to get your free benefits. I know they are stinging about this, but its better than paying. I'm sorry they are being so rude. I'm glad your family is okay though, that's the most important thing. All the best.

#6152 ericamarquez

ericamarquez
    • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

I believe the night of the 8th of Nov. is sold out not only at Moon Palace, but also at Beach and Sun Palace.  There a couple of conventions going on next week.  I have people in my bridal party that waited until the last minute to book their rooms and there is no room for them.   They've had to arrange to stay with other bridal party members that did have reservations.

#6153 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Yikes- really?! What conventions are going on??

I hope there are not any conventions or many when we are there the 19-26. 

Originally Posted by ericamarquez 

I believe the night of the 8th of Nov. is sold out not only at Moon Palace, but also at Beach and Sun Palace.  There a couple of conventions going on next week.  I have people in my bridal party that waited until the last minute to book their rooms and there is no room for them.   They've had to arrange to stay with other bridal party members that did have reservations.

#6154 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
      • Site Supporter
      • 261 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

I just wanted everyone to know that our professional photos came in from Del Sol Photography this week.  They are amazing and we are so glad we chose them.  I wanted to post the link to the slideshow here, in case anyone wants to check out their work.  Chosing them to do our photos was probably the best decision we made. 

Here is the link:

#6155 Speckles121

Speckles121
        • 720 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

I just wanted everyone to know that our professional photos came in from Del Sol Photography this week.  They are amazing and we are so glad we chose them.  I wanted to post the link to the slideshow here, in case anyone wants to check out their work.  Chosing them to do our photos was probably the best decision we made. 

Here is the link:

SIMPLY gorgeous!!!

#6156 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Love the pics!! Love your dress and your reception- it looks like a real Mexican fiesta!! Love it!

Where did you get the things you hung from the ceiling?? I want those for my open house in Jan back home!! :)

#6157 Speckles121

Speckles121
          • 720 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Love the pics!! Love your dress and your reception- it looks like a real Mexican fiesta!! Love it!

Where did you get the things you hung from the ceiling?? I want those for my open house in Jan back home!! :)

those would be wicked cute for your open house..ill be there for that!! haha

#6158 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
            • Site Supporter
            • 261 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

The Mexican flags banners and lights draped across the ceiling came from Zuniga. They set up everything for the reception.

#6159 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
              • 130 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Love the pics!! Love your dress and your reception- it looks like a real Mexican fiesta!! Love it! Where did you get the things you hung from the ceiling?? I want those for my open house in Jan back home!! :)

The flags hanging from the ceiling are called "Papel Picado". It's very traditional for Mexican fiestas, and here's a link to a website that sells them http://www.casabonam...apelpicado.html :)

#6160 shan0487

shan0487
                • 1,393 posts
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Thanks ladies!!!

I leave in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe how fast time has flown by!!!!

Anyone have a great contact in regards to booking excursions?  I have a great contact for the spa/salon already.  I think I have a few saved somewhere, but I figured I'd find out someone more recent if possible! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users