Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#6061 SunnyInVegas

SunnyInVegas
  • Site Supporter
  • 37 posts

    Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

    Ladies -

    I am at Moon Palace now and just had our wedding, cocktail hour and reception yesterday.

    Luckily, the weather was perfect and everything worked out GREAT! For those concerned about the weather for next week, when I looked at the forecast for this week last week, it showed rain all week and I was very worried.

    But, the thing I found out is even if it is going to rain for only 15 mins, it shows rain for that day.

    I have been here now for almost a week, and the most rain we've had is at most once per day, for 15-20mins, and then it's done!

    It's just the time of year. So don't be afraid your whole vacation will be rained out!

     

    I'll be posted a whole bunch more once I get back, got lots of pics of the terraces that I didn't see on here before I left - trying to give back to this awesome site! :-)

     

    Last note - Daniela Lara has been WONDERFUL!!!!



    #6062 Speckles121

    Speckles121
    • Member
    • 720 posts

      Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

      Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas 

      Ladies -

      I am at Moon Palace now and just had our wedding, cocktail hour and reception yesterday.

      Luckily, the weather was perfect and everything worked out GREAT! For those concerned about the weather for next week, when I looked at the forecast for this week last week, it showed rain all week and I was very worried.

      But, the thing I found out is even if it is going to rain for only 15 mins, it shows rain for that day.

      I have been here now for almost a week, and the most rain we've had is at most once per day, for 15-20mins, and then it's done!

      It's just the time of year. So don't be afraid your whole vacation will be rained out!

       

      I'll be posted a whole bunch more once I get back, got lots of pics of the terraces that I didn't see on here before I left - trying to give back to this awesome site! :-)

       

      Last note - Daniela Lara has been WONDERFUL!!!!

       

       

      yayy glad everything turned out wonderfully and you are having a great time!! can't wait to hear all about when you get backkk!!



      #6063 shan0487

      shan0487
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

      Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

      Yaaay!! So happy for you- cant wait to hear more and see all your pics!!!!

      Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas 

      Ladies -

      I am at Moon Palace now and just had our wedding, cocktail hour and reception yesterday.

      Luckily, the weather was perfect and everything worked out GREAT! For those concerned about the weather for next week, when I looked at the forecast for this week last week, it showed rain all week and I was very worried.

      But, the thing I found out is even if it is going to rain for only 15 mins, it shows rain for that day.

      I have been here now for almost a week, and the most rain we've had is at most once per day, for 15-20mins, and then it's done!

      It's just the time of year. So don't be afraid your whole vacation will be rained out!

       

      I'll be posted a whole bunch more once I get back, got lots of pics of the terraces that I didn't see on here before I left - trying to give back to this awesome site! :-)

       

      Last note - Daniela Lara has been WONDERFUL!!!!



      #6064 Matt Adcock

      Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

        Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

        Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas 

        Ladies -

        I am at Moon Palace now and just had our wedding, cocktail hour and reception yesterday.

        Luckily, the weather was perfect and everything worked out GREAT! For those concerned about the weather for next week, when I looked at the forecast for this week last week, it showed rain all week and I was very worried.

        But, the thing I found out is even if it is going to rain for only 15 mins, it shows rain for that day.

        I have been here now for almost a week, and the most rain we've had is at most once per day, for 15-20mins, and then it's done!

        It's just the time of year. So don't be afraid your whole vacation will be rained out!

         

        I'll be posted a whole bunch more once I get back, got lots of pics of the terraces that I didn't see on here before I left - trying to give back to this awesome site! :-)

         

        Last note - Daniela Lara has been WONDERFUL!!!!

        Hi Rebecca,

         

        We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your day and can't thank you enough for choosing us to capture your love story!!!!!!

         

        We'll get back to you as soon as we have something for you to see, but in the meantime, we send you many hugs and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS (you looked gorgeous).



        #6065 EVKnowsitall

        EVKnowsitall
        • Member
        • 593 posts

          Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

          Originally Posted by Matt Adcock 

          Hi chicksmommy,

           

          Smoylan is totally right!!! Just enjoy your love, your moment and let whatever happens happen :)

           

          Remember that the rain can also be fun!!! If you embrace it, it may just give your day a very romantic twist:

           

           

           

           

          When Holly initially contacted us, she was actually hoping for rain on her day to get some cool images. Wish granted:

           

           

           

          Check out her super romantic love story here: http://delsolphotogr...leries/?gal=794

           

          Best wishes!!!!!!!

           

          These are amazing! Makes me feel better about rain! 


          Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

          #6066 EVKnowsitall

          EVKnowsitall
          • Member
          • 593 posts

            Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

            Congrats! Enjoy your weddingmoon!!!!!!! 


            Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

            #6067 chicksmommy

            chicksmommy
            • Newbie
            • 14 posts

              Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

              So apparently there is a tropical storm (named "Patty") heading towards Cancun.. Supposed to hit 10/16-10/18.  Just in time for my wedding. Freakin GREAT.  As much as I have been told there really isn't a need to stress about rain since the showers are usually short- isn't a tropical storm a totally different issue?  I hate this.  So ready for it to be overwith- I can't handle this stress.  A damn tropical storm.. just what I needed 



              #6068 Debbieb1972

              Debbieb1972
              • Newbie
              • 1 posts

                Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

                Hi,

                 

                I'm new to this site, leave for Moon Palace in 5 weeks - soooo excited, can't wait now.  Am liaising with Renee my WC and just have a few questions if anyone can help as we haven't been out there before so trying to judge everything by reviews / photos on the web.

                 

                We have been booked at the Chapel for our wedding and cocktail reception - we are not religious and although it does look stunning, in some of the pictures there's crosses and religious ornaments which we wouldn't want - would anyone recommend changing gazebo to Bugambilias or staying at the chapel (can we have cross etc taken out)

                 

                I've read we can play music from Ipod during cocktail reception - do you know if they have player for Iphone ??  If not I'll use kids Ipods :-)

                 

                Are there any recommendations for the food during cocktail hour ?

                 

                It all seems to be getting real now and lots of questions popping up :-)

                 

                Thanks in advance,



                #6069 shan0487

                shan0487
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,393 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

                Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

                Keep positive thoughts- I will be thinking about you and hoping the storm misses Cancun!!

                 

                 

                6 weeks for me and I finally got a copy of our prelimanary purchase order yesterday!! Yay!! :)

                Originally Posted by chicksmommy 

                So apparently there is a tropical storm (named "Patty") heading towards Cancun.. Supposed to hit 10/16-10/18.  Just in time for my wedding. Freakin GREAT.  As much as I have been told there really isn't a need to stress about rain since the showers are usually short- isn't a tropical storm a totally different issue?  I hate this.  So ready for it to be overwith- I can't handle this stress.  A damn tropical storm.. just what I needed 



                #6070 CurlyBride

                CurlyBride
                • Newbie
                • 46 posts

                  Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

                  Hey girl,

                   

                  I have 30 days left exactly and just received my final PO last night thankfully.

                   

                  Anyone have location suggestions for rehearsal dinner and meet and greet?

                   

                  How about telling my guests to just meet at the sunrise swing bar for the meet and greet? good or bad idea?

                   

                  Also are people tipping their wedding planners and photographers and djs. how much?

                   

                  Thanks ladies, cant do this without you

                   

                   

                  Originally Posted by shan0487 

                  Keep positive thoughts- I will be thinking about you and hoping the storm misses Cancun!!

                   

                   

                  6 weeks for me and I finally got a copy of our prelimanary purchase order yesterday!! Yay!! :)






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users