• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#6041 chicksmommy

chicksmommy
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kerry Robertson 

i fly out on tuesday! eeek!

i am a little nervous now i have looked at the weather forcast looks like rain :(

really want my wedding to be outside....

Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas 

I fly out on Wednesday, crazy it's almost here...

The weather does show for rain, but when I was in Cancun last time the rain was sporadic and not crazy most days. Even to where it was raining in one area and not in another.

For a few days, it was consistent - sunny and awesome weather until about 2pm, then the clouds rolled in and the rain was so hard you literally saw a wall of water coming towards the shoreline from the ocean. It would rain for about an hour, then stop and be sunny again!

Just keep your fingers crossed, and even if it does rain, keep perspective on what's important and don't let the logistics of the day take away the good parts!

Yeah I am pretty much freaking out.. We leave on 10/15, and i'm driving myself crazy looking at the 10-day forecast already!  Nothing but rain every day.. every freakin day!  What was I thinking booking a wedding at the peak of the damn hurricane season??  Ugh.  I know everyone says to not focus on the weather, but rather what we're there for- but I can't help it.  It WILL ruin the trip if it rains the entire time.. period.  At least for me.. I wish I was more positive about stuff :(

#6042 jackie44

jackie44
    • 54 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

can somebody tell me what tables and decor you get when having the cocktail hr ? 

#6043 Speckles121

Speckles121
      • 720 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

I believe you just get the basic white linens for decor or cocktails..they dont go above andbeyond for that

#6044 ericamarquez

ericamarquez
        • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Hello ladies,

I'm also a November bride - 11/9/12.   Has anyone had any luck negotiating with the in-house vendors?   More specifically Zuniga and JSAV? 

#6045 Speckles121

Speckles121
          • 720 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by ericamarquez 

Hello ladies,

I'm also a November bride - 11/9/12.   Has anyone had any luck negotiating with the in-house vendors?   More specifically Zuniga and JSAV? 

I'm pretty sure there prices are set in stone..if not let me know how you make out bc i'd love to renegotiate!

#6046 chicksmommy

chicksmommy
            • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

I REALLY hope this is wrong..

http://www.accuweath...-weather/235049

My wedding is on the 18th.. we will be there from the 15th to the 21st. Nothing but rain the entire time.  I'm freaking out.. I mean, full-on anxiety attack right now.

#6047 Speckles121

Speckles121
              • 720 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by chicksmommy 

I REALLY hope this is wrong..

http://www.accuweath...-weather/235049

My wedding is on the 18th.. we will be there from the 15th to the 21st. Nothing but rain the entire time.  I'm freaking out.. I mean, full-on anxiety attack right now.

ohh no :( i hope that its just showers and they are quick rain spurts

#6048 shaheenie

shaheenie
                • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hey guys!

Can I ask, for those who have gone and come back - did you have your hair and make up done at Moon Palace, who did you use and would you recommend them?

Thanks so much!

#6049 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
                  • 130 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

I would recommend using PSAV instead of JSAV. They are like $100 cheaper for the exact same thing...Don't know why lol

Originally Posted by ericamarquez 

Hello ladies,

#6050 ericamarquez

ericamarquez
                    • 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thank you ladies!   I was recently told that Moon Palace was no longer allowing brides to book through PSAV but would still honor contracts signed previoulsy.  PSAV said that is not the case and that my coordinator was misinformed.  I'm just going to play it safe and go with JSAV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users