Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6466 replies to this topic

#5941 Speckles121

Speckles121
  • Member
  • 720 posts

    Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

    Marvin required a 50% deposit from me.. so I guess it all depends on how much you are ordering.

     

    Ohhh no mwells..still nothing?? Have you tried to cc other people to the emails as well because I haven't been having a problem with Daniela responding. Or try forwarding to her again with a diffrent subject line??

     

    If theres anything I can do to help let me know :)



    #5942 mwells

    mwells
    • Newbie
    • 75 posts

      Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

      Originally Posted by Speckles121 

      Marvin required a 50% deposit from me.. so I guess it all depends on how much you are ordering.

       

      Ohhh no mwells..still nothing?? Have you tried to cc other people to the emails as well because I haven't been having a problem with Daniela responding. Or try forwarding to her again with a diffrent subject line??

       

      If theres anything I can do to help let me know :)

       

      Hi Speckles121! 

       

      A week ago I sent the checklist back to Maria and asked for an update and still haven't received a response.  So today I finally copied Daniela since that has helped in the past, so now I'm just waiting to see if anything happens. 

       

      I haven't even had our Sunday brunch location finalized because Maria said there was so many events on that Sunday she wasn't sure where to put us.  How do I put that on the schedule for guests?  There is a brunch---somewhere---hope you can find us??

       

      It's just really frustrating and everything is just up in the air, it makes me feel like its going to be thrown together at the last minute and not end up how I've been planning.



      #5943 CurlyBride

      CurlyBride
      • Newbie
      • 46 posts

        Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

        Hi ladies,

         

        i feel your frustrations as well. I am in the same boat, trying to finalize all so i can start printing. I was not recieving any word back from Maria so I called 1877PAL4WED and the 1st person that answered I explained my frustration.. i think it was a Norma, I said its so terrible that I might cancel because in that moment i totally felt that way... she transfered me to Maria and we spoke, she started emailing me. I told her straight up. If you want me to pay for anything I need to finalize it all and i need help to do that. She has been good about eveyrthing since. Im speaking with JSAV, PSAV and Smile Market, to figure out prices and get quotes and just be DONE with this damn planning.



        #5944 Speckles121

        Speckles121
        • Member
        • 720 posts

          Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

          Originally Posted by mwells 

           

          Hi Speckles121! 

           

          A week ago I sent the checklist back to Maria and asked for an update and still haven't received a response.  So today I finally copied Daniela since that has helped in the past, so now I'm just waiting to see if anything happens. 

           

          I haven't even had our Sunday brunch location finalized because Maria said there was so many events on that Sunday she wasn't sure where to put us.  How do I put that on the schedule for guests?  There is a brunch---somewhere---hope you can find us??

           

          It's just really frustrating and everything is just up in the air, it makes me feel like its going to be thrown together at the last minute and not end up how I've been planning.

           

          I would definately cc  Daniela, Claudia (Claudia Alejandra Fonseca Sanchez <cfonseca@palaceresorts.com>;), Joannis ('Joannis Rondon' <jrodon@hrhaic.com>;) and Lucy (Lucy Martinez Ramirez <lumartinez@palaceresorts.com>;) on all your emails..your wedding is ALOT closer than mine is and its time they give you answers!!! Those are all the people I contacted originally.

           

          Did you pick a restaurant for your brunch?? If you havent and were letting Maria decide, I would just plan on a specific restaurant, tell your guests and the day of your meeting with your coordinator express your fustration (if Maria doesnt give it to you) and they will most likely do ANYTHING to help you out.



          #5945 mwells

          mwells
          • Newbie
          • 75 posts

            Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

            Originally Posted by Speckles121 

             

            I would definately cc  Daniela, Claudia (Claudia Alejandra Fonseca Sanchez <cfonseca@palaceresorts.com>;), Joannis ('Joannis Rondon' <jrodon@hrhaic.com>;) and Lucy (Lucy Martinez Ramirez <lumartinez@palaceresorts.com>;) on all your emails..your wedding is ALOT closer than mine is and its time they give you answers!!! Those are all the people I contacted originally.

             

            Did you pick a restaurant for your brunch?? If you havent and were letting Maria decide, I would just plan on a specific restaurant, tell your guests and the day of your meeting with your coordinator express your fustration (if Maria doesnt give it to you) and they will most likely do ANYTHING to help you out.

             

            We are having a private brunch in a ballroom which i don't really know if it's needed, and really second guessing it now. 

             

            I finally got a response...thank god for Daniela.  Maria sent back my PO and it was all completely wrong.  Everything!  She even asked me to send back the picture of the cakes because she didn't know which one it was.  I also am fighting with them over the unlimited times for the events as well without the extra charges, since I signed my contract back in 2011.  The cake had the wrong flavors, the menu for the reception had the salad as the main course.  I'm sure it can all be quickly fixed, I just dread the thought that it may take another 3 weeks to get a response again.  If thats the case we might as well meet face to face because it's that close to the time I'll be there.  Don't they know the waiting for a response is the worst part??  Mistakes happen and thats fine...its the lack of response that causes the unnecessary stress, we already have enough as it is!

             

            I hope everyone else has responsive coordinators.  It shouldn't take me copying others just to get an answer.  I've been holding it in this entire time but I definitely let her know how I felt today!!! 

             

            Sorry all, I'm done venting now!



            #5946 SunnyInVegas

            SunnyInVegas
            • Site Supporter
            • 37 posts

              Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

              Daniela has really been a god send! She is responsive and so nice, a huge weight lifted off my shoulders with her as my contact and trying to organize everything with 35 people coming. I'm looking forward to meeting her in person and definitely plan on bringing her a big tip for after the wedding. Moon Palace should have her train the other coordinators!

               

              For the extra events, like a brunch or welcome dinner, it was hard for me to justify spending the extra money they charge for the terraces (beach and upper level terraces). I saw the Art Terrace in another girls review and thought it would be perfect. Given where we are, I didn't want events in the ballroom, and the Art Terrace overlooks the pools and the ocean (at least as far as I could tell from the photos), and it is just outside of one the restaurants, so there isn't an additional charge (so long as you have the free events). Win - Win!



              #5947 Speckles121

              Speckles121
              • Member
              • 720 posts

                Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

                I'm sure they are all super busy with all of us..but how can you send out a PO and it be completely wrong?? Thats aweful!! Once you meet her face to face, if I were you I would yell scream and kick til I got what I want since you are so close to your wedding and not getting anything you want accomplished because of her!

                 

                Originally Posted by mwells 

                 

                We are having a private brunch in a ballroom which i don't really know if it's needed, and really second guessing it now. 

                 

                I finally got a response...thank god for Daniela.  Maria sent back my PO and it was all completely wrong.  Everything!  She even asked me to send back the picture of the cakes because she didn't know which one it was.  I also am fighting with them over the unlimited times for the events as well without the extra charges, since I signed my contract back in 2011.  The cake had the wrong flavors, the menu for the reception had the salad as the main course.  I'm sure it can all be quickly fixed, I just dread the thought that it may take another 3 weeks to get a response again.  If thats the case we might as well meet face to face because it's that close to the time I'll be there.  Don't they know the waiting for a response is the worst part??  Mistakes happen and thats fine...its the lack of response that causes the unnecessary stress, we already have enough as it is!

                 

                I hope everyone else has responsive coordinators.  It shouldn't take me copying others just to get an answer.  I've been holding it in this entire time but I definitely let her know how I felt today!!! 

                 

                Sorry all, I'm done venting now!

                 

                I have to completely agree with you..she has been amazing..i've changed the same thing 3 times in the last month (because i am that undecisive) and she has not complained at all and has fixed it all immediately! I plan on bringing her a nice tip too..she definately has put me at ease!!

                 

                 

                Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas 

                Daniela has really been a god send! She is responsive and so nice, a huge weight lifted off my shoulders with her as my contact and trying to organize everything with 35 people coming. I'm looking forward to meeting her in person and definitely plan on bringing her a big tip for after the wedding. Moon Palace should have her train the other coordinators!

                 

                For the extra events, like a brunch or welcome dinner, it was hard for me to justify spending the extra money they charge for the terraces (beach and upper level terraces). I saw the Art Terrace in another girls review and thought it would be perfect. Given where we are, I didn't want events in the ballroom, and the Art Terrace overlooks the pools and the ocean (at least as far as I could tell from the photos), and it is just outside of one the restaurants, so there isn't an additional charge (so long as you have the free events). Win - Win!



                #5948 ateshack

                ateshack
                • Newbie
                • 5 posts

                  Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

                  I am getting married the week after you and have nothing set! I had Maria as my coordinator so maybe I should try Daniela.



                  #5949 mwells

                  mwells
                  • Newbie
                  • 75 posts

                    Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

                    Originally Posted by ateshack 

                    I am getting married the week after you and have nothing set! I had Maria as my coordinator so maybe I should try Daniela.

                     

                    I would copy Daniela on everything, she will reply faster. 

                     

                    Today I got the news from Maria they are switching my reception location.  She couldn't tell me where, just that it wouldn't be in the Star ballroom (and I still don't have a location for the Sunday brunch) .. I have already went through a printing company and printed schedules (not cheap!!!).  So I'm pretty angry right about now!  How can you do that so close, and why are they just now figuring that a move is needed this close?  They seriously need to get it together.  It's not a really small party, not huge, but there is 64-66 people. I just can't believe locations are just up in the air like that, when other coordinators are having no problem booking locations.

                     

                    I told Maria I want a manager to contact me if this is indeed the case....I bet you anything I will not hear from anyone for weeks. 



                    #5950 Speckles121

                    Speckles121
                    • Member
                    • 720 posts

                      Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

                      Originally Posted by mwells 

                       

                      I would copy Daniela on everything, she will reply faster. 

                       

                      Today I got the news from Maria they are switching my reception location.  She couldn't tell me where, just that it wouldn't be in the Star ballroom (and I still don't have a location for the Sunday brunch) .. I have already went through a printing company and printed schedules (not cheap!!!).  So I'm pretty angry right about now!  How can you do that so close, and why are they just now figuring that a move is needed this close?  They seriously need to get it together.  It's not a really small party, not huge, but there is 64-66 people. I just can't believe locations are just up in the air like that, when other coordinators are having no problem booking locations.

                       

                      I told Maria I want a manager to contact me if this is indeed the case....I bet you anything I will not hear from anyone for weeks. 

                       

                       

                      Holy crap..I would be on the phone spending hundred in international calls to get ahold of someone there! Did she say why she switched your location?? Thats so aweful..I'm so sorry you are going through this and have this much stress on your shoulders.






                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users