• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5871 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tarz Shyshko 

Professional photos from wedding! came out really nice

Your pictures are beautiful!!! Who was your photographer???

#5872 airica26

airica26
    • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Laura1220 

Interesting because I did book prior to march 1!  I booked end of Feb!

I booked prior to March and I was told that I get a 1 hour cocktail and 2 hours reception. I am under the impression that you get unlimited functions but they can not be more than 3 hours per day. So you could do one every day of your stay but they are only allowed to be 3 hours all together.
      I was also told that it is $60 per table per hour and that includes keeping the bartender there for those hours.

Resort and wedding day booked. Here we go.

#5873 BrandyMarie1023

BrandyMarie1023
      • 6 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic
      • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

With the changes currently going on and your date being so far away it might take them a week or two

Thank you Speckles121!!!

#5874 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
      • 148 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

So I sent out Save the Dates back in May for my wedding in May 2013. I havent really gotten much of a response yet and only a few people have contacted my travel agent.  Im not nervous yet because I still have 9 months until the wedding but I was thinking about sending some sort of "reminder" around November with my travel agent's information and stuff on it.

Did anyone else do this? And if so, what did you do? Maybe like a post card or something cute?? I just want to remind people that they can contact her and put down a deposit and pay as they go instead of paying all at once!

#5875 Laura1220

Laura1220
        • Site Supporter
        • 60 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by dzaccaria 

So I sent out Save the Dates back in May for my wedding in May 2013. I havent really gotten much of a response yet and only a few people have contacted my travel agent.  Im not nervous yet because I still have 9 months until the wedding but I was thinking about sending some sort of "reminder" around November with my travel agent's information and stuff on it.

Did anyone else do this? And if so, what did you do? Maybe like a post card or something cute?? I just want to remind people that they can contact her and put down a deposit and pay as they go instead of paying all at once!

I also received little response after my STD's went out.  I waited until flights became available and then I emailed everyone on my guest list to remind them that its the best time to book because flights are usually the cheapest when they first come out.  I got a few reservations after that email.

Then I sent another email about 2 months after with the increase in the flight cost to show them that its going to cost them more the longer they wait.  In both emails I stated that they should put a deposit on the room to ensure the group rate.

It helped a little but I think most people will wait until the actual invitations are sent.

#5876 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
          • 148 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

Good idea with the email... I will probably try doing that as a little reminder! How far in advance do you plan on sending out your actual invitations???

I also received little response after my STD's went out.  I waited until flights became available and then I emailed everyone on my guest list to remind them that its the best time to book because flights are usually the cheapest when they first come out.  I got a few reservations after that email.

Then I sent another email about 2 months after with the increase in the flight cost to show them that its going to cost them more the longer they wait.  In both emails I stated that they should put a deposit on the room to ensure the group rate.

It helped a little but I think most people will wait until the actual invitations are sent.

#5877 LRDubbs

LRDubbs
            • 40 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Good luck and congrats! Yes, we would love to see pictures of the beach set up! :)

#5878 Laura1220

Laura1220
              • Site Supporter
              • 60 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by dzaccaria 

Good idea with the email... I will probably try doing that as a little reminder! How far in advance do you plan on sending out your actual invitations???

I was thinking of sending them in October, which is 6 months before the wedding.  I do not know if that is too early though.  What were you planning to do?

#5879 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
                • 148 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

I was thinking of sending them in October, which is 6 months before the wedding.  I do not know if that is too early though.  What were you planning to do?

Ive been debating if i wanna send them in November or January... i wanted either before or after the Holiday. Im leaning more towards November now though! i think the 6 month mark is a good idea!

#5880 emma112

emma112
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi all, just wondering if anyone had any problems sending emails to resort planner Maria. Have nee in contact but know none my emails to her will send???????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users