Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5771 Speckles121

Speckles121
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

I received my PO too! Luckily we can make payments towards it leading up to it!

Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas 

After confirming locations and extras with Daniela over email, I got a Purchase Order from her saying that we had to pay before we arrive.

This was the first I've heard of this, given that as far as I knew we could pay at checkout for these items.

But, given the awesomeness of Daniela so far, her quick responses and the fact that the changes the wedding department has made look to be for the best, I'm not going to question it. We have to pay for everything else for a trip like this in advance, so why not the wedding extras as well.

#5772 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

Ugh..I'm so jealous! :)  My girl at Sun Palace hasn't emailed me anything after my phone call with her on Friday. I even forwarded her the important emails with my Miami Coordinator and still nothing!!  Cailtin my girl- can you send me your purchase order too- so I can see what yours looks like?! thanks a million as always!! Maybe one day soon I will get something I can send to you- haha! :)

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

I received my PO too! Luckily we can make payments towards it leading up to it!

#5773 Speckles121

Speckles121
    • 720 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

OF COURSEEEEEEEEE I can :-D  No worries..just have a drink for me in Mexicoooo

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Ugh..I'm so jealous! :)  My girl at Sun Palace hasn't emailed me anything after my phone call with her on Friday. I even forwarded her the important emails with my Miami Coordinator and still nothing!!  Cailtin my girl- can you send me your purchase order too- so I can see what yours looks like?! thanks a million as always!! Maybe one day soon I will get something I can send to you- haha! :)

#5774 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

Haha, thanks love!!! I can do that!!!! :)

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

OF COURSEEEEEEEEE I can :-D  No worries..just have a drink for me in Mexicoooo

#5775 LaurenCieply

LaurenCieply
      • 41 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hello all,

So I am sure many of you may have been or are in this situation. When I brought up having a destination wedding mostly everyone was in, however, now that it is a reality some of my very best friends may be unable to go. (one just found out she is pregnant, the other is not sure about affording it..etc). So I am having an informal reception back home. Can I still honor my girls who are unable to go? Or is this kinds weird since they technically will not be at my wedding.

My thoughts were have everyone buy a certain color formal dress (not exact but matching) and then before the party/reception back here get some pictures taken professionally so I have some of my closest friends with my dress. We will not have a bridal table or anything, but maybe I can call them my VIP crew or something funny.

Let me know your ideas:) Thanks for all your helps girls:)

Lauren

#5776 DSanz

DSanz
        • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hello all, So I am sure many of you may have been or are in this situation. When I brought up having a destination wedding mostly everyone was in, however, now that it is a reality some of my very best friends may be unable to go. (one just found out she is pregnant, the other is not sure about affording it..etc). So I am having an informal reception back home. Can I still honor my girls who are unable to go? Or is this kinds weird since they technically will not be at my wedding. My thoughts were have everyone buy a certain color formal dress (not exact but matching) and then before the party/reception back here get some pictures taken professionally so I have some of my closest friends with my dress. We will not have a bridal table or anything, but maybe I can call them my VIP crew or something funny. Let me know your ideas:) Thanks for all your helps girls:) Lauren

Hey lady, Do not feel alone, I am in the same situation. I think it happens all at once and it is pretty sad, but you need to respect people's lives and responsibilities. Try to stay calm and know the path ahead is filled with drama and you can laugh when it is over. We are all here for you, and just know your day will be amazing. D

#5777 Speckles121

Speckles121
          • 720 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by LaurenCieply 

Hello all,

So I am sure many of you may have been or are in this situation. When I brought up having a destination wedding mostly everyone was in, however, now that it is a reality some of my very best friends may be unable to go. (one just found out she is pregnant, the other is not sure about affording it..etc). So I am having an informal reception back home. Can I still honor my girls who are unable to go? Or is this kinds weird since they technically will not be at my wedding.

My thoughts were have everyone buy a certain color formal dress (not exact but matching) and then before the party/reception back here get some pictures taken professionally so I have some of my closest friends with my dress. We will not have a bridal table or anything, but maybe I can call them my VIP crew or something funny.

Lauren

your not alone at all..i don't think its weird. i think its cute that your gonna call them your VIP crew rather than your "bridal party".

#5778 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

I agree, it is not weird at all- it is your wedding and you can do whatever you want! If it is important for them to share you wedding with you whether in Mexico or the AHR, then I think you have a great idea!  Luckily, all of my best friends are making the trip to Mexico, otherwise I would have done the same thing- photos are VERY important to me and not having my girls in wedding photos would be very sad to me! So go for it! :) You have plenty of time to figure it all out!

Hello all,

Lauren

#5779 Ladystardust

Ladystardust
            • 79 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hello all,

Lauren

Hey Lauren,

I'm i a similar position to you:  My maid of honour to be; became pregnant just after we booked up for our wedding.  The baby will be approx 10mths when we travel but as we are coming from the UK (11 hour flight) she didn't want to subject the rest of the passengers to a whiny baby and also thought it wasn't fair on the baby.  Whilst i am disappointed she cant come, i am over the moon for her.

I will be involving her completely with finding my dress, the other bridesmaids dresses and any other planning.  I will also buy her a gift along with the other girls.

Do what you feel comfortable with and I'm sure your girls would love to be involved in the final outcome of your day 

#5780 mwells

mwells
              • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

So I am having the hardest time trying to decide on what overlays, color chairs, etc to order from Zuniga...Anyone want to share their decor ideas and colors?

My colors are passion pink (thats the name from the bridesmaid dresses, its like a pink mixed with coral color) and really light tan.

I don't know if I should go with the brown or silver tiffany chairs with white linens or gold tiffany chairs with champagne linens for a warmer feel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users