Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5711 leenancy

leenancy
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

You'll love Gonzalo. He did our wedding and TTD. He's such a nice guy and was so patient with me and some changes I made last minute. I haven't gotten my pictures back yet, but I'm sure they'll turn out beautifully.

Originally Posted by CurlyBride 

Hi ladies... so my Fi and I are using Smile Market for the wedding day photoes, starting from getting ready and going into the night. I just decided to go with Gonzalo Nunez for our TTD and cenote... so exciteddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!! Originally i thought of using Del Sol but the prices are just way to high and I followed Gonzalo on facebook and now completely love his work.

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
    2 Guests booked through other services

#5712 Mca1116

Mca1116
    • 37 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

For those past brides who have had a symbolic ceremony.... Did your guests or bridal party have any way of knowing you were only having the symbolic ceremony? I don't want anyone to know we will already be married in the states before we leave for Mexico.

#5713 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

NOPE, no one KNEW!!  No one questions and frankly I think this is the furthest thing from their mind.  Afterwards you sign a certificate versus the thumb print. 

Originally Posted by Mca1116 

For those past brides who have had a symbolic ceremony....
        Did your guests or bridal party have any way of knowing you were only having the symbolic ceremony?
        I don't want anyone to know we will already be married in the states before we leave for Mexico.

#5714 LaurenCieply

LaurenCieply
        • 41 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

I am going to use Smile Market also. They have a lot of really impressive vendor reviews, and their pictures are really good. I am glad  I liked them because I did not want to have to pay to many outside vendor fees. However, I am going to use Mike Cantrell for my video services. I am in love with his highlight videos. I am only going to get professional pictures of the ceramony and formal pictures on the beach with family and bridal party. I figure I would have lots of video footage of me getting ready and of the reception. II thought this was most pratical money wise. I think I would be more likely to pop in a video then go and dig a million pictures out for dozens of albums.    

I am sure that your pictures will be really nice:)                                         

#5715 LRDubbs

LRDubbs
          • 40 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi Ladies,

My big day will be next year October 19, 2013. I am a finalist in the AMW Destination Wedding Photography Contest. I am reaching out to you all to vote for me and my fiance (LaShawn and Cedric) in this contest and please  please please share with your friends. The link is below 

https://amwstudios.com/index.php/blog/

Thank you all and I wish you all well in planning for the big day! I just got confirmation from the Hard Rock Punta Cana for my big day, so now it is full steam ahead! I am excited! :)

#5716 DSanz

DSanz
            • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hey Everyone,

Just want to start by saying thank you again for all your help and amazing input!

I have a question about payment, has anyone been asked to pay in full before you even get there? I saw a lot of comments about charging the wedding to the room, but no mention about being asked to pay in full in advance.  I can understand a deposit but not paying in advance.

Thanks,

D

#5717 Speckles121

Speckles121
              • 720 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

Voted :)

Originally Posted by LRDubbs 

Hi Ladies,

My big day will be next year October 19, 2013. I am a finalist in the AMW Destination Wedding Photography Contest. I am reaching out to you all to vote for me and my fiance (LaShawn and Cedric) in this contest and please  please please share with your friends. The link is below 

https://amwstudios.com/index.php/blog/

Thank you all and I wish you all well in planning for the big day! I just got confirmation from the Hard Rock Punta Cana for my big day, so now it is full steam ahead! I am excited! :)

#5718 mwells

mwells
                • 75 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

Well its been a exciting few days for me..

Daniela from MP FINALLLYYYYYY contacted me, put me a little more at ease knowing our wedding reservation was not mixed up. She sent a bunch of information all in one email! We'll see how it goes from here on out.

Also my wonderful mother and bridesmaids threw my fiance and I a bridal shower on Saturday. It was a big surprise because my MOH (who is 7 months pregnant) lives in AZ so she randomly showed up at my house on Saturday morning to surprise me and let me know that it was today! It was great, only about 20 people but it was set up so nicely. It was a beach theme with pink and green (which are our colors). We even got to FINALLY see our engagement pictures, one of my bridesmaids asked her for a few and she made a mock "luggage tag" with the pictures!! I'll try to add some photos tonight of it all!

Hope everyone on here is doing well!!

Yay!!!  I am so glad you've got the ball rolling!  I finally heard back about securing locations from my coordinator too, after copying a few coordinators on an email.  A little pushing and a lot of complaining was all that was needed!    Can't wait to see your pics!

#5719 mwells

mwells
                  • 75 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

I also ordered my cake topper from Mudcards off of Etsy!

I am excited to see how it turns out but I won't be getting it back until the end of September.  Here is a sample below:

#5720 Speckles121

Speckles121
                    • 720 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

ahhh <3 it!!! cant wait to see the final product!! i was gonna use mudcards..but i think we are going to do custom bobbleheads instead!! :)

Originally Posted by mwells 

I also ordered my cake topper from Mudcards off of Etsy!

I am excited to see how it turns out but I won't be getting it back until the end of September.  Here is a sample below:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users