Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5581 Smoylan

Smoylan
  • Jr. Member
  • 202 posts

    Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

    Originally Posted by Misskris6 

    So sorry to hear about the rain but I'm glad you had a great time anyway :)

     

    I have a quick question - when you say "do not try to do or get anything ahead of time except your locations" - does that include locations for the rehearsal dinner, welcome dinner, etc.  What about planning your menus for the cocktail hour and reception?  I'm planning on making menu cards and would like to include a program of the wedding day and at least the day before for our guests so I assume I need to know this information before I go?  Just wondering how you did it!

    What I meant was if you try to go through someone other than your wedding coordinator you may end up paying what they have in print.... My coordinator set up everything for free. We also had little lanterns on our tables and battery operated tea lights which they put out for us. I knew that they wouldn't leave a table bare....although our cake was supposed to have flowers on top and it was bare..

     

    Also, I didn't want to have nightly events even though we qualified for unlimited events. I wanted people to do be able to their own thing, but funny enough everyone wanted to hang out with each other ;) That was kind of a pain because we were all spread out and restaurants cant take more than 10 or 12 people and reservations are hard to make and you still wait. So looking back I kind of wished we utilized out=r unlimited events with cocktail parties on terraces or even dinners in a gazebo. Had we done that, we would have had the outside events I wanted for my wedding!!

     

    You can get a PDF of all the buffet and hors deorves options, but it changed in a few months, so I would wait on that. But you can still do menu cards , even if it changed again I'm pretty sure you could get what you have written down because they really do aim to please once you are there!

     

    I really wanted Arrifices for our welcome dinner and I was told it was booked at 6 and we couldn't have it later than that. My coordinator put us in for an 8pm dinner reservation, and the tables were ready and set up perfectly at 7:30. 

     

    She just kept saying...what do you want..I feel like I could have don anything at that meeting, where I was told otherwise by Joannis in Miami. 



    #5582 CafeDelMar21

    CafeDelMar21
    • Newbie
    • 130 posts

      Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

      Originally Posted by dicatelo 

      Could anyone share DecoCancun/ZuĀ±iga prices PLEASEEE?

      It all depends what you want and the time of the year. You can contact Katie and ask for prices, she is prompt and really nice, katie@decocancun.com



      #5583 Misskris6

      Misskris6
      • Site Supporter
      • 12 posts

        Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

        Thanks for the info!  Good to know about the laterns and tea lights too because I don't want to spend TOO much on decorations, so it would be nice if they throw in some stuff!  I'm currently 6 months out, so I'm not really stressing yet about the final details and I'll definitely wait on picking out the menus.  Hopefully with the new coordinators in Cancun, things will go more smoothly than they have for brides in the past. We're thinking we're going to have anywhere from 60-75 guests so I think I'm going to have to use our unlimited events because I know our family and friends will want to spend a lot of time with us too!

        Originally Posted by Smoylan 

        What I meant was if you try to go through someone other than your wedding coordinator you may end up paying what they have in print.... My coordinator set up everything for free. We also had little lanterns on our tables and battery operated tea lights which they put out for us. I knew that they wouldn't leave a table bare....although our cake was supposed to have flowers on top and it was bare..

         

        Also, I didn't want to have nightly events even though we qualified for unlimited events. I wanted people to do be able to their own thing, but funny enough everyone wanted to hang out with each other ;) That was kind of a pain because we were all spread out and restaurants cant take more than 10 or 12 people and reservations are hard to make and you still wait. So looking back I kind of wished we utilized out=r unlimited events with cocktail parties on terraces or even dinners in a gazebo. Had we done that, we would have had the outside events I wanted for my wedding!!

         

        You can get a PDF of all the buffet and hors deorves options, but it changed in a few months, so I would wait on that. But you can still do menu cards , even if it changed again I'm pretty sure you could get what you have written down because they really do aim to please once you are there!

         

        I really wanted Arrifices for our welcome dinner and I was told it was booked at 6 and we couldn't have it later than that. My coordinator put us in for an 8pm dinner reservation, and the tables were ready and set up perfectly at 7:30. 

         

        She just kept saying...what do you want..I feel like I could have don anything at that meeting, where I was told otherwise by Joannis in Miami. 



        #5584 dicatelo

        dicatelo
        • Newbie
        • 15 posts

          Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

          Originally Posted by CafeDelMar21 

          It all depends what you want and the time of the year. You can contact Katie and ask for prices, she is prompt and really nice, katie@decocancun.com

          Thanks Cafedelmar21 :) I'll try contacting Katie.



          #5585 Kikidee

          Kikidee
          • Newbie
          • 7 posts

            Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

            Hello I am new to this site and was looking for more and more information....when it comes to the complimentary collection, is the dinner for free???? Like do they still give you a choice, or allow you to choose what you would want to eat???



            #5586 mrsbruff2b

            mrsbruff2b
            • Jr. Member
            • 385 posts

              Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

              The dinner at a restaurant is free.

              And you usually have to choose from a set menu (they give you the menu, you choose one from each category of app, soup, entree, dessert).

               

              Originally Posted by Kikidee 

              Hello I am new to this site and was looking for more and more information....when it comes to the complimentary collection, is the dinner for free???? Like do they still give you a choice, or allow you to choose what you would want to eat???


              Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

              Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

              Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)


              #5587 Kikidee

              Kikidee
              • Newbie
              • 7 posts

                Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

                Thank you so much :) Also, when it comes to booking and reserving the blocked rooms when should I do that??? How many months in advance???
                 



                #5588 Speckles121

                Speckles121
                • Member
                • 720 posts

                  Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

                  I had my travel agent contact moon palace 1 year in advance for room blocks so people could start booking!

                  Originally Posted by Kikidee 

                  Thank you so much :) Also, when it comes to booking and reserving the blocked rooms when should I do that??? How many months in advance???
                   



                  #5589 LaurenCieply

                  LaurenCieply
                  • Newbie
                  • 41 posts

                    Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

                    What videographer did you use. I really thought this video was absolutely amazing!!!



                    #5590 CafeDelMar21

                    CafeDelMar21
                    • Newbie
                    • 130 posts

                      Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

                      So has anyone been contacted by the new Cancun office?? I want to ask questions since I am under 4 months to go :( :(






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users