• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5491 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
  • Site Supporter
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

Thanks everyone!!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone leaving this week! Can't wait to see pics of all the beautiful brides!!

Shan our cocktail hour started at 5:30-7:00 and reception was 7-9:30ish. We were ready to head indoors after that because it was still pretty hot outside. We weren't charged extra for the little bit of extra time that we were there.

For those leaving this week the disco isn't open yet but they have a DJ over at the Sunrise lobby that was pretty good. That's where we continued the party. Nizuc was pretty laid back and calm in the lobby but the amphitheater shows were more loud. We missed the Michael Jackson show on Monday night, it's at Sunrise amphitheater. We were having dinner at La Trattoria......fabulous food but it literally is a 2.5-3 hour experience. So plan accordingly!! Best food I ate the entire week we were there. Cheese soup fantastic and Veal Lasagna out of this world!!! It's 4 courses so make sure you a super hungry!!! Oh and the beef medallions with blue cheese were marvelous!!

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#5492 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
    • Site Supporter
    • 261 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by stefn1218 

How are you getting reassigned? I keep being told someone will contact me, but no one ever does.  I've tried calling several different numbers but don't seem to be able to get anywhere. Do you have a number that's been working for you?

Not to sound negative, but seeing as how your wedding is still 10 months away, I would not expect to hear from anyone soon.  Our wedding is 50 days away, and I was JUST contracted by a 'wedding planner' with a welcome letter from the wedding department. 

#5493 MrsBhatia

MrsBhatia
      • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

Looks amazing! Renewing our vows in August & after being let down by the horse & carriage company on my wedding day. I cannot wait to have one for the renewal x

#5494 MrsBhatia

MrsBhatia
        • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

Your wedding photos are great, which photographer on resort did you use?

#5495 nsg4729

nsg4729
          • Site Supporter
          • 83 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi Ladies-

Yes, the Cancun on-site office is getting their own wedding department because I think the feedback for the Miami office is so horrible, I guess they are starting their own.  Kalena, who was my wedding planner, actually got a promotion while I was there and she is going to be working in that new office and no longer as an on-site coordinator.  I didn't even get to see her again to say an official goodbye before I left.  She did a wonderful job for our wedding, and hopefully this means that for future brides your pre-planning will not be such an awful experience.  But yeah, Kalena will be in the new office as of this weekend.

#5496 Speckles121

Speckles121
            • 720 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Fingers crossed that this is the answer we have all been hoping for!!

Originally Posted by nsg4729 

Hi Ladies-

Yes, the Cancun on-site office is getting their own wedding department because I think the feedback for the Miami office is so horrible, I guess they are starting their own.  Kalena, who was my wedding planner, actually got a promotion while I was there and she is going to be working in that new office and no longer as an on-site coordinator.  I didn't even get to see her again to say an official goodbye before I left.  She did a wonderful job for our wedding, and hopefully this means that for future brides your pre-planning will not be such an awful experience.  But yeah, Kalena will be in the new office as of this weekend.

#5497 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
              • 130 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hi Ladies- Yes, the Cancun on-site office is getting their own wedding department because I think the feedback for the Miami office is so horrible, I guess they are starting their own.  Kalena, who was my wedding planner, actually got a promotion while I was there and she is going to be working in that new office and no longer as an on-site coordinator.  I didn't even get to see her again to say an official goodbye before I left.  She did a wonderful job for our wedding, and hopefully this means that for future brides your pre-planning will not be such an awful experience.  But yeah, Kalena will be in the new office as of this weekend.

Thank you so much for the information!!!! Any idea as to how and when we will be contacted?

#5498 nsg4729

nsg4729
                • Site Supporter
                • 83 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by CafeDelMar21 

Thank you so much for the information!!!! Any idea as to how and when we will be contacted?

No, I am not sure, but I think they are just starting to put things together, so I think as soon as they get organized that they will be reaching out.  They really take the feedback seriously, so I really think this is a great thing for future brides and will make things so much less frustrating.  Either way, Moon Palace really knows what they are doing with weddings so you really don't have to worry once your locations are booked.  I would at  least push for locations, but after that then you really don't have to worry....they aim to please and are just super accommodating. 

#5499 nsg4729

nsg4729
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 83 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

Fingers crossed that this is the answer we have all been hoping for!!

Yeah, with you getting married in December, I think things will definitely be in place in time for you to reap the benefits of this new office.  Fingers crossed.

#5500 nsg4729

nsg4729
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 83 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

I got a couple of pics from the guests to share!  The day was really overcast, but I am super grateful that it didn't rain.  We had the reception in the Laud Ballroom, the wedding in Tucan Gazebo, and the  cocktail hour on the Tucan Terrace (got the mariachi band).

IMG_2092.JPGIMG_2077.JPGIMG_2101.JPGIMG_2157.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users