Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5271 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
  • Site Supporter
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Since we started our planning I have had 5 and the 5th was my on-site coordinator Zaray. She's been AMAZING, a little slow but has answered every one of my questions. As we can see on here there have been a lot of April/May brides at MP this year. We are all set for our meeting when we get there and will finalize the last minute things. 

Ladies remember Miami coordinators don't do a whole lot when your wedding is a long time off. Most of us that started planning early last year or even last fall didn't get a lot of help from them. It's not even guaranteed that you are going to have your locations reserved until you start working with your on-site coordinator which they say is 90 days out but most of us know that it's closer to 60 or even less. They all take their sweet times getting back to you. We must remember we aren't their only customers. They do have a lot more brides for a lot more resorts and not just MP. While it's extremely frustrating not getting answers for weeks or even months in my case, we need to remember that all the other recent brides have said once they get to the resort all worries were out the window and all went very well. My advice is work on your DIY projects as much as you can and send emails with lots of questions and patiently wait the best you can. It's all going to come together but unlike planning a wedding at home and months in advance Palace Resorts just don't work that way unfortunately. The one thing I have learned is being a little pushy doesn't work, in fact it slows the process down especially if your wedding is over 6 months away.

Originally Posted by Mca1116 

I have finally heard from who I was told by Michelle Farinas was my wedding planner giselle only after sending her a very demanding email and pointing out to her that she has ignored my past emails. She responded by saying she was forwarding my email to my wedding planner Juana moreira does anyone have her? If so how is she? How many wedding planners am I going to have? It seems the more people that we have Planning our wedding the more confusing it will become.

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#5272 nsg4729

nsg4729
    • Site Supporter
    • 83 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by summer12 

If you're going to be there the 10th we are getting married on the beach by Chapel Garden at 6:00!!  Come check it out!!

There are def beach options!!  Basically the they just set it up on the beach there is no designated spot.  They just say "on the beach by... where ever".  Girl that is why I wanted to DO a destination wedding.  In my eyes that is why we are flying to MX in the first place so not on the beach was not an option.  But seeing other peoples chapel weddings also look gorg!! 

Summer12 I don't get there until the 11th, so I am going to miss your big day :-(  But, maybe I will see you around the resort after if you are not leaving immediately.

Attached Files

#5273 Palacebridex2

Palacebridex2
      • 281 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

Oh wow.  Thanks for posting this.  I'll be sure to keep my eye on my statements.  I think anything like that is acceptable grounds for full refunds and cancellation. =/  That terrible.

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I faxed over my payment, my end said that it was received, but Geraldine said that she never got it.  It is very scary to have to send your CC info to someplace and not know who has it.  Ever since then, I have been checking my bank acct to make sure that there have been no charges. 

#5274 LurkerDan

LurkerDan
        • 61 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

I see many of you are getting married before you go. Is that necessary? We're doing a symbolic ceremony there, probably with our own (secular) officiant, but were going to do the legal wedding sometime after. Is that ok? Do they ask for some proof of being married for just a symbolic ceremony?

#5275 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
          • 89 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

Please keep checking.  There was 2 weeks between the lost fax & when the person tried to use the card.

Originally Posted by Palacebridex2 

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I faxed over my payment, my end said that it was received, but Geraldine said that she never got it.  It is very scary to have to send your CC info to someplace and not know who has it.  Ever since then, I have been checking my bank acct to make sure that there have been no charges. 

That's the same thing I thought too.  Unfortunately, we can't cancel everything.  Everyone else has already booked, but my Mom said that they need to give me something for my inconvenience.

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

Oh wow.  Thanks for posting this.  I'll be sure to keep my eye on my statements.  I think anything like that is acceptable grounds for full refunds and cancellation. =/  That terrible.

Krstabab143 - What response did you get from them?  I get that they won't take the blame, but did they say anything else?

Originally Posted by Krystabab143 

It crazy that you said this! When i first booked our wedding we had to pay a balance because we picked the amythest package. I faxed all my info including my credit card to pay for the balance and a week later i had over $6000 in charges taken from my account!!!!! i called and flipped out on the miami office since it was the only place i had used that card since its only used for certain bills. The office assured me that they were not blame but destroyed any card or personal info after that. I then changed my card and had everything reported. I did get all my money back but I always that it was very sketchy that that happened and refuse to give them any card info again and will try to do everything through pay pal or something next time. .... something is very sketchy though...

#5276 Renewing32

Renewing32
            • 161 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

I see many of you are getting married before you go. Is that necessary? We're doing a symbolic ceremony there, probably with our own (secular) officiant, but were going to do the legal wedding sometime after. Is that ok? Do they ask for some proof of being married for just a symbolic ceremony?

You can do a symbolic wedding then do a legal one when you get back. Its just easier if you do it before you leave. Also, if you do it before you leave, make sure all your travel documents have the same name if you are going to change your last name. You will run into major issues and delays if you have documents with two last names. do the legal stuff afterward if you dont have time to get a new passport.
              Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

#5277 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
              • Site Supporter
              • 252 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

You ladies who have been on for a while know how happy and thrilled I was with smile market. they went above and beyond and because they are the resort photographers they can make anything happen. I also posted this renewing to give u an idea. They were awesome to work with and my pics and video and even the cd case make me so happy lol  

Thanks a bunch!

Originally Posted by Renewing32 

Is there anyone that bought the photo package from the resort that can tell me how their experience was? i see a lot of brides used Ivan Luckie, any info on prices?

good looking out girl 

You can check out Ladydi's review on Smile Market/Ocean Photo she really liked them and loved her pics. She has a few posted on here and they are also on the studio's facebook page. They have several price packages to choose from too. We are using them so I'll be sure to add that in my review when we get back.

#5278 Renewing32

Renewing32
                • 161 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thank you!

#5279 stefn1218

stefn1218
                  • 89 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi Ladies,

Did anyone do/is planning on doing a sand ceremony? We're trying to decide if we want to do one.  I've heard it is a pain flying back with it because the sand shifts? Do you know if the MP offers anything for the sand ceremony or do we have to bring everything with us? We are doing a symbolic ceremony. Thanks!

#5280 Renewing32

Renewing32
                    • 161 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi Ladies, Did anyone do/is planning on doing a sand ceremony? We're trying to decide if we want to do one.  I've heard it is a pain flying back with it because the sand shifts? Do you know if the MP offers anything for the sand ceremony or do we have to bring everything with us? We are doing a symbolic ceremony. Thanks!

good question. I was thinking the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users