6467 replies to this topic

#5261 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

We arrive on June 21st. 

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

Anybody going to be at MP June 17 - June 21st? =D

I'm embarrased to say I say an episode on Sunday.   They didn't say anything about the wedding though.

Originally Posted by stefn1218 

We're planning on having our ceremony on the beach....are there any options for beach locations??? Or do they  just find you a place? We're still debating on whether or not to have the reception on the beach (knowing we have to pay a per person fee for the setup) or just go with one of the patios that overlook the beach.  Any suggestions? I have the map of the resort, but dont see any "wedding spots" on it....

Also, as embarrassed as I am to admit I've been watching it, has anyone seen "Dont Be Tardy For The Wedding?" :) Colin Cowie is the wedding planner!!!

I'm also using SMILE Market, so I'll make sure I post a good review on them when I get back.  Send me a PM with your email address and I can send you the price list that I received last month.

Originally Posted by Renewing32 

Is there anyone that bought the photo package from the resort that can tell me how their experience was? i see a lot of brides used Ivan Luckie, any info on prices?

Jamie, I'm sorry to hear you're still having drama.  Focus on your happy thoughts

Hi Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been on here in I don't know in how long!!!!!!  I have missed you all so!!!!!

I hope everyone's planning is going well and for those that have gotten married since mid April-Congrats!!!  And welcome any "noobies"

My new job has been crazy and I can't get on here during the day and at night, I have been super busy as well and this site has taken a serious back seat.

We leave in 11 days and I can't believe it!!!  It's starting to sink in, EEEEKKKK!!!  I still have to do my I-pod playlist, but I think I have pretty much everything else done.  I decided last minute to do a seating chart so I need to do place cards of some sort.

I have also had some SERIOUS drama going on with some of my family, to the point where I can't believe I was ever upset about my "friends"  I want to elope now!!!  I am a little afraid it's going to be my worst nightmare come true, my wedding could be ruined!  But we will have to wait and see!

We officially get married May 25th here in Denver (the day before we leave).  Yes, I thought the added stress would be great.  But I couldn't take another day off of work to do it, and I already have the 25th off.

There is what's going with me for now!!!!

I miss you all!!!

Lee-I am hoping I see you down there!!!  That would be great if I could see a bit of your wedding!!!  If not, hopefully this weekend! 

coco-not sure if you are ever on here anymore, but I hope being married is the best!!!

Beatyea-same to you sister!!!

xoxoxoxox

#5262 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
    • 89 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

Just a warning for you ladies....

Be careful about sending your credit card info your miami contacts.  I had to fax my over 2 weeks ago to pay for the wedding ceremony package.  Joannis said she didn't get all of the pages (even though my fax confirmation showed that all were delivered) and the missing pages were the ones with our credit card info.  I ended up having to resend it.  Then last Friday we got a call from the credit card company that someone had tried to use our card in Florida.  The credit card company fixed everything, but pissed doesn't even describe how I felt.  I called and tried to get a supervisor, but she wasn't available.  I did get her contact info and was told to send over a copy of the info we had on the charges in an email.  I did that and copied Joannis and my sales rep, Michelle Farinas.  I haven't heard back from Palace Resorts yet, but I will let you know what happens.

Just be careful because clearly there's someone in that office that's not an honest person.  Lucky for us, our credit card company caught everything the day that happened and that they cancelled the charges right away.   

#5263 catcosta

catcosta
      • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hello All I am getting Married at the Moon Palace in August just me my fiance and our 3 children( ages 4,6,8) will be there i hope it is going to be everything we hoped for and hoping when i get there someone will be there to guide me ..... very nervous

#5264 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
        • 385 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Oh wow.  Thanks for posting this.  I'll be sure to keep my eye on my statements.  I think anything like that is acceptable grounds for full refunds and cancellation. =/  That terrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsRJF 

Be careful about sending your credit card info your miami contacts.  I had to fax my over 2 weeks ago to pay for the wedding ceremony package.  Joannis said she didn't get all of the pages (even though my fax confirmation showed that all were delivered) and the missing pages were the ones with our credit card info.  I ended up having to resend it.  Then last Friday we got a call from the credit card company that someone had tried to use our card in Florida.  The credit card company fixed everything, but pissed doesn't even describe how I felt.  I called and tried to get a supervisor, but she wasn't available.  I did get her contact info and was told to send over a copy of the info we had on the charges in an email.  I did that and copied Joannis and my sales rep, Michelle Farinas.  I haven't heard back from Palace Resorts yet, but I will let you know what happens.

Just be careful because clearly there's someone in that office that's not an honest person.  Lucky for us, our credit card company caught everything the day that happened and that they cancelled the charges right away.   

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#5265 nsg4729

nsg4729
          • Site Supporter
          • 83 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

24! =D 

I don't think we'd have enough for a private reception.  Even if we did, we have like ... maybe 5 dancer-types there LOL

Aww, ok.  Well, that is actually good because it will dave you a ton of money.  Just for decor for 5 tables, I am spending way more than I need to :-)

#5266 nsg4729

nsg4729
            • Site Supporter
            • 83 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by nsg4729 

Aww, ok.  Well, that is actually good because it will dave you a ton of money.  Just for decor for 5 tables, I am spending way more than I need to :-)

*save*, not dave - lol

#5267 Krystabab143

Krystabab143
              • 43 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsRJF 

It crazy that you said this! When i first booked our wedding we had to pay a balance because we picked the amythest package. I faxed all my info including my credit card to pay for the balance and a week later i had over $6000 in charges taken from my account!!!!! i called and flipped out on the miami office since it was the only place i had used that card since its only used for certain bills. The office assured me that they were not blame but destroyed any card or personal info after that. I then changed my card and had everything reported. I did get all my money back but I always that it was very sketchy that that happened and refuse to give them any card info again and will try to do everything through pay pal or something next time. .... something is very sketchy though...

#5268 Krystabab143

Krystabab143
                • 43 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Dont be nervous.. from what i hear they make it a very special and wonderful wedding day for each and every bride... enjoy the day!

and WELCOME to the thread!

#5269 Mca1116

Mca1116
                  • 37 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

I have finally heard from who I was told by Michelle Farinas was my wedding planner giselle only after sending her a very demanding email and pointing out to her that she has ignored my past emails. She responded by saying she was forwarding my email to my wedding planner Juana moreira does anyone have her? If so how is she? How many wedding planners am I going to have? It seems the more people that we have Planning our wedding the more confusing it will become.

#5270 Mca1116

Mca1116
                    • 37 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

I have finally heard from who I was told by Michelle Farinas was my wedding planner giselle only after sending her a very demanding email and pointing out to her that she has ignored my past emails. She responded by saying she was forwarding my email to my wedding planner Juana moreira does anyone have her? If so how is she? How many wedding planners am I going to have? It seems the more people that we have Planning our wedding the more confusing it will become.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users