• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#4841 nsg4729

nsg4729
  • Site Supporter
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Bey ladies FI & I arrived on the resort about 2 today. We are on the Nizuc, side s s was greeted with a cool & I received a flower. Once we sat down to begin the check-in process we were given champagne. EVERYone was do nice!! Our room is very close to the Tucan gazebo (sweet deal) and we ate about a 4-5 minute walk Moon grand where we will have our reception.
    I love it... It's large. The rooms are a good size no complaints but balconies small on Nizuc. This is the oldest side but still nice. Yet when we found both the Tucan Gazebo & the Rooftop...I'm in love with the outside of the grand. We will visit tomorrow & may move depending on the $$ we will still be close to our guest. Speaking of guest, our 1st guests arrived and we had dinner with them at Arrecfies.
    Ok gotta go my FI beckons
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update...we are all excited for you.  And seems like the weather is holding up since you havent mentioned it :-)

Hope the big day is absolutely fab.  Can't wait to hear how the ceremony and reception went!  Enjoy...and thanks for keeping us in the loop!

#4842 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hola Chicas:-) I ran into Emily(beatyea) while she sat outside of my window on her horse drawn carriage. How ironic is that? I asked if she was Emily and she said yes. Great first meeting huh ;/) At that time as well, my MOH & 2 BMs were assembling our OOT bags to give out tonight at our Welcome cocktail held on the Arrecifes at 6:30 tonight. Big day tomorrow YAY!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4843 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
      • 130 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hola Chicas:-)
        I ran into Emily(beatyea) while she sat outside of my window on her horse drawn carriage. How ironic is that? I asked if she was Emily and she said yes. Great first meeting huh ;/)
        At that time as well, my MOH & 2 BMs were assembling our OOT bags to give out tonight at our Welcome cocktail held on the Arrecifes at 6:30 tonight. Big day tomorrow YAY!!

OMG so excited for you and Emily!! :D:D

#4844 FutureRN2011

FutureRN2011
        • Site Supporter
        • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hola Chicas:-)
          I ran into Emily(beatyea) while she sat outside of my window on her horse drawn carriage. How ironic is that? I asked if she was Emily and she said yes. Great first meeting huh ;/)
          At that time as well, my MOH & 2 BMs were assembling our OOT bags to give out tonight at our Welcome cocktail held on the Arrecifes at 6:30 tonight. Big day tomorrow YAY!!

CONGRATS Coconoir and Emily!!! I can't believe in just 7 days, it will be me getting ready to take the leap.....ahhh, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it! Have a wonderful day!!!

#4845 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
          • 675 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Happy Wedding weekend 4.21.12 & 4.22.12 Brides!  And Congrats Beatyea!!!!  So excited for you ladies!!!! 

Cheers!!!! 

#4846 sophia56

sophia56
            • Site Supporter
            • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hi Ladies! I can't believe the time has come for so many of us! Congrats to Emily and Coco!!

I have a quick question for those who have already been to Moon Palace. Does anyone know if the Tucan Gazebo has electrical outlets? JSAV has quoted us $2500 for audio services for our Sikh wedding ceremony (we need 5 mics and some speakers), which I think is absurd and we definitely can't afford it. We've decided it would be cheaper to buy equipment out here and then bring it with us. But we need to know if there are any outlets that can be used in there. Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

#4847 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
              • 130 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

$2500?? Did you ask for lights and a DJ as well??
                If you rent the speaker system and mic from Moon Planace it's $405 for 4 hours. And as far as I know, PSAV has the same thing for under that.. so you may want to shop around for some quotes rather than buying equipment...

Originally Posted by sophia56 

Hi Ladies! I can't believe the time has come for so many of us! Congrats to Emily and Coco!!

I have a quick question for those who have already been to Moon Palace. Does anyone know if the Tucan Gazebo has electrical outlets? JSAV has quoted us $2500 for audio services for our Sikh wedding ceremony (we need 5 mics and some speakers), which I think is absurd and we definitely can't afford it. We've decided it would be cheaper to buy equipment out here and then bring it with us. But we need to know if there are any outlets that can be used in there. Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

#4848 sophia56

sophia56
                • Site Supporter
                • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Nope. No lights, no DJ. That's what they quoted for 5 mics, amp, and 2 speakers. I feel like I'm getting ripped off because the wedding is only 2 weeks away and they know I have limited options. I was not at all expecting to pay that much for audio. They're also charging me over $1000 just for the wedding set-up, including $300 for white sheets to put on the ground for us to sit on!

#4849 FutureRN2011

FutureRN2011
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by sophia56 

Nope. No lights, no DJ. That's what they quoted for 5 mics, amp, and 2 speakers. I feel like I'm getting ripped off because the wedding is only 2 weeks away and they know I have limited options. I was not at all expecting to pay that much for audio. They're also charging me over $1000 just for the wedding set-up, including $300 for white sheets to put on the ground for us to sit on!

You would be better off going out to a bar and getting a rented out VIP section with unlimited drinks for music and dancing for that kind of money. My wedding is next week and there are only 12 of us going so.....a private reception was not an option for us....so, I looked into going out afterwards after the dinner and the prices were $69.99 per person.....thats for 6 hours of open bar with VIP section in 3 major bars in Cancun, including transportation with someone to stay with your group to ensure you are getting the VIP service.

How many people are going to your wedding to where u need 5 mics and 2 speakers?

#4850 sophia56

sophia56
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

It's actually not for the reception - it's the wedding ceremony. We are having a Sikh wedding, with 3 people conducting the ceremony. They requested mics for each of them, as well as 2 for their instruments (they will be playing the harmonium and the tablas). We have about 130 guests, so I'm not sure if mics are even necessary. I'm super confused about what to do right now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users