Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#4831 MrSRobinson1

MrSRobinson1
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hello,

I can't decide whether to wear white/Ivory or the wedding color (Mauve) for the welcome dinner. I know usually brides wear white but I thought it would be cool/different to have the wedding theme color. What do you think? I will be getting the dress made to match the bridesmaid's color exactly.

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

#4832 leenancy

leenancy
    • 212 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hi Kelly! Welcome back and congrats on the new shop! That sounds like a pretty exciting venture. I am on my way to ready your review now :)

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Okay ladies I have started a planning thread.  It is not completed yet but take a look! 

http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-photos

Thanks for the updates coco! I love hearing from you all while you're there. It makes me more and more excited for my turn. I'm living vicariously through you right now. Enjoy your time there!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Just wanted to check in quickly.
      All is going very well for us and the people are fab.
      We decided not to upgrade to Moon and chill but we ran into a couple staying on the moon grand side and they love it! We will try to venture to sunrise in the am but who knows if we will get there lol. We have 6 guest here so far 2 yesterday & 4 today and they love it!!!
      Massages were OMG great!!! We did this 90 minute presentation MP was offering to sell memberships we got an extra 300 spa credits and $100 for tours :-)
      My meeting today with Valeria was great. We will have a 4hr reception she will not charge for the extra hour but after that she will. Only charged $65 for set-up & offered great ideas. She had all of our stuff that was passed on from previous communication except menu choice which was easy. Arrecfies cant handle 66 people so on Friday we are having welcome cocktails with our own bar on the terrace instead from 6:30-8:30. She will also do the set-up for that. She didn't say anything about Ivan & knows that I got him a room.and I said nothing about the flowers with Marvin. Since our room is so close to the gazebo she will pick me & the flower girls up and take us to the Nizuc Lobby we will take the long way so that our guest will not see me and we can have a longer ride. All if our add on was $1152 ($12 per person set-up on the rooftop), 2 guest passes, horse & carriage, $65 set-up love her and she greeted with with a big hug. Whoever had her will be elated. She will get a big tip from us.
      TTYL
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
      2 Guests booked through other services

#4833 leenancy

leenancy
      • 212 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hey Kelly I have a question for ya... I'm using Sara too. Did you buy day passes for both her and her hair lady? I'm considering canceling just her hair lady because I don't want to pay for another day pass. Thanks lady!

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
        2 Guests booked through other services

#4834 Susanne Prenzel

Susanne Prenzel
        • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

#4835 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
          • Site Supporter
          • 201 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hey ladies I just posted my OOT bag thread.

http://www.bestdesti...and-ready-to-go

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#4836 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
            • 130 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

I actually never thought about what to wear. I think white should be reserved for the wedding (my opinion) so I would go with the wedding colour :D

Originally Posted by MrSRobinson1 

Hello,

I can't decide whether to wear white/Ivory or the wedding color (Mauve) for the welcome dinner. I know usually brides wear white but I thought it would be cool/different to have the wedding theme color. What do you think? I will be getting the dress made to match the bridesmaid's color exactly.

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

#4837 krsmith

krsmith
              • 528 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yes I bought day passes for both of them. I'm torn about Abilene... at the time when I wrote the review my little sister had brought up how she hated her hair the first time around and that really stuck in my head. After my friend touched up my hair I ended up liking mine a lot, but at the same time was exactly what I wanted. My mom was THRILLED!! She loved her hair and was SUPER excited that she had all the volume in her hair. She seriously has the finest hair ever (and hardly any of it), so she was skeptical, but she ended up LOVING hers. My other little sister had a picture and she really liked her hair too.

Honestly I think if you are prepared and have pictures you should have no problems with your hair! 

Originally Posted by leenancy 

Hey Kelly I have a question for ya... I'm using Sara too. Did you buy day passes for both her and her hair lady? I'm considering canceling just her hair lady because I don't want to pay for another day pass. Thanks lady!

#4838 shan0487

shan0487
                • 1,393 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Happy Wedding Weekend to all the April 20-21-22 brides!!! I hope each of your days are AMAZING and you enjoy every minute of it! I'm so excited for all of you and can't wait to see pics and read reviews!!!

#4839 nsg4729

nsg4729
                • Site Supporter
                • 83 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

I have been talking with http://www.floresrivieramaya.com/eng/  and http://www.cherryblossom.com.mx and their email address is sales@cherryblossom.com.mx.  Their website is currently under construction, but the communication with them has been great! I am 85% sure I am going with cherry blossom as their prices are the same as Marvin's.  Floresrivieramaya's prices are a little cheaper, but they have stopped emailing me as well- I asked them to create an example bouquet and a price proposal about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything! They were great in the beginning, the lady I was talking with would email me back every day or every other day at the latest. 

Thanks so much!  I just sent them both an email.  We'll see what happens.

#4840 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

You're welcome, good luck! :)

Originally Posted by nsg4729 

Thanks so much!  I just sent them both an email.  We'll see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users