Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#4501 MsHarryWinston

• 60 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hello All:

I have just been in contact with Katie from Zu±iga and she said as long as you purchase something from them (like they got better centre pieces than MP), and pay the set up fee, they will set up decorations for you. YAY! No $200/per table for me baby :D

I have been reading the threads and thought I could share the good news!

Thank you to who ever posted to contact them, saved my sanity and my pocket :D

Wait wait wait! SOOO if I order some hanging lanterns from them they will set up the DIY centerpieces and linens that we bring down to Mexico for free??? Did I understand that right? Do they just pick up your stuff from the wedding coordinator? That's an AWESOME loophole! Also, I was wondering if anyone is having a beach party for their group? Lots of other resorts offer them as special prepackaged thing for like $1200. And they set up a cool beach party, dj, campfire with smores stuff, bar etc. Unfortunately Moon Palace doesn't have a premade option like this, you'd have to kind of create it yourself, but is anyone doing it. I think it would be cool if you have unlimited events. And if you're not sure where to start here is what I'm thinking: Use 1 free private event, beach location iPod technician for 2-4hrs Zuniga lounge seating But I don't know if they can set up campfires on the beach or have ingredients for smores. It's the one thing Moon Palace is missing because I would TOTALLY pay an extra $1200 for a beach party.

#4502 nickiamh

• 24 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

I do know that Palace often charges additional for beach set up because it is a more "difficult" space to set up- I would check it out because I think it is a per person fee additional-----also just a suggestion----if you are having an event on the beach bring bug spray for your guests :-) 

#4503 nickiamh

• 24 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Oh...we also used Zungia for decorations but just a "heads up" that the set up fee/transportation fee is not cheap!  I think it was aprox an additional $900.00 for us for staff to set up/break down/transport/etc.  

They did a great job- my contact was Lily-but keep that in mind when you are doing your budget- we used them for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding and they tried to charge us $900.00 a night!  We were able to get that price down since we told them we wouldn't use them for both nights without a deal.  Good Luck!  

#4504 MsHarryWinston

• 60 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Well there goes that brilliant plan. :(

#4505 nickiamh

• 24 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

Sorry...just wanted to give you a heads up-check with Palace and Zungia- our wedding was on Isla Mujeres (a small island off of Cancun) so maybe the transportation/set up/etc. was more expensive for us-----can't hurt to ask!  And just get it in writing....I got "don't worry about it" alot with working with vendors...just ask again and they will put it in writing for you :-)  good luck! 

#4506 MsHarryWinston

• 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

Thanks! I've just started drooling over Le Blanc Spa Resort but I'm pretty sure that NO ONE would dish out $2,500 to come :( I think the $1,800 for Moon Palace will be hard enough to convince them.

#4507 Speckles121

• 720 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

I got a quote from Katie at Zuniga and the labor in/out and transportation was only $150 for setup at MP!

#4508 Krystabab143

• 43 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Does anyone have the email for Kate from Zuniga? Also who to contact with dj mannia? My future mother in law decided that there was no way she would allow us to not have a dj lol! So now I'm looking into those options... Also, I talked to Michelle about new wedding coordinators.. She said they were training new WCs and I would be reassigned soon.. I'm worried to have someone that noone knows but I'm sure everything will be fine. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

#4509 USCJLB

• 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hi Ladies!

Working on writing my review but I wanted to show some of the pictures if any of you all are using Juan Navarro for photography. I havent gotten back all of the pics yet but he posted some to his website http://blog.juanphotos.com/. It is the Stephen and Jessica photos. He was terrific to work with and I am kicking myself for not doing a trash the dress with him as well!

Coco, I had Valeria as my onsite coordinator and she was the most amazing person and was so helpful, so you are in good hands.

FYI, and I may be completely an anomaly...I never spoke to an onsite coordinator before I arrived in Cancun and didn't have my officially confirmed locations until about two weeks out (but that was with Ivis and I learned quickly when I arrived that she did a great job screwing up). Like I mentioned before, it all worked out beautifully and it is a shame that the terrific on-site people have to correct the errors of the Miami folks.

#4510 summer12

• Site Supporter
                    • 156 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Does anyone have a list of what excursions we can do with our resort credits?  If so please PM me it!!  MUCHAS GRACIAS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users