Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#3961 shan0487

shan0487
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

My miami coordinator told me that she would charge me $200 to set up the things I bring down for the ceremony and reception since I will not bring a lot- just chair bows, table runners and my favors.  I still think that is outrageous, but at least it is not $200 per table! I now have to do some research and see if it will just be cheaper to rent everything rather than buy it and pay the $200 set up fee! I hate all these new rules! I hope the 2010 and 2011 brides realize how lucky they were! :)



#3962 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
  • Member
  • 675 posts

    Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

    This still bums me out!!!!  That is still way too expensive for me!  I am not happy, and even more upset that I can't get in touch with anyone!  I am determined for them to keep their original $65 set up fee!  Or else I am going to have some stuff to sell, unfortunately, not to MP brides!
     

    Originally Posted by shan0487 

    My miami coordinator told me that she would charge me $200 to set up the things I bring down for the ceremony and reception since I will not bring a lot- just chair bows, table runners and my favors.  I still think that is outrageous, but at least it is not $200 per table! I now have to do some research and see if it will just be cheaper to rent everything rather than buy it and pay the $200 set up fee! I hate all these new rules! I hope the 2010 and 2011 brides realize how lucky they were! :)



     



    #3963 shan0487

    shan0487
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

    Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

    I totally agree- it is waaaay to expensive!! I bet if you have an email quoting you the orignial $65 set up fee, and you argue with them, they will honor it! I have no chance in he!! that I will get Janessa down to the $65 since I wa not offically booked until after 2/1/2012....

     

    Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

    This still bums me out!!!!  That is still way too expensive for me!  I am not happy, and even more upset that I can't get in touch with anyone!  I am determined for them to keep their original $65 set up fee!  Or else I am going to have some stuff to sell, unfortunately, not to MP brides!
     



     



     



    #3964 Speckles121

    Speckles121
    • Member
    • 720 posts

      Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:07 AM


      Im going to have to use that tactic once I get my new coordinator bc I have Ivis. I booked in Dec 2011 so they should honor the $65 fee!
       

      Originally Posted by shan0487 

      I totally agree- it is waaaay to expensive!! I bet if you have an email quoting you the orignial $65 set up fee, and you argue with them, they will honor it! I have no chance in he!! that I will get Janessa down to the $65 since I wa not offically booked until after 2/1/2012....

       



       



       



      #3965 Jamie5280

      Jamie5280
      • Member
      • 675 posts

        Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

        ya, the thing is, I can't find the e-mail saying $65 :(  But I know I got one early on, that's how I knew the price.  I thought I did a diligent job of keeping all e-mails.  But I e-mailed Janina again and told her that she was the one that told me that originally (because she was). 

         

        As for Speckles....girl, your wedding is a little further off, so I wouldn't be surprised if they give you the higher rates :(
         

        Originally Posted by shan0487 

        I totally agree- it is waaaay to expensive!! I bet if you have an email quoting you the orignial $65 set up fee, and you argue with them, they will honor it! I have no chance in he!! that I will get Janessa down to the $65 since I wa not offically booked until after 2/1/2012....

         



         



         



        #3966 emma112

        emma112
        • Site Supporter
        • 8 posts

          Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

          Hi girls, I just been on the resorts website but can,t find the info. I have 7 rooms booked totalling 91 nights. Will I be eligible for a free function? Many thanks Emma,

          #3967 Laura1220

          Laura1220
          • Site Supporter
          • 60 posts

            Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

            Speckles121...My new coordinator is Joannis Rodon.  She is taking over Ivis' weddings.  Her email address is jrodon@palaceresorts.com.  She just emailed me today, so try to reach her!



            #3968 Jamie5280

            Jamie5280
            • Member
            • 675 posts

              Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

              WOW!!!  This makes me LOL.  I have Ivis and my wedding is in 3 months, but you get an e-mail???  MP is seriously starting to make me so very angry!  Makes me wish I didn't book there! 
               

              Originally Posted by Laura1220 

              Speckles121...My new coordinator is Joannis Rodon.  She is taking over Ivis' weddings.  Her email address is jrodon@palaceresorts.com.  She just emailed me today, so try to reach her!



               



              #3969 Jamie5280

              Jamie5280
              • Member
              • 675 posts

                Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

                Laura 1220-sorry that came off like I am mad at you, but no!  Just thoroughly disappointed and frustrated with MP!!! 



                #3970 Smoylan

                Smoylan
                • Jr. Member
                • 202 posts

                  Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

                  I would be so upset with MP as well! I just emailed her, I was happy to wait for 3 months out, because I myself dont really want to deal, but now I'm getting nervous that ill never hear from anyone!

                   

                  Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

                  Laura 1220-sorry that came off like I am mad at you, but no!  Just thoroughly disappointed and frustrated with MP!!! 



                   






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users