6467 replies to this topic

#3901 shan0487

shan0487
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

I know Jamie- it is very frustrating that they are going to try and charge that much- I'm sorry to hear you already bought all of your sashes and everything! I will let everyone know what Janessa says if I can have a friend set up the decorations! 

What is really frustrating is that we no longer have contracts- so I feel like they can just make something up and tell us and we have no proof if it is right or wrong.  Ugh!

I am too doing the complimentary package and I might just pay to have orange chair sashes on the aisle to give it a pop of color! I guess I will have to pay $4 a chair sash if that is the only option- Ugh!!! Makes me angry!

#3902 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

I think we should all be fighting this. When I booked the wedding I was told that the price for them to set up our stuff was $65 and I will go down fighting for that price. I had already invested alot of money into my own linens etc when they changed the price. It's really not fair at all!!

#3903 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
    • 385 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

We could started a petition? =)

I dunno, I hope someone can get some concrete answers to this. 

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#3904 beatyea

beatyea
      • 288 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'm with you- I'm just going to deal with it when I get down there because they are the ones that will really have the say.

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

I think we should all be fighting this. When I booked the wedding I was told that the price for them to set up our stuff was $65 and I will go down fighting for that price. I had already invested alot of money into my own linens etc when they changed the price. It's really not fair at all!!

#3905 palacebride27

palacebride27
        • 58 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

I am FINALLY in contact with someone from Cancun Palace directly and she has been a GREAT help!  The first thing she told me was that it was $200 to set up the ceremony if you bring your own decorations and $100 a table for the set up of dinner.  Although, she did tell me that included doing everything from name tags, wedding favors, centerpieces, chair bows etc.... Since I was just going to bring my own linens and centerpieces, I asked her if there was a way to discount that price OR if I can just have my own people set up.... She didn’t answer me on us setting up ourselves but she did say she would see if we could get a lower set up fee.  I feel for you girls that bought your own stuff already, as I did, cause now I think I’m going to HAVE to let Zuniga do it all for me. 

I’m doing the complementary package for the ceremony .  Remember ladies, they charge you like $2,300 JUST for the ceremony.  None of that stuff goes into the dinner/reception, so I ask you, is it worth that much money for maybe 30min!? 

I also found out that the Dj they use is jsav productions.... The ipod/speaker set up for 2 hours is $395.  This does not come with anyone to do announcements etc.  The next step up is Dj service for 2 hours for $1,00 OR $1,495 for 4 hours. 

Personally what we are doing is Mariachi for the cocktail hour, $480 and then the ipod set up for the dinner, which is 2 hours.....  Since they don’t allow the party to go past 11, we aren’t doing a "reception" at the resort, but going to a club after dinner!  Should be fun!

Any ways, just wanted to let you guys know what I found out.  I’m in direct contact getting all the details ironed out so if anyone has a question, feel free to let me know and I’ll try to help!

Happy FRIDAY!

#3906 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
          • 675 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

I am doing 4 hours w/buffef and I-pod set up.  The 2 hours includes dinner and 2 hours of open bar.  To extend to 4 hours is $60/table.  For the speaker set up, the new price is $400, it used to be $385  :(

I have the old contract saying it's 10/table, so not sure what is going to happen now with the new collections???  I have a feeling I may be 8/table by the time I get there for my wedding!  Hope that helps.  It's hard because everyone is starting to get so many different answers!

Originally Posted by Smoylan 

I am doing the complimentary package with add ons...although Im not sure what??? I definately want the horse drawn carriage!

I have also reached 65 room nights booked and I am thinking thats going to be about it.

However, I would love to be surprised by a couple more, but having an AHR makes it easier for people to celebrate with us back here.

I have loved not having to deal with the moon palace directly! My Travel Agent has done all the coorespondence :)

I am just waiting for my 90 days out phone call. I know some people have been having problems and I am hoping to know exactly what I want by the time they call me. So I have a few questions for all you experts!

What should I do with my 2 hour function-does it include dinner? Id like it to be 4 hours with a buffet and use PSAV. How many people per table? Was that ever figured out? and how much is it per hour to extend? I feel like there is no straight set answer? Is it in my contract?

I know you all have been going back and forth and Ive been following everything, I just want to make this as stress-free as possible. I envy all your creativity and hard work!!!

~Siobhan

#3907 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
            • 675 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

I tried to e-mail PSAV or JSAV whatever they are called and the e-mail bounced back to me.  Does anyone have an e-mail for them?

#3908 shan0487

shan0487
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Yikes! I would like to know this as well as I wanted to email them next week!

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Hi Ladies,

I tried to e-mail PSAV or JSAV whatever they are called and the e-mail bounced back to me.  Does anyone have an e-mail for them?

#3909 palacebride27

palacebride27
              • 58 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi Ladies,

#3910 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
                • 324 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hi Ladies,

I sent a not-so-nice e-mail out to ivis and cc'd a few other moon palace contacts I had and Michelle responded to me saying that they are hiring a new Moon Palace wedding coordinator and she will contact me next week - maybe this is why we arent hearing from Ivis??? Just thought I would let you guys know!!

Summer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users