• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#3801 Laura1220

Laura1220
  • Site Supporter
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hellloooo Ladies!

This is my first post! I am a MP April 2013 Bride!  I have just finished 5 days of reading through this entire thread (all 378 pages) and the information is invaluable.  I feel like I know so many of you already and you are all so talented, beautiful and wonderful!  I am grateful for all the insight I now have regarding what to expect in the next 14 months as I begin to plan my wedding.  I wish you all the best in next months as your wedding dates approach and look forward to seeing how all your weddings turn out!  I am not a very creative bride, but all your DIY projects are so inspiring, I may just take a shot at it!  I walked around AC Moore this afternoon gathering up ideas already!  I am sure I will have many questions as the days and months go on, but for now just saying hello!

#3802 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
    • Site Supporter
    • 81 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

ihitchcock@palaceresorts.com
      Good luck.

Originally Posted by Zoehug 

Hi ladies, im new one here and getting Married at the Moon Palace on March 22, not long now. Im from the uk and seem to have had no help at all, other than one lady one here that has sent me some documents. Ive spent days sat here reading all your posts and wow you guys are great, a lady called Beatriz started emailing me and told me to get together what I want and she would ring me to talk about it, she rang me two nights ago only to tell me that she is not my WC and a lady called Ivis is. Now im worried since I have nothing confirmed other than the date and seeing that none of you get any response from Ivis im clueless what to do, do any of you have a contact email for Ivis so I can attempt to sort this? Thanks again for all you posts on this thread they have helped me so much xx 

#3803 AppKate

AppKate
      • 21 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hey Everyone!

I had a question about the "ceremony structure"/the arbor thing they use on the beach for weddings...does anyone know how you go about getting them to put the really pretty fabric on it??  If they have fabric there or do you bring it yourself?? 

And even through I am working with a travel agent, we are STILL waiting to hear back from MP about reserving a wedding date!!! Which is frustrating because we really want to send out invitations and get the ball rolling with telling our guests when deposits are due, etc.  Any words of wisdom on that? Should it take this long for them to get back to me on just reserving a date??

I have been reading a lot about some of you having problems with the WC and planning things and it kind of freaks me out!!  Before I go ahead and book MP should I look into other Palace resorts??  I really don't wanna have a hard time for the next 8 months planning this wedding, when it shouldn't be that hard to plan!  If you had it to do over again would you go with MP or pick a smaller Palace resort?

Thanks! Katie

#3804 natalie47

natalie47
        • 29 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi there, 

I have a few images of a bee hive type hairstyle with a modern twist.  I wear my hair everyday with volume so would not have it any other way.  I have made all my booking for Spa and Salon treatments.  Here is a contact to my these bookings.  Her name is Karla and very helpful.

kestrada@leblancsparesort.com

#3805 natalie47

natalie47
          • 29 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hi there,

Yes, I can confirm what the other ladies has said is the truth.  I have unlimited private functions.  Even before this I was going to pay the $400 per table to have a private function on the carribean terrrace along with the $12 per person.  I have qualified for the unlimited private functions.  I have gone for the Colin Cowe Metallic snds collection for the decor of my table because I did not have to pay for the private function.  I still have to pay the $12 per person.  Also for two hours extra service.  Still think this is very reasonable for a private function space.  i have used my dinner reservation for a welcome dinner at Arrecifes.  Why don't you do the same.  Use your dinner reservation in one of the restaurants.

#3806 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
            • 385 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

Does anyone know if I would be able to change the ceremony location if it became too windy on the beach?

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#3807 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
              • 385 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

And has anyone heard of or read anything about theft or things being stolen from luggage?  I want to bring my wedding shoes (which are designer) but worry about them...

#3808 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

I don't think in all of my reviews that I have read  10', 11' and some 12's that this was a concern and I'm sure many have had designer shoes.  However; if this is a concern why not have them in your carry on luggage?

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

And has anyone heard of or read anything about theft or things being stolen from luggage?  I want to bring my wedding shoes (which are designer) but worry about them...

#3809 Speckles121

Speckles121
                  • 720 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

did anyone else catch dateline friday night?? it was about the producer from survivor who killed his wife at moon palace. ive gotten 5 calls so far of people saying that it looks like a great resort but they have concerns about this..like really?? fustratingggg

#3810 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
                    • 385 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Yea, my family brought it up today. =/

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

did anyone else catch dateline friday night?? it was about the producer from survivor who killed his wife at moon palace. ive gotten 5 calls so far of people saying that it looks like a great resort but they have concerns about this..like really?? fustratingggg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users