Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#3791 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
  • Site Supporter
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

I'm just curious about this "Ivis" person?

Is she a Miami contact?

Is she an actual on-site wedding coordinator at Moon Palace?

Or is she part of this new position they invented, where she is a 'wedding planner' for Moon Palace, but not really an on-site coordinator?

How can she be seemingly dropping the ball on so many different things for some many brides as their wedding date approaches?

#3792 beatyea

beatyea
    • 288 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

She is the new position and not an onsite coordinator.  I have tried for about a month now to get a hold of her and she has not responded.  Geraldine has told me twice that she will contact her to contact me, but still nothing.  Susan, Geraldine's boos, has told me that she will get Ivis to contact me and the hold up is due to training on a new computer system, but still I have not heard from her and I am about 60 days out!!!!  And they won't just give me my onsite coordinator at this point and I don't understand why since I'm close.  Let me cut out the middle man that seems to be giving wrong information anyways!!!  

I'm just curious about this "Ivis" person?

Is she a Miami contact?

Is she an actual on-site wedding coordinator at Moon Palace?

Or is she part of this new position they invented, where she is a 'wedding planner' for Moon Palace, but not really an on-site coordinator?

How can she be seemingly dropping the ball on so many different things for some many brides as their wedding date approaches?

#3793 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

Oh no Beatyea!! I need to contact Ivis regarding my welcome/ rehersal dinner at Moon Palace, but from what your telling me I'm not going to hear from her for a long time! Yikes, that is frustrating! My Sun Palace contact person Janessa is very attentive and responds to my emails within 24 hours.  I wish Ivis was attentive for you Moon Palace brides!

Originally Posted by beatyea 

She is the new position and not an onsite coordinator.  I have tried for about a month now to get a hold of her and she has not responded.  Geraldine has told me twice that she will contact her to contact me, but still nothing.  Susan, Geraldine's boos, has told me that she will get Ivis to contact me and the hold up is due to training on a new computer system, but still I have not heard from her and I am about 60 days out!!!!  And they won't just give me my onsite coordinator at this point and I don't understand why since I'm close.  Let me cut out the middle man that seems to be giving wrong information anyways!!!  

#3794 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Did anyone find out if we can book tours prior to arrival to Mexico?

#3795 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
      • 385 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

My "in between coordinator" is Lily.  She's been okay, but I find that she redirects my emails back to Janina, so I just email Janina directly.

IMO, it's kind of a useless position. =/

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#3796 airica26

airica26
        • 51 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi Ladies,

Need bouquet advice:

Anyone have any ideas on what to do about bridesmaid bouquets. I do not want to spend $100+ for each one because I have 4 bridesmaids.

Anyone else have this problem?

Resort and wedding day booked. Here we go.

#3797 bluelenscaribe

bluelenscaribe
          • Vendor
          • 194 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hello Moon Palace Brides!!!

We love the Moon Palace Resort, it's a very nice resort to celebrate your love.

We did a few weddings there and we will be happy to share this special day with you!

Here is a link to our blog http://bluelenscarib...ns-caribe-news/ to discover some of our wedding pictures!

#3798 Zoehug

Zoehug
            • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hi ladies, im new one here and getting Married at the Moon Palace on March 22, not long now. Im from the uk and seem to have had no help at all, other than one lady one here that has sent me some documents. Ive spent days sat here reading all your posts and wow you guys are great, a lady called Beatriz started emailing me and told me to get together what I want and she would ring me to talk about it, she rang me two nights ago only to tell me that she is not my WC and a lady called Ivis is. Now im worried since I have nothing confirmed other than the date and seeing that none of you get any response from Ivis im clueless what to do, do any of you have a contact email for Ivis so I can attempt to sort this? Thanks again for all you posts on this thread they have helped me so much xx 

#3799 Speckles121

Speckles121
              • 720 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Im using Marvin from maya floral and he has been amazing to work with..he has quoted me $65 for my BM bouquets!

Hi Ladies,

Need bouquet advice:

Anyone have any ideas on what to do about bridesmaid bouquets. I do not want to spend $100+ for each one because I have 4 bridesmaids.

Anyone else have this problem?

#3800 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

ChipmunkRN,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all of this craziness.  I would be beyond pissed

OK ladies I'm about at my limit, I take that back I am at my limit!! Now Ivis came back with my wedding 30 days out and she tells me I can't have my wedding on Dolphin Beach. There is a party of 100 at Grand that day, you cant tell me they didn't know this 1,2,3 Months ago!! So I want a beach wedding so what does she suggest!!! A different section (not on the beach)  the cocktail reception by the chapel (not on the beach) and my dinner at a completly different resturant than we had settled on!

I swear she doesnt have a frickin' clue what she is doing!!

What good was it to plan all this crap a year out and email and confirm and call just to be here now with nothing set. I am so stressed out. Finals are coming up and I'm trying to finish my papers, do my DYI stuff and now this. GRR.

Sorry to vent but AHHHH!

On a happier note:

Coco- I agree lets see photos, I love boxers!!

My boxer 4 yrs old - Shaq he is a very large boxer 90lbs!!

shaq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users