Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#3311 YWS2012

YWS2012
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your Nana, my prayers go out to you and your family.

I put together a group of pictures of my Grandma,My Mother-in-law and my two brother-in-laws with a poem that we will have some read during the ceremony..also I put charms with each ones initials in my bouquet.

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

Wellll 3 months today I will be standing on the beach saying I DO! I need some serious DIY motivation because my list is long and my time is short! I keep joking with my FI saying jeez I know why people have kids after they get married... I have no spare time with 2 little ones running around. I also need a bustle put in to my dress... I havent even been back to the store to try it on. Where has the time gone??????

On another note, my nana passed away new years day and I would like to include something in memory of her...I know people have posted some of this stuff but I never looked closely because I didnt think I would need anything :( Is etsy my best bet for a small memorial charm?

#3312 Palacebridex2

Palacebridex2
    • 281 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

Everything looks AMAZING!!! You should quit your day job, and go into party/wedding planning!!!! You are awesome, and I sure that your guests will love everything that you have done!!!! Congrats on the other thing as well!!! SHHHH ! LOL

#3313 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
      • Site Supporter
      • 201 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

Have you looked online to see if you can find this particular dress in another color closer to what you are wanting? www.bestbridalprices.com might be a good place for you to start, sometimes their prices are much cheaper than what you can find in the store. My sister got married 2 years ago and we were able to save $150 by purchasing our dresses through there rather than at the bridal salon. Good luck on your quest for the right MOH dress!

Originally Posted by ladydi1844 

So my colors have been fuschia and light pink and I have tried to throw in other colors over the months but i really wasn't happy with anything so I left it at that and I love it. Now my daughter who is my maid of honor has been having a really hard time finding a dress. She is in her first year of law school and it has been brutal on her not to mention she planned my whole shower (that is coming in 2 weeks shhh lol) so I have been patient. We have gone a few times and everytime she finds a dress she likes and than for some reason the next day or even a week later we have found out for whatever reason it wasn't going to happen. So after waiting for her to get a dress all this time I had to move on and order the other dresses and decor and hope that she would find something pink or fuschia. weel she went tonight and found something she absolutely LOVES but we realized after that it is CORAL (a pinky coral) but coral. I do not know what to do. Can I do coral and fuschia??? or should i make her go back to the drawing board. I am so upset. I want her to be happy and feel beautiful. She is the most wonderful daughter but i am going to choke her. I got the flower girl dresses. I got them with both fuschia and pink sashes and flowers and can use either. it's simple to change the flowers in the netting and he very generously sent me enough for both because i wasn't sure what color pink my daughter was going to get. see below. please help???????   tina1.jpg mad2.jpgfranks.jpg

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#3314 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
        • Site Supporter
        • 201 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

@ndvidul all of your creations look amazing! Exciting that you will be on your way pretty soon. Can't wait to hear how it all goes and see pictures! Your dress is BEAUTIFUL!

@SummerDawn - So very sorry to hear about your Nana you and your family are in my prayers.

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#3315 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
          • 675 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

hahaha!!!  That definitely made me LOL - Good one Chelsea!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Mr. Coco, Love it....... TeeHee 

#3316 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
            • 675 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Beautiful dress and you daughter sounds/looks amazing!!!! 

So, the company doesn't make the dress in any other color? That's a bummer!!!  I can understand it's hard for her to find a dress that she likes.  I had my younger sister keep trying on dresses that didn't come in the color I wanted.  I didn't care what the dress looked like, the only requirement was that both my sisters find a dress in a fuchsia color.  So, I had my younger sis keep trying on dresses until she found one that she liked and it came in a fuchsia color.  I think that if you want light pink or fuchsia, IMO you ladies should keep lookin' away. It sounds a little like you won't be happy with coral and fuchsia and I don't think I would be either....Good luck and I hope she finds something that she likes soon!!!  

So my colors have been fuschia and light pink and I have tried to throw in other colors over the months but i really wasn't happy with anything so I left it at that and I love it. Now my daughter who is my maid of honor has been having a really hard time finding a dress. She is in her first year of law school and it has been brutal on her not to mention she planned my whole shower (that is coming in 2 weeks shhh lol) so I have been patient. We have gone a few times and everytime she finds a dress she likes and than for some reason the next day or even a week later we have found out for whatever reason it wasn't going to happen. So after waiting for her to get a dress all this time I had to move on and order the other dresses and decor and hope that she would find something pink or fuschia. weel she went tonight and found something she absolutely LOVES but we realized after that it is CORAL (a pinky coral) but coral. I do not know what to do. Can I do coral and fuschia??? or should i make her go back to the drawing board. I am so upset. I want her to be happy and feel beautiful. She is the most wonderful daughter but i am going to choke her. I got the flower girl dresses. I got them with both fuschia and pink sashes and flowers and can use either. it's simple to change the flowers in the netting and he very generously sent me enough for both because i wasn't sure what color pink my daughter was going to get. see below. please help???????   tina1.jpg mad2.jpgfranks.jpg

#3317 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Your daughter looks amazing in this dress!  Does the dress come in the colors that you are looking for (prayerfully it does).  If not, then I would say to continue to have your daughter look for what fits her but in your colors.  As I look at the coral color along with the flower girls dress, is is a big contrast.  Hopefully, something can be found that will suit the colors that you have chosen while your daughter get to rocks what compliments her.

#3318 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

TGIF Chicas,

Well our little Cesar Chavez come home tomorrow and my son is around the house making sure everything is in order.  If he goes to the crate one more time I think I will put him in it lol.  So knowing the the weekend will be pretty busy for us starting tomorrow with an hours drive to and fro and a pick-up time at 12p there will be no DIYing here.  So, I managed (with my sick tail) to finish our "pop of color" for our welcome dinner.  The quotes were taken from the bible passage 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 all except "Love is Wright"  ;-) 

Beginning of Straws.JPGstraws4.jpg

#3319 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 81 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

DSCN2680.JPG

Mailed out the invites. Took a little longer than I wanted but I like how they turned out. coverinsideDSCN2677.JPGDSCN2678.JPG

DSCN2679.JPG

#3320 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 81 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Finally got my invites out, took longer than I thought but I think it was worth it. My favorite was the palm tree wax seal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users